KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

hey guys im in a rush so sorry if some one already posted this idea but no time to read through all of the posts. i would like to have Revan and the Exile in the game with them both being powerful and you get them both as main characters goin off to different parts of the galalxies doin there parts and you go back and forth between them like after doin a big mission block for the game you switch to revan, or have them and one main character and to judge if they were femal/male light/dark you would tell sumone who asks you about them in the game so when u meet up with them to do there part of the game they will be the way u want them man/women light/dark

yea not that great i know needs more work on the idea but ah well :D

hey guys im in a rush so sorry if some one already posted this idea but no time to read through all of the posts.

*snip*

yea not that great i know needs more work on the idea but ah well :D

naw, it's an interesting idea i guess, but there are many people who want a new playable character, as opposed to exile and/or revan again.

The idea about how they would be different plot-lines is good, since many successful novels switch between plot-lines like that, and i am sure there could be many options upon confrontation, if you have none, one, the other, or both characters be DS.

One tip for inserting ideas, is to space your post with paragraphs, since it seems easier to the brain to finish a small segment and be done, like a checkpoint.

Anyway, welcome to the forums i guess.

Edited by Blank

Mmm.... I want to play as Kreia.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Guest The Architect
Hey, you forgot to explain R, Q, and P. That might be confusing to new readers (and even to those geezers among us, who forget...) :p

That's why I said to check my previous posts because I'm sick of repeating myself fifty million times but what happens is depending on what you vote for, that vote is put into a category, either P, Q or R.

P means that either Revan and/or the Exile are killed off or handled in such a way that they are not involved in K3 at all or they might be involved but do not make appearences at all...

Q results in somehow Revan and/or the Exile being the main character or a playable character in K3 with no new main character

R results in Revan and Exile making appearences and having them being involved in K3 somehow, but not as playable characters. There role may also be major or minor but the point is, they'd make an appearence in K3 but not be playable characters

Edited by The Architect

Guest The Architect

Table 1 Latest Poll Standings

K (34)

I (34)

F (15)

J (12)

A (7)

L (6)

H (4)

B (4)

N (3)

M (3)

D (2)

G (1)

C (1)

E (1)

Table 2 Latest Poll Standings

R) 65

Q) 47

P) 12

Maybe you're alright in saying that the most easiest way to design a possible KOTORIII is to create a new PC and having Revan and the exilant as NPC a major role in the game. Maybe the new PC, who is strong and new in the force could be the son/daughter of Revan? That would close a gap between the former games and the heros as well as the ability to use the force.

Guest The Architect
Maybe you're alright in saying that the most easiest way to design a possible KOTORIII is to create a new PC and having Revan and the exilant as NPC a major role in the game. Maybe the new PC, who is strong and new in the force could be the son/daughter of Revan? That would close a gap between the former games and the heros as well as the ability to use the force.

Well technically no. K3 should take place anywhere between 2 or 4 years after K2 but no longer. Revan and the Exile cannot stay in the unknown regions forever, unless they are dead, and the 'True Sith' cannot be ignored. I'm not a fan of the Revan son/daughter idea, there's just too many things that are wrong with that idea.

Well technically no. K3 should take place anywhere between 2 or 4 years after K2 but no longer. Revan and the Exile cannot stay in the unknown regions forever, unless they are dead, and the 'True Sith' cannot be ignored. I'm not a fan of the Revan son/daughter idea, there's just too many things that are wrong with that idea.

Well, they could stay there for some time. But I prefer that they will be part of K3 again. What things do you think are wrong with the Revan son/daughter idea?

IMO it would be quite strange to produce in every sequel a new super hero, who saves the galaxy. Thus, a family relationship between the new PC and Revan/exilant would explain why the new PC would be so strong in the force. I am not so happy with that solution either.

Guest The Architect
Well, they could stay there for some time. But I prefer that they will be part of K3 again. What things do you think are wrong with the Revan son/daughter idea?

IMO it would be quite strange to produce in every sequel a new super hero, who saves the galaxy. Thus, a family relationship between the new PC and Revan/exilant would explain why the new PC would be so strong in the force. I am not so happy with that solution either.

The problem is that this Revan son/daughter idea would mean that K3 would take place something like 18-25 years after K2 and so much would of happened in that time. You cannot just skip everything, and what would the storyline be? You'd think during all this time the 'True Sith' would of been destroyed right? There's just too much explaining to do and besides, I want to experience these 'upcoming' events, not be told what happened by some jackass historian, that is just boring and would suck.

If you're sick of repeating yourself, rather than vague directions to your past posts (of which you do have more than one), you should post a link to that post in your signature or something, so that it's easily accessed.

