Grey matters...

Are you willing to coexist with me, I leave you alone and you leave me alone, and we both express whatever opinions we want?  Let me know what your answer is because I'm willing to leave you alone if you leave me alone.

I will consider your proposal and get back to you...

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Unless I'm missing something here and GJK has been harassing people, I see absolutly no reason for this trolling.

It appears to me as if some people are being a bit intollerant. Does it offend you that much that he uses the word god and appears religious or has he crossed some sort of line in what he's said. If he has broken some rule, and I fail to see which, then there is probably a better way than creating a forum that is obviously intended to troll for some stupid religious debate or to flame a person for his/her beliefs.

Well this is a game forum. There is an offtopic forum for religious, political and mythological debate.

People want to read about KOTOR II not threads which are thinly veiled attempt to be self indulgent.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Apparently it does look like GJK has been hijacking atleast one of his own threads to turn it into a religious debate, however, he was provoked to an extent. Some of the words were less than kind before it went there... and this thread is still not called for. The harassing is going both ways.

Apparently it does look like GJK has been hijacking atleast one of his own threads to turn it into a religious debate, however, he was provoked to an extent. Some of the words were less than kind before it went there... and this thread is still not called for. The harassing is going both ways.

I'm just asking him to please stop talking about Jesus and christianity when posting about SW/Kot0R II...

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Unless I'm missing something here and GJK has been harassing people, I see absolutly no reason for this trolling.

It appears to me as if some people are being a bit intollerant. Does it offend you that much that he uses the word god and appears religious or has he crossed some sort of line in what he's said. If he has broken some rule, and I fail to see which, then there is probably a better way than creating a forum that is obviously intended to troll for some stupid religious debate or to flame a person for his/her beliefs.

I appreciate the support friend, I talk about Jesus because I beleive in him, I'm not forcing anyone to listen to me or respond, most of my topics and polls are Star Wars or KOTOR related, its just that when people start blasfeming Jesus, I get angry and I respond. I see conections between Star Wars and Christianity, does that mean that people have to agree with me(ofcourse not), but I would like the freedom to say what I choose to say, even if it has something to do with my beleifes or my opinions.

Jesus Loves Us All

I appreciate the support friend, I talk about Jesus because I beleive in him, I'm not forcing anyone to listen to me or respond, most of my topics and polls are Star Wars or KOTOR related, its just that when people start blasfeming Jesus, I get angry and I respond. I see conections between Star Wars and Christianity, does that mean that people have to agree with me(ofcourse not), but I would like the freedom to say what I choose to say, even if it has something to do with my beleifes or my opinions.

But your the one bringing up Jesus in the first place!

Don't bring him up, and people won't bash him...

-Hurlshot

"But your the one bringing up Jesus in the first place!

Don't bring him up, and people won't bash him..."

Wow... that's just... wow.

I feel a bit like a ping pong ball. On the one hand I feel that GJK is pushing religion a bit hard in other people's faces and I see no reason for creating two near identical poll-threads about a connection between Jedi and Christianity, but a statement like that makes me feel I was right to originally defend him to an extent.

That's like saying... don't say that you are black... so we wont bash you.

Don't say that you are gay, and we wont have to call you names and belittle you.

It would be nice if an admin would put an end to this nonsense.

Don't say that you are gay, and we wont have to call you names and belittle you.

When you (the poster, not GDM) bring up something like that, you have to be ready for what you might stir in others...

-Hurlshot

and anyway I wouldn't care if most of the forum agreed with GJK...

(read the part of my Sig that's in Latin*...)

*I realised it was not likely most of the people her spoke Latin...

(I am only a beginner)

so here it is: The people hiss me, but I applaud myself as I count the money in the strongbox at home...

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

-Hurlshot

Wow... that's just... wow.

I feel a bit like a ping pong ball. On the one hand I feel that GJK is pushing religion a bit hard in other people's faces and I see no reason for creating two near identical poll-threads about a connection between Jedi and Christianity, but a statement like that makes me feel I was right to originally defend him to an extent.

It would be nice if an admin would put an end to this nonsense.

It depends in what context its brought up. It's not like we are just talking about a passing comment , but rather an attempt to preach. As well as spam the top 5 most recent threads in the forum.

It's the preaching that gets on peoples nerves regardless of what your particular affiliation is.

People manage quite well keeping their personal views to the off topic forum.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Why is this thread still open?
Sorry but the mods are too busy banning innocent people and firing good mods and hunting people like me for complaining to actually have time for cleansing threads in the Kotor-topics...

now officially 100% of the "additional mod support" appointed along time before has left... wow...

Anyone wanna make bet's for the current 3?

But there is still "REPORT"

Edited by BattleCookiee

It's time I spoke up. I am addressing you and you alone Grey Jedi Knight. Please, take this personally, as it is likely all I am going to say on the matter.

Many (if not all of your posts) blantantly parade the fact that you are a Christian of some sort. There is nothing wrong with being Christian. Though I am an atheist myself, I understand and respect many values and ideas that are held by you and yours. If you are a Christian, devout or no, it does not matter to me.

But there IS something wrong with how you have been expressing your Christian beliefs and dismissing the opinions of others. This, by forum as well as social guidelines, is absolutely unacceptable. Imagine a Muslim or Buddhist jumping into the middle of your religious service or prayer and pressing his or her beliefs upon you while dismissing your's? Clearly, you must logically admit that you would not accept this. By doing so, however, you would be indulging in hypocracy.

Christianity, especially Catholicism I believe, stresses the social and intellectual aspects of the faith as well as the spiritual. By entering into these forums and smothering our viable opinions with your sweeping, fundamentalist rambling, you are breaking the precepts of your own faith on a basic level as well as upsetting those members of this forum who have conflicted with you. This is also absolutely unacceptable.

In addition, there are the social guidelines that are laid out by internet forums in general. These include, first and foremost, staying on topic. Despite this simple directive, however, you have singularly again and again intentionally strayed from the topic at hand and launched into some sort of vaguely religious tyrade or parade. This, like the other issues in hand, is unacceptable, and I would rethink my online social strategies if I were you, lest you chide and anger more people than you already have.

Another point I would like to bring up is your unbelievable ignorance regarding your fellow forumers and their opinions. This forum, like all others, is a social community, and, as such, its members and their words are to be respected as your own. Yet you either cannot seem to understand or refuse to practice this common social courtesy. This is unacceptable. Demanding that a certain forumer remove an image from his or her signature (I will not name names) simply out of your personal feelings or tastes regarding that image, is absolutely outrageous. Unless the image or contents therein are in violation of the community's basic guidelines and rules, its removal is at the complete disgretion of its poster.

When it all comes down to it, you seem to hold three basic principles in mind with regards to this forum community:

1. The Obsidian Entertainment forums are designed to cater completely to you.

2. The other members of this community don't matter.

3. The opinions of other members of this community don't matter.

It is these three issues that have caused this problem. The ball is in your court now, Grey Jedi Knight. As I see it, you have three options with regards to these three poor views held on your part:

1. Leave this community for good to excorcise this issue.

2. Stay here and continue to anger this community while demeaning yourself and your religion.

3. Conform to the simple and proper rules that this community demands equally of all of its members.

As I said before, this is all I have to say on this matter for the time being. Don't make me say more, Grey Jedi Knight.

Edited by Sargeras
swesbrly5iz.gif

I am going to outlaw reply on this poll, so as to stop certain users from blanketing it with unwanted responses.

This is so very funny , Why not put your fingers in your ears and yell real loud until everybody agrees with you?

Anyway the worker is going to answer you if you like it or not.

Theres absolutely no correlation between the order of the jedi and Christianity - the Jedi do not pray to any higher entity (by that alone it doesn't qualify as a religion) - the only submission the Jedi partake in is into personal development physical and mental cometary to Christianity(and other religions) who exorcises submission as a means to flock in line.

The fight of Light Vs Dark is not a invention of Christianity but can be traced as far back as the cult of Zarathustra (5000 BC.) , so even there it's a weak correlation for even you to grasp.

If anything the Jedi can be looked upon as a kind of Shaolin monks..but even that is a very weak comparison.