NWN Question

ramza

I was playing the OC lately and I just discovered that the character I had created sucked. Being almost done with chapter 1 and not wanting to go through all these tedious mini-quests again, I was wondering if I could replace my current character by another one. Of course, I would have to use the cheat keys to give my new character the same level as the old one, and I would also have to somehow manipulate the save file in order to achieve this transfer.

The thing is that I don't want to lose all the items I have gathered so far (some of them are neat). In the worst case, if I had to restart from the beginning in order to keep my items, I wouldn't mind that much. But I would like to keep playing the game from the point I made my last save (you could replace your main character by another one in the middle of the game in the BG and IWD series).

I remember having the same probs 1 year ago with one of the exp and someone had told me to create a simple mod (with just one map), in which my first character would drop all her items and the second one would pick all of them. Finally, I had to save my new character and start playing the OC with her.

However, I don't remember exactly what to do...

Can someone help me please?

Cheers.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I was playing the OC lately and I just discovered that the character I had created sucked. Being almost done with chapter 1 and not wanting to go through all these tedious mini-quests again, I was wondering if I could replace my current character by another one. Of course, I would have to use the cheat keys to give my new character the same level as the old one, and I would also have to somehow manipulate the save file in order to achieve this transfer.

The thing is that I don't want to lose all the items I have gathered so far (some of them are neat). In the worst case, if I had to restart from the beginning in order to keep my items, I wouldn't mind that much. But I would like to keep playing the game from the point I made my last save (you could replace your main character by another one in the middle of the game in the BG and IWD series).

I remember having the same probs 1 year ago with one of the exp and someone had told me to create a simple mod (with just one map), in which my first character would drop all her items and the second one would pick all of them. Finally, I had to save my new character and start playing the OC with her.

However, I don't remember exactly what to do...

Can someone help me please?

Cheers.

Closest I think you could do would be to edit a copy of the module of the chapter you're in in the toolset to have a chest full of the items you have, then start a new character in that module and bring him up to speed. I think the only drawback to this would be Companion quests. I don't think your progress in those quests will carry over so you probably won't be able to finish them.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I haven't started any companion quest yet... I just chatted a bit with Tomi, but that's all

I will try doing what you suggested and I will come back here to tell you how it went.

thanks

EDIT: unfortunately, I cant open any OC chapters as modules in the toolset... any other suggestions?

Edited by ramza

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

First, finish Chapter 1, later you will be able to start Chapter 2 from the 'new game' menu.

Then create a mini-module with all your items and a scripted dialogue to give you the amount of XP you have earned before. Start a new character in mini-module, get all your XP and equipment, save character.

Now you are ready to start chapter 2 with your new character.

First, finish Chapter 1, later you will be able to start Chapter 2 from the 'new game' menu.

Then create a mini-module with all your items and a scripted dialogue to give you the amount of XP you have earned before. Start a new character in mini-module, get all your XP and equipment, save character.

The thing is that I don't remember how you actually transfer your items from the old character to the new one! I remember using the DM client and opening the module I had created. Then, my old character dropped all her belongings on the floor. After leaving the game (but without closing the module... in other words, the game kept running), I re-entered it with my new character and picked all these items.

The problem is that this whole procedure was quite complicated and the guy who had suggested it to me, gave me some guidelines on how to use the DM client. Since I am not very good when it comes to computers, I cannot do this again without someone helping me.

Cheers.

The thing is that I don't remember how you actually transfer your items from the old character to the new one! I remember using the DM client and opening the module I had created. Then, my old character dropped all her belongings on the floor. After leaving the game (but without closing the module... in other words, the game kept running), I re-entered it with my new character and picked all these items.

The problem is that this whole procedure was quite complicated and the guy who had suggested it to me, gave me some guidelines on how to use the DM client. Since I am not very good when it comes to computers, I cannot do this again without someone helping me.

In the Hall of Fame there is a module called +Novice to Epic Character Maker- Experience, Gold, Equipment, and More! that will allow you to do the swap using a box (load the module with your character) and even create your other character (level up / down).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I got this answer from the BIO boards: sounds like a good idea to me!

"As for transferring, just load your game as a multiplayer game and drop all your items on the floor. Then save the game. Create a new character, fire up the game again and join with the new charactger. Pick up the items you dropped, then save the game again, load up as single player and away you go."

After trying the method I got from the BIOboards, I can now say that I effectively managed to transfer all my belongings to the new character!

thanks again for your help!

Who's everyone else? No one replays through the NWN OC.

NO ONE.

I did.

Oh, wait, do you mean right to the end?

OK, no then. I played Shadows of Whatever and Hordes of the Underdark through as a set about three times.

I made a really stupid Paladin once because I forgot to put any points into Discipline and he kept getting his sword knocked out of his hand, but a levelup sorted it out.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

"Who's everyone else? No one replays through the NWN OC.

NO ONE."

Hades has played it 3+ times.

"The only difference is what items you collect."

A flat out lie that anyone who has played the game knows is a flat out lie. Many, if not most quests have multiple solutions.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Who's everyone else? No one replays through the NWN OC.

NO ONE."

Hades has played it 3+ times.

"The only difference is what items you collect."

A flat out lie that anyone who has played the game knows is a flat out lie. Many, if not most quests have multiple solutions.

Indeed.

Try to kill Mephistopheles without getting his name... as a Wizard or Sorcerer. :lol: