C&C Games

Yea they came just out with a 10'th anniversary edition, with every single C&C game on a DVD.

The only problem is, money goes to EA, they destroyed Westwood :)

Everything goes to EA now. They now publish the Half-Life/Counterstrike franchise, the Farcry franchise etc.

Edited by Bokishi

Everything goes to EA now. They now publish the Half-Life/Counterstrike franchise, the Farcry franchise etc.

Not if you buy Half-Life from Steam ... :D

Yea. Also, leave it to EA to sell a packaged HL2 deathmatch/counterstrike pack without HL2. :blink:

Edited by Bokishi

Red Alert 2 and the expansion were awesome :)

Not Starcraft awesome, but pretty darn close :)

Were nice, but would be better if original team makes it. :(

But even now with old graphs, Tiberian Dawn is the Best RTS :D

Westwood did make RA2. RA2 was the last game in the series that they made I believe. I liked the campy, not entirely serious feel of Red Alert 2. I spent more time playing it than I did Starcraft.

Is the DVD re-release any good?

That depends on how much of the series you already have. If you are missing several in the series then it's probably a good pick up for you. Unfortunately the multiplayer is broken in the earlier games so no C&C or RA internet games. :(

Even if you have the entire series, if you play them often enough it may be worth it to pick up just to have the entire series on one DVD so no more disc swapping. :blink:

actually the pack from a year ago contains tiberian sun, redalert 2, and renegade.

and yes the Ion Cannon RULES

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

We should create a separate thread for EA haters. :blink:

That would be a bad idea, TOS and all :)

It would be okay if the topic was about how much everyone LOVED every publisher (and there was a single omission ...) :("

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

activision maybe...

and back on topic, One of my personal funniest escapades on Tiberian Dawn was doing mission 3 (sam site base) as nod...

I'm a master turtle so I'd make a building, sam site, building, sam site. Only problem was that my sam sites were spread out to the point where only three would shoot at an aircraft at a time. I also ran out of money. Finially what we did was we just sold EVERY BUILDING in my base and bum rushed... with mini gunners... and won...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I remember when EA was a fine publishing house and the name 'Electronic Arts' actually meant something. Now good games seem to happen despite EA's involvement rather than because of it, and there's too much money being spent on derivative drivvle.

Anyway, I've always wanted to play RA2 so I might be picking this up.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

What Bokishi said. Twice.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.