Dark Messiah of Might & Magic

karka

Meta, seen any footage? In one of the clips, the PC casts an ice spell on the ground, around the corner of some pretty tall tower. An orc chasing the PC comes around the corner, then slips off the tower, ragdoll-style. Very cool.

Yeah, saw that. :)

It sounds more FPS than RPG, but that isn't a criticism, just a lame categorisation. FPS with RPG elements, as if Gordon Freeman gets a new HGV suit, or the super-jump from the first game when he get's to Xen ...

HEV HEV

Oh the atrocities.

Tired. Kryptonite spam has drained posting power. Must rest to recuperate ... :rolleyes:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Wasn't the Might & Magic always pretty poor when compared to just about any other RPG?

I still laugh every time I see a M&M title, they always look so bad.

Different kind of RPG.

Big maps , huge dungeons, lots of combat. And some really evil puzzles.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Wasn't the Might & Magic always pretty poor when compared to just about any other RPG?

I still laugh every time I see a M&M title, they always look so bad.

Different kind of RPG.

Big maps , huge dungeons, lots of combat. And some really evil puzzles.

Guess they are not my kind of thing. I hate hack and slash RPGs...

I played the first Might and Magic's on my Commodore 64. I think it was 1-3. Then I missed 4-5, but I started again with 6, didn't like 7, enjoyed 8 a great deal and really, really tried liking 9 but failed miserably.

I think it's a respectable series. Lots of exploring, lots of quest, not so much dialogue but often good stories (except the earliest parts). Combat and character building has changed a lot between the different games, but they've mostly been enjoyable.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It's the new Hexen. I'm excited to see the M&M franchise getting some new life, but I'm of course concerned about both this and the new HoMM. I hope they pull them off. This is definitely a FPS...First Person Sworder game.

Edited by Hurlshot

Might and Magic was king of the RPG's for awhile. MM3 was great, and Clouds of Xeen combined with Darkside of Xeen made one of the first real epic RPG's. It had a pretty solid revival with 6 and 7, but it was tun in to the ground after that.

I think it will be a good fantasy action game with a few (very) light RPG elements - enough to give it a bit of texture. Arkane did a great job with the atmosphere in Arx and I think they are perfect for this. It's a new game world, new developer...the old M&M is irrelevant to how this will turn out.