Shiite shrine blown up

tic tac

Thanks.

Hum.... What IS a jibe?

Sort of like "taking a shot" at someone.

And this entire thing makes me wish, desperately, that Bush would just stand up during a meeting with one of these Arab leaders, grab him by the beard, and scream, "THIS WHOLE ORDEAL IS ****ING POINTLESS!" right in his face.

More and more, I'm starting to agree with some other members in thinking the idea of glassing the entire middle east isn't so bad of an idea.

Ask them to leave, and explain what will happen if they don't. If they won't leave their "holy sites" then we weed out the religious fanatics with a series of nuclear blasts, peppering the entire continent. :blink:

For god sakes, I'm kidding. :)

But really now, this is getting a bit out of hand. Well, it has been, just not this badly. What they need is five across the face...in bomb form...or to a much less suicidal degree, sanctions. Mass grave- er...sanctions. :ph34r:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

For god sakes, I'm kidding.  :) 

But really now, this is getting a bit out of hand. Well, it has been, just not this badly. What they need is five across the face...in bomb form...or to a much less suicidal degree, sanctions. Mass grave- er...sanctions.  :ph34r:

The problem is religion isnt rational. It dosnt much matter which one it is , but when your dealing with people who think their immortal soul is on the line your options are limited.

Really the only solution I see to the problems of the world right now is to disprove the existence of a higher being. That kind of cuts the nuts off religion.

Otherwise it's just a matter of when rather than if.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Civil War is inevitable.  George W. Bush is an idiot for not realizing that nothing breeds more hate than religion and their is quite a level of animosity between the Sunni and Shiites.

Bush is not an idiot.

He is a heartless, corrupted warmongerererer.

I would not be surprised to see him keep power by force once his term is up.

And then we will have WWIII.

(w00t)

Bush is an idiot. His cabinet pulls the strings, not him. He's just a figurehead who was chosen specifically for his idiocy.

And who pulls the strings of his cabinet?

The Saudis.

Sounds like someone takes Michael Moore a bit too seriously.

I don't know what these terrorists are thinking. Im hearing some theories that its all an american plot to get Sunnis to fight Shiites. Whether these are valid I have to say the terrorists are just idiots now, its not American vs nonamerican, its muslim vs other muslim. Its horrible.

Even im starting to worry. Im an arab, and I was in an airplane the other day with my sister when a small group of bearded turban wearing fundamentalist-looking arabs walk into the plane. My sister whispered into my ear "****, I hope they're not terrorists or anything." Yes, its that bad, that an arab muslim is afraid of other arabic muslims.

I don't know what these terrorists are thinking. Im hearing some theories that its all an american plot to get Sunnis to fight Shiites. Whether these are valid I have to say the terrorists are just idiots now, its not American vs nonamerican, its muslim vs other muslim. Its horrible.

Even im starting to worry. Im an arab, and I was in an airplane the other day with my sister when a small group of bearded turban wearing fundamentalist-looking arabs walk into the plane. My sister whispered into my ear "****, I hope they're not terrorists or anything." Yes, its that bad, that an arab muslim is afraid of other arabic muslims.

It'll only get worse before it gets better. The stereotyping right alongside the mindless killing.

What really puts things in perspective is this: if I said half the things I say here, or in my country, in that section of the world, I'd of been shot, tortured, or worse. For all the faults of the U.S. I can at least say I wont be gunned down in the street on my way to Wendy's for having dissenting religious views.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

It'll only get worse before it gets better. The stereotyping right alongside the mindless killing.

What really puts things in perspective is this: if I said half the things I say here, or in my country, in that section of the world, I'd of been shot, tortured, or worse. For all the faults of the U.S. I can at least say I wont be gunned down in the street on my way to Wendy's for having dissenting religious views.

For now.

Your freedoms are being eroded.

Eroded, yes, but not by my own doing. We're still a long way off from things like that...and I said it once, and I'll say it again, if it ever came to a point where something like I described would happen here, I'd be knocking on the white house door with an AK. >_<

Edited by LoneWolf16

- Everlast

I always find myself looking at Arabs or Muslims these days where as I used to just ignore them (like everyone else) but it's like your eye gets drawn to them automatically just to check if they are upto something.

Not sure if thats a good or bad thing to be honest.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

How can you think that that would be a good thing?

Because if my family are with me I'd rather notice something than not notice it.

I'm pretty happy that we don't carry guns as a rule over here though.

478327[/snapback]

Heck, before 9/11 I barely even knew what a Muslim was.

I did. I just never realised what nutjobs some of them were. I used to think nutjob christians were much worse since I actually knew a couple. But I only knew very moderate muslims (like with a small m).

478327[/snapback]

How can you think that that would be a good thing?

Because if my family are with me I'd rather notice something than not notice it.

I'm pretty happy that we don't carry guns as a rule over here though.

It's still a bad thing. The fact that you have to be worried because of your family's well being is always bad.

The only "good" thing would be if the world were in such a way that you wouldn't feel compelled to look at them.

I haven't read a single post (well, apart from Jimmy's, above, but that was because I couldn't avoid it when writing this fast reply) but I just wanted to say that, tic tac, I bet you've been waiting for months to be able to write that caption.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well, a true nutjob could make washing dishes sound controversial. :-"

False statement : In my restaurant, only Black People are made dish washers.

Is that controversial?

If it is false, then the controversy is in whether or not it is the truth. were it a true statement, the fact itself would have no controversy, as it would be true, but the act would be controversial, i.e. since it is discriminatory.

Lol, and the terrorists claim to be defending their faith. They're pulling off outrageous **** like this, killing their own innocent people and hoping the Americans get blamed. I don't doubt Sunnis being pissed at "Shiite security forces" is related.

Probably the funniest thing is that it's actually working both in Iraq and all over the world.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Lol, and the terrorists claim to be defending their faith.  They're pulling off outrageous **** like this, killing their own innocent people and hoping the Americans get blamed.  I don't doubt Sunnis being pissed at "Shiite security forces" is related.

Probably the funniest thing is that it's actually working both in Iraq and all over the world.

Sectarian violence is frequently the worst: slightly different interpretations cause fractious anger. Catholics and Protestants in the sixteenth century? Beruit was destroyed in a week by various sects in the 70s.

Savage stuff. :ph34r:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Plus there's the chuckleheads sabotaging utility generators and delivery and the US gets the blame because people don't have 24 hour access to them (worse than Saddam-era coverage, I'm sure) despite several countries spending resources to help rebuild infrastructure.

Spreading beauty with my katana.