KotOR and Jade Empire

ok i have played both of these games and the characters are too much alike

(characters may be alike to more than one other char)

Exile-main char

Handmaiden-Dawn Star

Disciple-Zu

Bao-Dur-Chai Ka/Wild Flower

Atton-Sky

HK-47-Black Whirlwind

T3-M4-Henpecked Hou

Kreia-Master Li

G0-T0-Kang

Hanharr-Black Whirlwind

Mira-Silk Fox

Visas-Silk Fox

Sion-Death's Hand

Nihilus- the Emporer

also since the first kotor and jade empire were made by Bioware they both have some damn fork in the road

KotOR I-choice to remain in the light or join Bastila and fall to the Dark Side and kill your friends

Jade Empire-choice to either free Death's Hand and destroy the machine holding Water Dragon's body or make Death's Hand join you and bind your friends to your will then choose to poison the Dragon's corpse then kill your friends

i find it unusall that both games involve killing your friends if you go bad

hi.

I think your being a bit generous with your character comparrisons. Though Jade Empire is indeed much like KOTOR with different skins with the whole open palm closed fist / lightside darkside etc.

Deaths Hand always reminded me of Darth Vader.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Death's Hand was acutally very much a Darth Sion

Dunno the whole being crammed into a suit of armour is very Vader like. Him as the Hand of the Emporer is very Vader like too.

What exactly makes him like Darth Sion ?

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Death's Hand was acutally very much a Darth Sion

Dunno the whole being crammed into a suit of armour is very Vader like. Him as the Hand of the Emporer is very Vader like too.

What exactly makes him like Darth Sion ?

Well for one both Sion and Death's Hand are (by their characters) unstoppable

and their both the bosses before the final boss

hi.

Well for one both Sion and Death's Hand are (by their characters) unstoppable

and their both the bosses before the final boss

But Sions will keeps him alive where as Deaths hand is kept alive against his will.

Both being the last but one boss is kinda thin :rolleyes:

478327[/snapback]

Yas know, the original poster has a point that many of the characters were infact similiar in ways

but what the original poster misses is:

WHO CARES????

Compared to the other crap that passes today as a RPG, if Bioware wants to follow the same fomula over and over, all the power to them! At least the games are fun and enjoyable!

Im really hoping Bioware understands this for their Mass Effects game before they try and change the formula to much and end up with a Halo clone style game (time will tell).

If it aint broke, dont fix it!

Good words to live by!

I just think he's not being critical enough in comparing the characters. Dawn Star dosnt have a lot in common with Vissas. She's more an Imoen childhood friend type than a slave to the badguy who turns on her former master.

Mira and Silk Fox ? They dont have much in common either. If your using things like being the last but one boss as criteria, something pretty iffy.

478327[/snapback]

WHO CARES????

Compared to the other crap that passes today as a RPG, if Bioware wants to follow the same fomula over and over, all the power to them! At least the games are fun and enjoyable!

Im really hoping Bioware understands this for their Mass Effects game before they try and change the formula to much and end up with a Halo clone style game (time will tell).

Good words to live by!

Even then, it would only make sense if Bioware made both games!

WHO CARES????

Good words to live by!

Even then, it would only make sense if Bioware made both games!

errr Bioware did make Kotor 1 and JE.

Whats your point alan?

(not being rude here, you seriously lost me on comment?)