Exile-Character Story??

Hi all this is my first time posting here.

Iv played and beaten K2 4 time 2 LS 2 DS and to tell the truth i still dont really understand the Exile and his story.

To be more precise the whole thing about cutoff from the force and the folowing (hole,echo,tear,death)of the force thing, and all of this because of something that happent at Malacor V.

1)Now my question is what exacly DID happen at malacor to the exile that made him lose his conection to the force??(i mean it couldnt have been the destruction of the planet, because Malak destroyed talos(well kill almost every1 on it) and a couple of other planets and i dont think he lost any night sleep over it :thumbsup:

2)Now at the bigining of the game from what i understand the Exile redescovers the force through the bond he has with kreia, BUT my question is as the game pregreses does he regain the use of the force through himself or is he LEACHING it from from those around him. (i mean if all his copanions are on telos and hes ALONE on Koriban would he still be able to use the force??)

3)Now to the actual game story lol , anyway another thing i hear from alot of people is the the Exile and Darth Nihilus(speled wrong prob) are actually the same peep like (Planescape: Torment) kinda thing, and that when the exile kills Nihilus they become one again and the exile regains everything he lost at malacor V.

Sorry all that i got a little long winded here but alot of this stuff wasnt ever explaines in the game(well to me anyway)

I mean in KOTOR 1 u got a pieces here and there and most plp feagured the plot mostly by the midle of the game, by the end evrything was explained where u knew revan story and everything conected to him(mostly)

But in this game alot is left hanging.

so pls can u guys and gals who help me out (w00t)

1. The Exile's "choice" to cut himself off from the force goes right back to some things that Kreia and HK-47 echo throughout the game. Remember HK's comment about Revan "cleaning house" at Malachor V and Kreia's comment about Revan using Malachor as a means by which to convert the jedi to sith. Revan had engineered the confrontation at Malachor V to be so horrible that no jedi could bear it - they would all either die or fall to the dark side, and they all die... except the Exile. When the Mass Shadow Generator was activated, all the jedi died or fell to the dark side, but the Exile realised the danger intuitively and instead of dying or falling to the dark side, he subconsciously cut himself off from the force rather than embrace the fate the Force had fated for him.

2. He's leeching it from the people around him throughout the game - he cut himself off from the force on Malachor V, and he still hasn't reconnected to it. Whether he ever will or did at the end of KotOR2 is something we don't know yet, but which I think we might see in KotOR3.

3. Yes, I think I might actually have been one of the people to propose that. We don't know it, though. All we know is that there must be some sort of connection between the Exile and Nihilus due to their similar powers and due to the masters pointing out that their abilities are the same and that Nihilus has learned his power from the Exile somehow.

Hope that helps, but you're right that a lot is left hanging, and not just because of allt he cut content. It seems obvious that KotOR2 was always intended to have a sort of "open" ending that would not be explained entirely until the subsequent KotOR3.

Meanwhile we can speculate here.

2. He's leeching it from the people around him throughout the game - he cut himself off from the force on Malachor V, and he still hasn't reconnected to it. Whether he ever will or did at the end of KotOR2 is something we don't know yet, but which I think we might see in KotOR3.

Meanwhile we can speculate here.

OK ty for the answer, but i got a question on the above, if he himself has no force powers, and only and INATE ability to basecly STEAL force from near buy plp, how is it that he still has force powers when hes alone or when hes fighting droids and hes comapanions are nowhere near him.

poss answer- can i be that this ability to steale the force has NO range, that he can do it from anywhere.

or thats this power isnt really conected to his copanion(tho with them its easier) but he can steale it from any force sensetives around??

Edited by Keenon

OK ty for the answer, but i got a question on the above, if he himself has no force powers, and only and INATE ability to basecly STEAL force from near buy plp, how is it that he still has force powers when hes alone or when hes fighting droids and hes comapanions are nowhere near him.

poss answer- can i be that this ability to steale the force has NO range, that he can do it from anywhere.

or thats this power isnt really conected to his copanion(tho with them its easier) but he can steale it from any force sensetives around??

In the game I think they try to make the point that the exile's force bonds are incredibly strong(Kriea's Hand). I don't think range has anything to do with it as much as the bond he/she establishes with the force sensitive. I think it's these bonds that give him his connection to the force.

But as a side note when you play as a DSer it seems as if the "leeching" of the force is almost exactly the same as Nihilus. While LS there are similarities but the "leeching" seems different.

Edited by foxdez

Actully i dont belive the force leaching after the initian boost u get from kreia, i befive that after that the exile is able to turn his conection with the force ON and OFF at will, with only a couple of minir leaching from the masters

it doesnt make sense,if he was leaching all the time, i mean the first person u leach from is keia who is a consulor while u are guardian, i mean where are u getting stuff like force jump from or 2 weapon fighting wheres she dueling.