Guest The Architect
If you're sick of repeating yourself, rather than vague directions to your past posts (of which you do have more than one), you should post a link to that post in your signature or something, so that it's easily accessed.

Good idea.

Guest The Architect

How would you handle the fates of Revan and the Exile for K3?

A) Kill them both off

B) Play as Revan

C) Play as the Exile

D) Play half the game as the Exile, the other half as Revan

E) Limit them to minor cameo appearences

F) Both to make appearences but not be the main character or a party member

G) Don't kill them off, but don't make appearences either

H) Kill either Revan or the Exile off, but not both

I) Start as the Exile searching for Revan and when you find him/her, have them both as main characters with two different parties and ships

J) Having both Revan and the Exile as party members under a new main character

K) Give Revan and the Exile major roles, but not be the main character/s or PM's

L) Having Revan as the Main PC and the Exile as a party member with Revan...

M) Having the Exile as the Main PC and Revan as a party member with the Exile...

N) Go a new main character in K3, have the Exile join your party 2/3's into the game and have Revan join your party 3/4's into the game...

O) Set K3 anywhere between 50-500 years after K2, so that Revan and the Exile are only mentioned briefly in dialogue, but you would have an opportunity to say what they did depending on what there genders and alignments were

* You can vote for more than one letter but not the same letter twice...

* Vote counts are collected and updated from Obsidian, LucasArts and the IMDb Forums

Edited by The Architect

The problem is that this Revan son/daughter idea would mean that K3 would take place something like 18-25 years after K2 and so much would of happened in that time. You cannot just skip everything, and what would the storyline be? You'd think during all this time the 'True Sith' would of been destroyed right? There's just too much explaining to do and besides, I want to experience these 'upcoming' events, not be told what happened by some jackass historian, that is just boring and would suck.

I don't see such much problem in that. Revan is about 30 in K1. He/She is middle aged. Old enough to have children. The story can thus play 4-5 yrs after K2. Or the new PC could be a twin. There could be a connection between the Old Republic and the happening in the New Republik Luke/Leia (Maybe they're all far relatives). That's just an idea.

I just wanna mention that in every game a new super hero is quite unrealistic. Thus a connection with a former hero would explain why the new hero would be have such abilities.

Guest The Architect

Not really. Your new K3 main character can be a nobody and doesn't have to have a reason for being ultra powerful. Your new K3 main character might ask why he/she is considered so special and powerful and the answer from your master/s could simply be...

' Well, you possess something that many Jedi/Sith do not have at our academy and that simply is the ability to focus and pay careful attention to our teachings. Your power is not the result of a special gift or natural talent, it is the result of your hard work and determination.

Even the most gifted Jedi/Sith has trouble demonstrating his/her power if he/she does not listen to our advice and our teachings...'

That is all it takes...

Guest The Architect
]

Ha, of course. :( It's not beyond the pale for another force sensitive character to crop up though. I think especially for the time period involved.

Yeah, and who says your new K3 main character has to be some ultra talented special powerful dude, your power could simply result from the fact that you have a superior understanding of the force because you've studied things very hard such as galactic history and lightsaber fighting techniques.

You know how some people at school are 'naturally' smart and some are smart because they work very hard and focus, well your character might just be one of those hard-working intelligent people and not the ones that have 'natural' talent, if you know what I mean.

Edited by The Architect

You could be Revan's child if you are born during the Mandalorian Wars for example. It would take up the "revan lost his memory" strategy.

Personally, I think being another nobody would be all right IF you would be able to play as another species. I mean, a lot of people would like to have this option. Play as a Twilek, Zabrak, Cerean, Chiss, Cathar, Rodian?

One other idea I thought about is that you could play as the child of Darth Malak. It would make a good reason to want to avenge Revan for killing your father.

Master Vandar lives!

Hey I just had a flash of possible geniusness.

How about the game starts and you have no affinity to the force whatsoever but along the way you get caught in a special force anomaly, a zone of super concentrated force energy.

This energy is absorbed by your body and you become ultra powerful but the powers are chaotic and you can't wield them properly for a while, until you find a Master that will help you control your new powers.

So for a while in the game, you could have lighting bolts randomly shooting out of your fingers or force jumping for no reason or having dozens of people stunned around you from all the mind tricking.

And then you could have a choice of either trying to keep your powers under control until you find another Jedi (LS) or let them all out and indulge in some chaotic destruction (DS)

(w00t)

Guest The Architect
One other idea I thought about is that you could play as the child of Darth Malak. It would make a good reason to want to avenge Revan for killing your father.

Your a genius! Superb idea hawk...