KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

No, my other idea. The one with the force anomaly.

Never really read it :">

"How about the game starts and you have no affinity to the force whatsoever but along the way you get caught in a special force anomaly, a zone of super concentrated force energy.

This energy is absorbed by your body and you become ultra powerful but the powers are chaotic and you can't wield them properly for a while, until you find a Master that will help you control your new powers.

So for a while in the game, you could have lighting bolts randomly shooting out of your fingers or force jumping for no reason or having dozens of people stunned around you from all the mind tricking.

And then you could have a choice of either trying to keep your powers under control until you find another Jedi (LS) or let them all out and indulge in some chaotic destruction (DS)"

:)

"How about the game starts and you have no affinity to the force whatsoever but along the way you get caught in a special force anomaly, a zone of super concentrated force energy.

This energy is absorbed by your body and you become ultra powerful but the powers are chaotic and you can't wield them properly for a while, until you find a Master that will help you control your new powers.

So for a while in the game, you could have lighting bolts randomly shooting out of your fingers or force jumping for no reason or having dozens of people stunned around you from all the mind tricking.

And then you could have a choice of either trying to keep your powers under control until you find another Jedi (LS) or let them all out and indulge in some chaotic destruction (DS)"

Well, actually then you are one of those "Reborns" or "Disciples of Ragnos", just like some of us have battled in Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy. I don't think that would be a good idea for a Kotor game.

Everyone would allready guess that the True Sith would find it too and O, yes, you will have to go up against an army of Dark force users.

Well, anyway, I think I will make a poll, like The Architect did about Revan and the Exile, I will make one about our preferred next character. We will see which is most popular. I'll post it tommorow I think.

Master Vandar lives!

Sounds kind of super hero like.

It's not my approval you need anyway :)

I know it's superhero-like, that's the idea.

The event happens in the Unknown region and the master in question is Revan. He helps you manage the force and when you are ready, he sends you out to stop the True Sith, which were too powerful for him.

Unfortunately there are other details in my story that I cannot reveal but I was looking for a way to meet Revan in the Unknown Region and a reason for him and the PC to stay together for a short while. He becomes kind of like Obi-Wan to the PC. Eventually their relationship would be similar to that of Ludo Kressh and Naga Sadow...

But I haven't setup the Anomaly yet.

And no, I don't need approval, just opinions. Thank you. :huh:

Edited by astr0creep

Well, actually then you are one of those "Reborns" or "Disciples of Ragnos", just like some of us have battled in Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy. I don't think that would be a good idea for a Kotor game.

Everyone would allready guess that the True Sith would find it too and O, yes, you will have to go up against an army of Dark force users.

Well, anyway, I think I will make a poll, like The Architect did about Revan and the Exile, I will make one about our preferred next character. We will see which is most popular. I'll post it tommorow I think.

No it's not Ragnos' septer that is converting people...

The Anomaly is in space. The PC finds a blackhole type thing and everybody believes Revan went through it. Turns out he didn't because it's not a blackhole but rather a gigantic ball of pure force energy that is drifting in space.

It was created in an event similar to Malachor V but bigger and in the Unknown Region, sucking up ALL the force energy from a specific part of those region, robbing the True Sith from their force power.

The Anomaly is in space. The PC finds a blackhole type thing and everybody believes Revan went through it. Turns out he didn't because it's not a blackhole but rather a gigantic ball of pure force energy that is drifting in space.

It was created in an event similar to Malachor V but bigger and in the Unknown Region, sucking up ALL the force energy from a specific part of those region, robbing the True Sith from their force power.

Well, okay. All I meant to say that whatever it is; Ragnos' scepter / valley of the jedi combined with artusian crystals. It has been done in two games. I wouldn't mind it but I think, because it has been done twice allready, the game wouldn't score so well. Just my idea.

But perhaps you could say if anyone else would be able to use the pure force energy or that it is you, the chosen one if I can say so, who was the only one who could use it and that the energy then dissappears (in your body)?

Master Vandar lives!

Well, okay. All I meant to say that whatever it is; Ragnos' scepter / valley of the jedi combined with artusian crystals. It has been done in two games. I wouldn't mind it but I think, because it has been done twice allready, the game wouldn't score so well. Just my idea.

But perhaps you could say if anyone else would be able to use the pure force energy or that it is you, the chosen one if I can say so, who was the only one who could use it and that the energy then dissappears (in your body)?

You know in Diablo2, the hero of D1 is roaming the land with this awesome power within him that he can barely control. That is kind of what I'm thinking of.

It's a seemingly random event that completely changes the life of one seemingly ordinary person.

I really hate "chosen one" storyline so I don't want that. Either it is truly random or it was meant for someone else, but this ordinary person is faced with it and must deal because it is irreversible. The PC essentially becomes infused with the force by accident, the complete opposite of the Exile.

hey guys im in a rush so sorry if some one already posted this idea but no time to read through all of the posts.

