Spidey 3: gets the black costume

kumquatq3

Well I think if I could get past Tobey McGuire's short limbs then I can also get past a man dressed as a rhino

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

My friend Sherman keeps telling me the Lizard is for sure in the film

In pre-lizard form perhaps? And he comes back in #4 all scaly and mean.

1 Bad guy with maybe 1 or 2 sidekicks is plenty in a movie. Otherwise you get Batman & Robin.

The Exception is X-Men but that #3 will suck popsicles.

I think Sasha Cohen would be a good villian. She's small, but has sharp teeth and angry feet

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

How are we suppose to know about that email from the link you posted?

You're just supposed to know, thats how ::runs off crying::

Ghaey!

Now THAT is what I call a constructive argument. <_<

OMG

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

The saturation is just really low, there is colour but only just. The site has a section speculating on who the potential baddies are due to all the fan gossip.

Agreed. there are a couple sentences under the pic where it says, "you may think you are looking at a black and white photo. Look closely, spider-man is wearing a black costume." or something like that. Wow, that is so unconvincing. that is like me saying, "you may think that God doesn't actually exist, but look around, you can see that God exists." that would not convince anyone who has doubts. stupid speculation site, like talking about K3 before it has even been announced :thumbsup:

I'm not even convinced it's a photo. Well ok, maybe it started as a photo, but...definitely graphically edited...and not a true black & white, nope.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well we see an armless doc connors in Spidey 2 but bad guys turning into big animals? Its kinda corny. Unfornuately thats the problem with most of Spidey's nemeses - Mysterio, Vultureman, The scorpion, Electro, The Shocker, Rhino.

None of which turned into big animals. I think of all of his villains only the Lizard and Puma turned into anything animal-like. Scorpion, Rhino, and Vulture all used suits. Mysterio, Electro, and Shocker weren't anything remotely animal-like.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The max I heard was six. Not sure if Toby's gonna be able to stick with it that long. As for the black suit, I admit I am surprised they decided to incorporate the symbiote so soon. But as Venom is my favorite Spidey villain, I'm not complaining. :devil:

symbiote? :)

Isn't Venom a bad spiderman?

Haven't read a spidey comic since 1979, so I'm a little out of the loop ...

Thats what he was created as I think. Its gotten wierd over the years with Eddie Brock's twisted sense of honour making Venom more of a Punisher type, being a hero that isn't against killing. Then Eddie finally rejecting the symbiote and it choosing Scorpion as its new host. Theres been a lot of evil spider-men in Marvel though. Venom, Doppelganger, Spidercide, etc.

This is why I like Ultimate Marvel. No 60 years of history rewriting itself. At least not yet.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Well we see an armless doc connors in Spidey 2 but bad guys turning into big animals? Its kinda corny. Unfornuately thats the problem with most of Spidey's nemeses - Mysterio, Vultureman, The scorpion, Electro, The Shocker, Rhino.

None of which turned into big animals. I think of all of his villains only the Lizard and Puma turned into anything animal-like. Scorpion, Rhino, and Vulture all used suits. Mysterio, Electro, and Shocker weren't anything remotely animal-like.

Sorry, I meant to say that the problem was that the villains are corny not that they are all animal derived.

EDIT: Oh yeah it most probably is a piece of CG artwork rather than a photo but thats not uncommon.

Edited by Surreptishus

Sorry, I meant to say that the problem was that the villains are corny not that they are all animal derived.

EDIT: Oh yeah it most probably is a piece of CG artwork rather than a photo but thats not uncommon.

Ahh, ok. I personally thought Mysterio was cool, the rest I agree are pretty lame. Though I do think Rhino would be a really cool throwaway villain to open up one of the movies. He's not the type of villain that needs much introduction or character development, so just open the movie with him rampaging and Spidey trying to stop him. Electro could be cool, just need to drop the suit. Shocker is lame no matter what.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I predict that what'serface dies in this one.

MJ? I know Gwen (Parker's first love) dies in the comics.

Yeah, by being thrown off a bridge by the Green Goblin. They went and wasted that by using MJ and giving it a happy ending. I think they need to do something ballsy and kill off MJ and have him end up with Gwen.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

Lots of talk about Venom in the trades. Here's a sampler.

Possible SPOILERS to follow:

Daily Variety, January 19, 2006

"BRYCE IS RIGHT FOR SPIDEY"

by Michael Fleming

Spider-Man's  got a new girlfriend.

Bryce Dallas Howard is in talks to join the Columbia Pictures tentpole

" Spider-Man  3," playing Gwen Stacy, who takes Mary Jane's place in Peter

Parker's heart.

Howard would join returning stars Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst and James

Franco, as well as new villains Thomas Haden Church, who'll reportedly play

Sandman, and Topher Grace, who's aboard as  Venom.

Sam Raimi is directing the script by Alvin Sargent, from a story by Raimi

and his brother Ivan. Filming gets under way this week. Laura Ziskin and

Marvel's Avi Arad are producing.

In the Spidey comicbooks, Gwen is a close pal of Mary Jane's who becomes

Parker's g.f., though she loathes  Spider-Man  because her police captain

father was killed during a skirmish between the wall crawler and Doctor

Octopus.  Since being tapped by director M. Night Shyamalan for the lead in

"The Village," Howard has done "Manderlay" and "As You Like It," and she

returned to star in the Shyamalan-directed "Lady in the Water" with Paul

Giamatti.

Calgary Sun, February 25, 2006

"SPIDEY'S DARK SIDE; NEW PHOTO REVEALS SEQUEL'S VILLAIN

By Sun Staff

Spider-Man has spun himself new threads.

The first official image of the web-slinger in next summer's  Spider-Man  3

was released by Sony Pictures yesterday, revealing the characteristically

red-and-blue-clad superhero perched atop a church in a  black costume.

For fans of the comic book, that means one thing -- the arrival of

hugely-popular adversary Venom. For non-comics fans, Venom's origins go

something like this:  Spider-Man  switched  costumes  in the 1980s, swapping his

traditional tights for a snazzy  black -and-white  outfit  that was later

revealed to be an evil alien parasite.

The creature then tried to possess  Spider Man's  alter-ego, Peter Parker.

Daily Star,  February 25, 2006

"SPIDER-MAN IS BLACK"

by PAUL MALLEY

SUPERHERO  Spider-Man  will swing back into action next year wearing a

sinister  BLACK suit.

The web-slinging crime fighter ditches his usual red and blue  costume  for

the third instalment of the box-office smash after it is shredded in battle.

A shadowy figure gives Spidey - played by Tobey Maguire, 30 - a

black  replacement that gives him new powers and responds to his thoughts. But

he soon discovers he has been set up as it is actually an alien creature

determined to take over his body.  Spider-Man's  enemy, reporter Eddie Broc

(Topher Grace, 27) uses it to become super-powered villain Venom.

An insider said: "Spider-Man realises the  costume  is trying to take

control of his body and it takes all his might to free himself."

Spider-Man 3, which also stars Kirsten Dunst, 23, is due for release next

year.

Edited by blue

An insider said: "Spider-Man realises the  costume  is trying to take

control of his body and it takes all his might to free himself."

No real point in seeing now :D

also, the girl playing gwen, imo, looks FANTASTIC for the role. Saw her on Leno iwth blond hair.