Or 1000 other little things like your force powers, where do u actually learn them i mean u are leaching only the force, i mean kreia cant teach them to u,SHE doesnt know them yet

Edited by Keenon

Actully i dont belive the force leaching after the initian boost u get from kreia, i befive that after that the exile is able to turn his conection with the force ON and OFF at will, with only a couple of minir leaching from the masters

it doesnt make sense,if he was leaching all the time, i mean the first person u leach from is keia who is a consulor while u are guardian, i mean where are u getting stuff like force jump from or 2 weapon fighting wheres she dueling.

Or 1000 other little things like your force powers, where do u actually learn them i mean u are leaching only the force, i mean kreia cant teach them to u,SHE doesnt know them yet

Since when do you need the force to double weapon fight? Can't you train a soldier, scout, or scoundrel to two weapon fighting. Kriea for all I know maybe one of the most knowledgeable people in the force as I can see. Can't you see she manipulated you and made you stronger in the force. Did you know she was that strong at the end of the game.

You "leech" the power of your dead opponents...

OE's little explenation of why the PC gets XP and becomes stronger like that.

And like with the Jedi Master killings it is permanent; so the Exile doesn't have to stay near person X to use powers...

sry i dont get this, i mean the Exile sounds like an Empath or a Psionist

which mean he can TEMP steal powers and such of others

now a little anologi, nothing can be permanent with him, i doesnt make sense, HE himself desnt have the force, hes not conected to it, he can only use others peoples force...now if they are dead like the masters whats is he gona use

now lest say i know the technique to make force lightning, but to actually make i need the force , which im cut off from, i can only use from other people

now its a great idea but not a one for this game, maybe in a i am god game but not in a SW game

think about it by the time i got to GOTOs yahti had every1 turned jedi(dark jedi)

now if we agree with all of the above i could have drawn the force from all my companions and oblidarated everythng on the yaht with a though.. but no i have to run around a kill each droid individuallly

kriea just seems to remind the exile that the force is still there, there is force amongst everything, and similar to k1 how revan had a strong connection to bastila as the jedi said, witnessing everything bastila saw, in fact you where just slowly remembering your past (tssk jedi lies)

at the tiem of your sentencing, where the jedi "exiled" you, they just made you present your lightsaber, not really take your force powers away, so im assuming the exile just cut himself from the force, as kyle katarn did, so the exile was away from the force so long, that he didnt realise it was there untill kreia reminded him, when she met him

if you follow the part of the darkside, and go to hunt down the jedi from their very existance on the numerous planets they are on, you learn from them, and drain their force, which is how the exile gets more intouch with the force(also on telos from the ithorians if you chose to help them) so the exile somehow regains his power with the force from the people around him, i wouldnt really call it "leeching" more like in the crystal cave in dantooine, your excess force is being left behind in a sence, i think the exile is taking the excess force, and adds it to himself.

Edited by Revan_Returns

if you follow the part of the darkside, and go to hunt down the jedi from their very existance on the numerous planets they are on, you learn from them, and drain their force, which is how the exile gets more intouch with the force(also on telos from the ithorians if you chose to help them) so the exile somehow regains his power with the force from the people around him, i wouldnt really call it "leeching" more like in the crystal cave in dantooine, your excess force is being left behind in a sence, i think the exile is taking the excess force, and adds it to himself.

Nihilus destroys and consumes to satisfy his hunger. As battlewookie said before for each person you kill you gain EXP. I assure you when you kill someone there is a lttle bit more then taking the excess force from them. Just consider how many mercs, soldiers, and sith you destroy amd how strong you become from them.

when i said you get the excess force from them, you misinterpreted, what i meant is, the excess force that flows off them, like your excess force in the caves that are left there, you gain that excess force, but not just from killing them, but yes, killing them does get you extra, especially from the jedi masters

Edited by Revan_Returns

ok so far so good, this is what i belived until the battle with Darth Nihilus

i mean if u get excess force from killing and such, so basecly your slowly establishing your conn to the force again, then why wasnt nihilus able to leach(absorb) your force??

..his name is battlecookie i wouldnt wana get his name wrong he is a very dangerous person :p

Then why do you spell it wrong too? *starts Force Crush sequence*

ok so far so good, this is what i belived until the battle with Darth Nihilus

i mean if u get excess force from killing and such, so basecly your slowly establishing your conn to the force again, then why wasnt nihilus able to leach(absorb) your force??

Because you ARE still a hole in the force. You are nothing. The essence (levels) of you is from the others you have absorbed.

sorry mr BattleCookie MASTER

yeah as battlecookie said... oh i mean BattleCookie, you are basically like he is, someone who drains the force, depending on your allignment, a hole in the force, a blackhole

Edited by Revan_Returns

lol ok i think i got my nind wraped around it

so basecly what u are saying is that i absorb the masters eperiences and powers(levels) but since i cant use the force, I like nihilus i must keep on killing to absorb the force so i can TEMP use those powers

in a cruder sense, i sucked the masters souls, and got their experience and such i know how they use their powers but since i dont have the force i can only use them while absorbing the force from my victims??

sorry mr BattleCookie MASTER

You are pushing your luck here... :p"

lol ok i think i got my nind wraped around it

so basecly what u are saying is that i absorb the masters eperiences and powers(levels) but since i cant use the force, I like nihilus i must keep on killing to absorb the force so i can TEMP use those powers

in a cruder sense, i sucked the masters souls, and got their experience and such i know how they use their powers but since i dont have the force i can only use them while absorbing the force from my victims?