*snip*

yea not that great i know needs more work on the idea but ah well :D

naw, it's an interesting idea i guess, but there are many people who want a new playable character, as opposed to exile and/or revan again.

The idea also has the problem of KotOR2 ending with the Exile going off to find Revan...

The idea about how they would be different plot-lines is good, since many successful novels switch between plot-lines like that, and i am sure there could be many options upon confrontation, if you have none, one, the other, or both characters be DS.

Yes, I agree with that. I really think that in the "split party" bit of KotOR2, when the Exile and two companions go to Onderon to settle the royal coup and three other companions go to Freedon Nadd's tomb on Dxun, they should have cut between the two, so that it became more cinematic. Now sure it would work over the course of an entire game, though, or even how to implement it.

One tip for inserting ideas, is to space your post with paragraphs, since it seems easier to the brain to finish a small segment and be done, like a checkpoint.

Anyway, welcome to the forums i guess.

Yeah, from me too.

I'm also torn with what I want to do with Revan and Exile.

1. Prominently present throughout the game, as major NPCs but never playable in any way.

2. They died at the hands of the True Sith before the PC reaches the unknown Region.

3. One is Dark, one is Light and the game is about them facing each other with the PC caught in the middle and deciding of both their fate.

4. Often mention, never seen, much like Revan was in K2 by Kreia. Their fate remains unknown until the very final moments of the game.

1. Prominently present throughout the game, as major NPCs but never playable in any way.

2. They died at the hands of the True Sith before the PC reaches the unknown Region.

3. One is Dark, one is Light and the game is about them facing each other with the PC caught in the middle and deciding of both their fate.

4. Often mention, never seen, much like Revan was in K2 by Kreia. Their fate remains unknown until the very final moments of the game.

I would go for option 3.

In my story I made a reason to make Revan be LS for the duration of Kotor III (Even if he/she was DS in Kotor I) and make the Exile go DS (Also if he/she was LS in Kotor II)

Master Vandar lives!

The problem with being the child of Revan or Malak is that you have had to be born before the Mandalorian Wars, when they were both still jedi of the order.

True, we know that Jolee was married and that Nomi had a child and were allowed to stay in the order, but it seems that the order still frowns on jedi who have family or children. This is stated by Kreia as the reason for Arren Kae's exile (though I doubt that's the entire reason myself). Even so, Bastila tells in K1 that ties to family must be severed, once you join the order.

So the problem with being the child of Revan or Malak is that they were both described as ideal and iconic jedi right up until the point when they defied the council and left to fight in the war. If you "rewrite" their history by giving them children, then you mess with the idea of "corruption and fall of the perfect jedi"-motif that formed the basis of KotOR1. Messing with the past of established canon is always a bad idea - just look at Star Trek... :thumbsup:

Besides, if the purpose of being the child of Revan or Malak is simply to establish a motive for the character to be powerful, then I wouldn't want it anyway. Revan was power - the greatest and most powerful jedi of his time. Exile was not a great jedi, but he could deny the will of the force - a truly unique power. So we've already played the "chosen one" jedi twice in two games. Please no more. Revan is and should be the most powerful jedi, even in K3. The new pc should just be a jedi who "facilitates" Revan and Exile and let them end up fulfilling their destinies.

So I still think that if you're going to be the child of any established character in KotOR, then you should be the son or daughter of Saul Karath - secretly taken from Telos before it was bombed by your father and then raised on Coruscant to be hated universally, as the sins of the father were visited on the child. The jedi order took pity on you, though, and then discovered you were force sensitive. So will you be DS and take revenge against Revan and Carth for your father's fate, or will are you disgusted by your father...

I'd go for...

5. Both willingly fallen to the dark side to fight the true sith and now must be made to aid you and possibly redeemed, if the republic is to survive.

Well, it was sooner then I said before but here is another poll:

Who would you want to be in Kotor III:

:thumbsup: A Jedi padawan grown up on a Republic world *

[snip]

15) Other suggestions are welcome, please indicate on this topic or send me a PM and I will update the list.

The one's I marked with a * are one's where you could play as another species.

I'd go for 15 and be the child of Saul Karath. But otherwise 8 is not bad.

You could also be a force-sensitive orphan taken in and trained by the order, who turns out to be a mandalorian. I mean, have we seen a mandalorian jedi before?

I'd go for...

5. Both willingly fallen to the dark side to fight the true sith and now must be made to aid you and possibly redeemed, if the republic is to survive.

They are not that important in the grand scheme of things. Not more than Exar Kun or other major figures in the known SW history.

The Republic doesn't need them specifically to survive is what I mean.

