KotOR2: Open-ended Ending?

I bought KotOR 2 when it first came out. I played it up to about the 30 hour mark, and then I just lost interest for the longest time. It's been about a year since I picked the game up, but I started playing it this weekend again. Anyhow, I finished the whole story all the way up to the end on Malachor V. I beat the floating lightsabers Kreia sends at you. I had a saved game right before I went in to fight her so I could see different endings...only, everytime I try to pick different options, the ending is still the same. Yet, even so, this is not what confuses me. What confuses me is all the open-endedness of the other characters. What happens with G0-T0 and the Remote, who are waiting for your command? What about Mandalore and Bao Dur and everyone else? Unless they all died when the Ebon Hawk fell into the canyon on Malachor's surface, then I'm confused. Why would G0-T0 and the Remote wait for my command, and then the game ends, and you never know what happens? I was really disappointed by the ending of this game...KotOR 1's was much better, especially on the dark side :lol:

There is an alternate Dark Side ending, but it isn't all that different. It's unclear when exactly you make your LS/DS choice, but if I were to venture a guess, I'd say it depends on how you respond the meeting with the jedi masters (do you kill them or accept their ruling...)

The reason why the companions all seem to just vanish from the plot is that Lucasarts pushed the deadline, which forced Obsidian to cut a lot of stuff from the game, including all the resolutions for the companions and a bunch of other stuff. It all became the infamous cut content, which you can find numerous references to.

Fortunately, a group is restoring the cut content, so that we might play it one day. Look at this topic and follow the links to their site. The restoration project seems to be coming along nicely.

i think that killing the masters or not only affects what happens when u return to dantooine. its if u choose to kill krea or not that affects the ending i think

I doubt that, since I always got the same ending the first time around, no matter whether I decided to kill her or listen to her and attempt redemption.

Besides, killing the masters gives you Force Crush (a DS power), whereas accepting their judgement (and then having Kreia interrupt) gives you Enlightenment (a LS power). The distinction there could have some effect on the final outcome.

many thing effect it, whether you chose to join the darkside (when kreia asks you) or lightside, hence what you do to the jedi masters, kill or follow - you can also 'manipulate' your party members differently

what you do in the end is effected by what you have done throughout the whole game, unlike in k1 how on rakata prime you get to chose your true destiny (which is up to you) the game is slowly effected in every planet, by all your actions

if your the lightside you kill kreia and the ebon hawk flies off malachor 5 with its destruction, naturally assuming that you didnt kill the jedi, and that kreia did, or the DS ending, where you keep the dark lord of the sith throne or whatever (i havent accually done the DS ending... yet

if you have ever killed a jedi, but saved the rest your considered DS, i killed (didnt want to) kavaar on onderan, accidentally siding with general tobin or whoever he was, and then forced to kill kavaar :(

It's unclear when exactly you make your LS/DS choice
With the exception of the Rebuilt Enclave scene (which depends on whether you killed the Masters or not, regardless of your alignment), everything in the game is controlled by your immediate alignment. There is no global turning point like following/not following dark Bastila in K1.

thats one of the things i liked about TSL, the lightside/darkside endings are based on all of your choices throughout the game, rather than just one. in K1, you can have lightside mastery but drop to the darkside in one decision, giving you a darkside ending...not very probable.

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

I think was a good ending. Leaves you wanting more doesn't it?

Dramatically and plotwise, yes, but that doesn't come across well the first time you see it, at least it didn't for me. Like the poster of this topic, I was more like "WTF?!?"

Then I played it again. And again. And I read through the text in the dialog.tlk file. It helped a lot, and plotwise it's solid in the same way Ep. V was, but even so it still hurts the game that the ending was cut to pieces - the end result is a horribly scarred and unfinished game. I don't mind an open ending (like "Empire Strikes Back"), but I do mind an unfinished one.

and its all lucas arts fault... if you listen to the jedi masters, they explain the "hunger" about you. it clears up a lot...

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

and its all lucas arts fault... if you listen to the jedi masters, they explain the "hunger" about you. it clears up a lot...

I know, but there is a lot of confusion about it. I speculate that some this was going to be left open for K3, but if that was the case, then that point was lost as well among all the other cut content...

I think I will try ones to end up with an absolute grey alignment.

Like when you have 50 in the goodevil meter in KSE. See how that would work. Hmm, maybe the game crashes then??!!

Or would there be an hidden ending?

Probably not.

Master Vandar lives!

I tried. it plays the light side ending even if you are grey... tht sucks.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

we've known that for 2 years now, revan.