C&C Games

Tiberian Sun is the best of the series. I didn't like the expansion Firestorm though. Red Alert 2 is good for the series.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Tiberian Sun is the worst of the series.

RA 2 rules supreme, although first one has a better campaign.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I hope you all have played ALL the Westwood C&C games to be objective in this matter.

If no, then I don't know how you could decide witch one is the best.

Maybe it's just best of the ones that a person has played. :blink:

Exactly, no one who didn't play all the games can say that one of them is the best of all. <_<

IB1OsQq.png

I hope you all have played ALL the Westwood C&C games to be objective in this matter.

Exactly, no one who didn't play all the games can say that one of them is the best of all. <_<

Maybe they have played the entire series. As soon as I get my new hard drive, I've got 10GB of C&C games to install. :)"

Maybe they have played the entire series. As soon as I get my new hard drive, I've got 10GB of C&C games to install. :)"

I have all, and played all of them. So I can say that I think the best is also the first: Tiberian Dawn

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

I played all of them, and to boot, i played them on release, starting from Dune2.

Not from release( I had no comp then) , but I buyed them in the released order(so too from Dune2)

IB1OsQq.png

Is the DVD re-release any good?
It's a total mess. Not only did they do zero bugfixing because "we're talking 10 years old code here", but they also managed to create new ones. Tiberian Dawn suffers from a showstopper around which a fan-made solution appeared only recently (haven't tested it yet so I can't assure it works), and the music tracks from the expansion are missing. Same goes for RA, and that one has the Soviet FMVs missing. Those are bugs everyone is encountering. Everyone. There seem to be problems with the launcher asking for the DVD, even when it's already in... etc.

My advice, steal it. :)

I'd heard about the Soviet FMV's not appearing but haven't had the oppourtunity to test it yet. Haven't tried Tiberian Dawn yet either. What showstopper is in that one? :huh:

Unfortunately the multiplayer is broken in the earlier games so no C&C or RA internet games. :(
As a matter of fact, the old Westwood Chat system and TS/RA2 multiplayer lobbies are now managed by the community. There are patches and detailed guides to make both Tiberian Dawn and RA1's multiplayer modes work, and quite simply, to boot. Of course, EA's involvement in this is reduced to allowing the community to manage the lobbies.

Ah, good to know. :)

I'd heard about the Soviet FMV's not appearing but haven't had the oppourtunity to test it yet. Haven't tried Tiberian Dawn yet either. What showstopper is in that one? :)

Starting from mission 7 (Nod) and mission 5 (GDI) if I remember correctly, the game crashes as soon as any player-controlled unit goes near the upper left corner of the map. There are variations, and the extent of the bug is variable (I, for instance, had the crash occur anywhere in the upper quarter of the map). Considering that in some missions you actually start around those areas, and in some others you actually have to go over there, this bug effectively renders Tiberian Dawn unplayable.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I'd heard about the Soviet FMV's not appearing but haven't had the oppourtunity to test it yet. Haven't tried Tiberian Dawn yet either. What showstopper is in that one? :huh:

Starting from mission 7 (Nod) and mission 5 (GDI) if I remember correctly, the game crashes as soon as any player-controlled unit goes near the upper left corner of the map. There are variations, and the extent of the bug is variable (I, for instance, had the crash occur anywhere in the upper quarter of the map). Considering that in some missions you actually start around those areas, and in some others you actually have to go over there, this bug effectively renders Tiberian Dawn unplayable.

Okay. That's an awful weird bug. :)

Okay. That's an awful weird bug. :huh:
Indeed. It's related to the Win95 compatibility mode in which the game is set to run by default, as the crash doesn't happen if you turn it off. Unfortunately, without the compatibility mode, it's the game's videos that cause it to crash. :)

Yes. All EA did to ensure that "ALL GAMES NOW RUN UNDER WINDOWS XP!" was to have the installer automatically set the games to Win95 compat mode.

Go EA!

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Generals could have been the best game on the market if any other publisher had been in charge.

no, if the real Westwood team would had made it, with either RA or TD factions.

Actually yes, Generals could have easily been awesome if EA had decided to patch it once in a while instead of discontinue it and then release a "deluxe edition" box as a final slap in the face.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

Well, it must be pretty recent. I've been checking the boards somewhat regularly for the past few weeks, and while they said there was a patch coming, they had no planned release date.

Some APOC, supposedly EA RTS community manager, announced that they were focusing their efforts on fixing the missing movies and missing music tracks. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they actually fixed any other issues, and might even consider purchasing the compilation.

Okay. That's an awful weird bug. :geek:

This is soooo EA :-"

IB1OsQq.png

Maybe it's just best of the ones that a person has played. :)

Maybe they have played the entire series. As soon as I get my new hard drive, I've got 10GB of C&C games to install. :("

I have all, and played all of them. So I can say that I think the best is also the first: Tiberian Dawn

I too have played them all, plus Dune 2000 and Emperor.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

installing it now... I like the poster with the ion cannon on it :)

I officially own 2 copies of each of the games now :lol:

I got the pack for ease of installation and compatability... (like say... being able to actually HEAR the game correctly.)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.