I'd go for...

They are not that important in the grand scheme of things. Not more than Exar Kun or other major figures in the known SW history.

Well, I don't agree with you there... KotOR2 was all about finding out that Revan had *needed* to go off and fight the true Sith - possibly because nobody else could - and then following in his foodsteps, because he would somehow need the exile's aid. If they are not important, then the entire plot of KotOR2 becomes pointless... :-

I'd go for...

Well, I don't agree with you there... KotOR2 was all about finding out that Revan had *needed* to go off and fight the true Sith - possibly because nobody else could - and then following in his foodsteps, because he would somehow need the exile's aid. If they are not important, then the entire plot of KotOR2 becomes pointless... :-

I never said they weren't important at all. Read my post again. <_<

First of all thanks for your vote and input Jediphile.

5. Both willingly fallen to the dark side to fight the true sith

A comment I have about this is that I really don't like that: "the DS is more powerful, willingly falling to the DS to fight the true sith" Because, really, the DS isn't more powerful. The DS will only give you power to destroy things.

And the LS: It gives you power to protect yourself against anything (Force armour / Energy resistance and the universal powers like Force Immunity)

And Revan could win a battle against a 100 Dark Jedi / Sith soldiers and droids where the Dark side is very strong (the Star Forge).

Well, okay. Enough about DS / LS discussion.

About Revan and the Exile. I guess The Architects poll does show that the majority of us want to have them to be alive in Kotor III so they are very important.

About being Revan or Malak's son/daughter. I think the timeline would be like this:

7 years before Kotor I (I think) - Revan, Malak, the Exile and a lot of Jedi join the republic in the mandalorian wars.

4 years before Kotor I - The mandalorians were defeated. Revan and Malak will begin their search for the star forge

3 1/2 years before Kotor I - The Jedi Civil war. Telos is attacked by Darth Malak.

0 - Kotor I

1 year after Kotor I - Revan leaves for the unknown regions

5 years after Kotor I - Kotor II

So in theory, Revan or Malak's son / daughter could be about 11 years old by the events of Kotor II. Then, you could set Kotor III another 6 years later so Revan or Malak's son/ daughther would be about 17 years old.

I guess that's an acceptable age for our main character now, would it?

Maybe you could make him/her in the game a bit older like 21 after he/she get a long Jedi training.

Master Vandar lives!

So I still think that if you're going to be the child of any established character in KotOR, then you should be the son or daughter of Saul Karath - secretly taken from Telos before it was bombed by your father and then raised on Coruscant to be hated universally, as the sins of the father were visited on the child. The jedi order took pity on you, though, and then discovered you were force sensitive. So will you be DS and take revenge against Revan and Carth for your father's fate, or will are you disgusted by your father...

Well, I guess the story would be more difficult to build if Revan would be DS in Kotor I (you cannot avenge Carth as he is death). It's just not good to build more plots then one.

Master Vandar lives!

Concerning the timetable... from Wookieepedia

* 3,963 BBY

o The Mandalorian Wars begin. The Jedi Revan and Malak defy the Jedi Council and lead the Republic forces against the invaders.

* 3,960 BBY

o The Mandalorian Wars end. A Jedi serving Revan as general, later called the Exile, willfully severs all ties to the Force to end the pain caused by the thousands of deaths at the Battle of Malachor V. Revan and Malak disappear. The Exile is called to Coruscant to answer for defying the Jedi Council, and is banished upon the Council learning of the general's willful abandonment of the Force.

* 3,959 BBY

o Revan and Malak, who have been seduced by the Dark Side, declare war on the Republic. Only the Battle Meditation of Bastila Shan staves off certain defeat.

* 3,956 BBY

o The Jedi Civil War concludes with the redemption of Revan, the death of Malak, and the destruction of the Star Forge.

* 3,955 BBY

o Revan disappears into the Unknown Regions to destroy the ancient Sith Empire.

* 3,951 BBY

o The Exile is discovered aboard the Ebon Hawk, Revan's ship, by Darth Traya, a Sith Lord trying to kill the Force by manipulating the life-threatening echoes caused by the Exile's willing abandonment of it. The Exile reestablishes connection to the Force, then kills Darth Traya, Darth Nihilus, and Darth Sion, who have spent the last five years murdering Jedi, and the Jedi Order is rebuilt by the surviving Jedi. End of the Old Sith Wars.

* 3,950 BBY

o The Jedi Exile, along with T3-M4, disappears into the Unknown Regions to find Revan.

Well, I guess the story would be more difficult to build if Revan would be DS in Kotor I (you cannot avenge Carth as he is death). It's just not good to build more plots then one.

Carth could be dead, yes, but Darth Revan will be alive and will have been instrumental in Saul Karath's death regardless. I don't see a downside plotwise in this.