Empire at War

Calax

Is Empires one of those online games you have to pay?

empire at war? nope.... it's primairly single player but you can go at it in tactics battles with another guy... think rome total war with a star wars twist.

thank the SW gods...

(Or SW sith lords, ether 1 works...)

(or the maker if your a droid...)

Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Yes, I do love leather. It looks good on my lithe body as it fits tightly.  :)

:blink:

:shifty:

:wub:

Deadly_Nightshade

Agreed. :)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Coolness. I'll have to look further into what this game is about.

Ummm it's simple... take control of one of the factions and it's heros and kick the snot out of the other one. :blink:

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Empire vs Rebels. Also, it's not really RTW in Star Wars at all... the tactical area is more like Empire Earth / Age of Empires, and the 'campaign' part is a lot more simplified. Not necessarily bad, of course.

just a side note mon cal's will kill an impstar if impstar is left on its own. But that never happens becasue all imperal capital ships (other than the anti starfighter one) come with a compliment of ties.

and the Acclamator class cruiser is the empires frigate,

Maximum Tech Level 5 to get the Death Star I believe, unless you're in the campaign (story) mode, at whcih point I'm not sure.

Unfortuantely no SSDs, though I wouldn't be surprised if an expansion was released that expanded on the units.

That thing's a behemoth...it even dwarfs an SSD. Kind of a balance issue. :p

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Hey, how do I build deathstar? Me want kill planet now!

Tech lvl five, or in campaign you just kinda get it after a certain point. It was funny becaue when I got it I blew up half the galaxy.

Be warned though, the multiplayer part in the game is already notoriously unstable, a lot of games won't connect and those that do often have severe lag. LA rushed the production, as always.

Otherwise it's pretty cool, I dig the space battles, they ****ing rock. But land battles... not so much.

I have yet to blow up Naboo tho, I wanna smack those gungun. :angry:

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Be warned though, the multiplayer part in the game is already notoriously unstable, a lot of games won't connect and those that do often have severe lag. LA rushed the production, as always.

Otherwise it's pretty cool, I dig the space battles, they ****ing rock. But land battles... not so much.

I have yet to blow up Naboo tho, I wanna smack those gungun. :angry:

Well, count our blessings they actually delayed the game at one point then.

With the patch I find MP fine.

You should have tried going online on the first few days though. Near Impossible.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.