Duke Nukem Forever 2

karka

No one really expects 3D Realms to finish Duke Nukem Forever at this point. It's been over a decade since development started on the follow-up to one of the 90s most successful first-person-shooters that wasn't touched by the hands of id Software, and 3D Realms has almost nothing to show for it but empty promises.

Of course, that doesn't mean they're not already prepping for a sequel. In an interview with Firing Squad, 3D Realms CEO Scott Miller started popping crazy pills and announced they'd finished "high-level story" work on a Prey sequel and "and of course as soon as Duke is done we'll begin a new one."

What?!?! Shouldn't the team finish the first sequel before jumping onto the next? Maybe, but Miller seems to understand his team has "definitely screwed up along the way" and appears surprisingly confident that when - or if - Duke Nukem Forever is eventually released, "few will care that it took so long" as long as it's quality.

3D Realms may take plenty of mud slinging over Duke Nukem Forver's development, but I'm with them: if the Duke makes an awesome return to kick my ass and chew some bubblegum (let's hope he's not out of gum this time), I'll be the last one complaining.

http://1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3148889

:'(

centinexx.png

Haha :D

They can sit and make DNF for as long as they like. They already have the funding from Take 2, and from other projects that they produce, such as Max Payne, Max Payne 2 and Prey.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Is there proof that somebody is working on this game right now?

Actaully, i know about no other than George Broussard and Scott Miller. Either there's no other, or those who are employed at 3DRealms aren't braging about it.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

[rant]

The world needs Duke Nukem. Where's the charismatic heroes in games these days? Shooters, especially. Look at the Halo games and Doom 3. You have a guy in a space suit. Where's the attitude there? It's antiseptic, that's what it is. Sanitized for your protection - which is the antithesis of the Duke!

[/rant] ;)

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

True, true.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

LOL you're so right, Gabrielle. It's named Forever, and it's taking forever to make. Hahahahaaha. Oh, the irony!

Duke Nukem FOREVER.

Hahahahahaha.

Oh man, thanks for bringing this to my attention, this was TOO FUNNY. Hahahaha, I almost rolled on the floor laughing it was just that fresh.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)