Yup. You just use up their energy yourself. For example:

When you drink a glass of water you cannot get it back anymore. But you still got it and it lestened your thirst.

So the Exile takes away others peoples power and uses it himself. And he permanently keeps these boosts too...

(Really, all is just a complicated way to explain the having of levels and XP in the game... don't think TOO much behind it...)

hmm some is correct, in a sence your right, but if you have vsed a jedi, ad your evil, kreia tells you to mimic is moves in a way, and she tells you the right stances to do, in order to beat them, and after you've defeated them you "drain" then health and force, and kreia explains its something that the sith assasains do, and if you know anything about them, they drain force from their opponents, and thrive of the excess force (no im not saying your a sith assasain although you can chose to be one, im saying you copy their technique, as you go the darkside, you do almost any method to get back force, and regain your connection)

actually I think that theres a SLIGHT difference from what Phile said.

Instead of completly killing his connection to the force, the exile on Malachor was highly over stimulated by it. Like hearing a really really loud noise and going deaf. he still was connected (otherwise the force bonds would be impossible) but he was unable to touch it conciously because of the massive trauma caused my the cacophony of force sensitive people screaming in pain as they are crushed by the mass shadow generator. over time as he established force bonds with his companions they acted as hearing aids and eventually he regained his sensativity to the force.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

ya i got it, to its like u steal their technics and experiences from their mind but since u u are a wound in the force and are not conected to it , u need to kill them and absorb their forse so u can power those technics, for awhile atlest, until u got to "feed" again because the forse runs dry .

right?

Yup. Basically the same thing Nihilus does. He feeds, then can stain on that for a while but he needs more after a while and becoming stronger by each feed he does..., but cannot without his "Force Feeding" every once in a while...

(Thus the theories that Exile and Nihilus are either related... or created by each other)

Ragh! So much explaining and arguing to do, so little time!!!! :huh:

The Exile forms bonds. When people you're bonded to die, it leaves a 'hole' in you (so says Jedi Masters and Kreia). So, the Exile bonds with a lot of peeps; they die, and (s)he becomes a giant hole, like somebody unplugging the giant bath tub of the Force.

I could explain more, but I don't have the time right now, but let me just say the the Exile doesn't mimic the Sith Assassins, they mimic him/her.

Edit: Okay, I've got more time now. (BTW: I haven't the time to be 'politically correct', so, for the Exile, the 'he' could also mean 'she' if your Exile is a female, just so that I avoid any trouble; as far as I'm concerned, neither Revan nor the Exile could/should have any set gender, since that'll only cause issues).

The Exile does not leech life (yet), they just 'connect' to people, and sap the Force off of them, which gives them back their Force Sensitivity (and, perhaps, also broke through whatever 'wall' the Dark Side version of cutting off the Force built around Kreia; the Jedi, when they cut off the Force from somebody, actually just build a 'wall' of LS energy around them, 'feeding' their body the Force, but not permitting them to use it, like those gum things that have nicotine, but not 'real' nicotine: it gives it to them, but it's far from the same thing). So, the Exile sucks off the Force from people, but not yet life, although he starts if he goes to the Dark Side.

Now, Nihilus is the great chemistry lesson of this game. For any highschool sophomores, most of you should have learned by now about ATP (if you haven't, don't worry, you probably will soon enough; I did back then. But, if you don't, then don't worry: I'll explain it to you now. :p ). ATP has 3 'phosphate groups' bound together, which takes quite a bit of energy. When you break the seal on one of the phosphate groups, all the energy that it was holding to keep it attached is released in a brilliant, energy producing, 'flash'. Let's look at what Nihilus does in that light. Visas (and Kreia, I believe) says that Nihilus kills things, feeding off the energy that the separation of them and life (or the Force and life, or the Force and them, or any one of those). Basically, he's forcing the reaction to occur, breaking the seal on one of the phosphate groups to release a lot of energy, which he merrily gobbles up. The only real difference between ATP and Nihilus' life-sucking powers: ATP can have that phosphate group reattached at a later date, making it entirely reusable, whereas Nihilus' victim isn't likely to come back to life any time soon, leaving the broken seal just like that: broken.

Well, I really just wasted a bit of everybody's time, but if you actually lack a life so much as to read my stuff, ask questions or argue with it. If I'm wrong about something, I'd like to know, so that I can revise stuff. :p

Edited by The Great Phantom

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."