Is a PST remake really that unfeasible?

Ginthaeriel

Online sales is going to change that, at least partially...

How so ?

Unless your refering to availability anyone who wants the game that much will still go to the store and get it.

Your still directly competing with whatever ever else is being released at the same time too.

direct online sales, whenever such thing becomes viable, will change the dynamic forever.

why is developers at mercy of publishers? developers spends years of effort to makes a game and then in a week the publisher manufactures and distributes and takes the lion's share of profits. why?

obsidian not got manufacturing facilities and they sure as hell not gots distibution resources needed to gets hudreds of thousands or millions of units to stores 'cross the world. obsidian, and other independent developers not got the capital needed to be real publishers. people act likes bioware is big, but they not got near 'nuff resources to honestly create their own manufacturing and distribution facillities... which is why they is trying so hard to push their downloadable nwn modules, 'cause such things is the forerunners of direct online game sales.

direct online sales of gaming software is gonna forever change the face of the industry... and we ain't being hyperbolic in the least.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

direct online sales, whenever such thing becomes viable, will change the dynamic forever.

why is developers at mercy of publishers?  developers spends years of effort to makes a game and then in a week the publisher manufactures and distributes and takes the lion's share of profits.  why?

obsidian not got manufacturing facilities and they sure as hell not gots distibution resources needed to gets hudreds of thousands or millions of units to stores 'cross the world.  obsidian, and other independent developers not got the capital needed to be real publishers.  people act likes bioware is big, but they not got near 'nuff resources to honestly create their own manufacturing and distribution facillities... which is why they is trying so hard to push their downloadable nwn modules, 'cause such things is the forerunners of direct online game sales.

direct online sales of gaming software is gonna forever change the face of the industry... and we ain't being hyperbolic in the least. 

HA! Good Fun!

I didnt know he was refering to that. I thought he just meant that online shopping had increased since the time of PST.

Quite likely it will. But its still going to be a while before it becomes the norm.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Gromnir is one smart cookie.

Why make a sequel to a game that didn't sell much and basically sucks? It would be a waste of time and money to make a PST sequel.

Hmm... why didn't you like PS:T, pray tell?

Boredom, as I recall.

:- That made me laugh.

Edit: I laughed because it was a Snappy Answer to a Stupid Question, just as if it Al Jaffee had jumped from the pages of MAD to entertain us on the forum.

Edited by metadigital

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

That and the setting sucks!  :-

The setting was aweome ;)

Denied! ;)

Are you two, like... the same person?

Twin sisters? :ph34r:

I've already noted before that Darque and Gabrielle are turning into a Dynamic Duo. Every once in a while there will be like 3 or 4 posts in a row by the two ladies just giving short replies to each other. Possibly only involving smilies. They also tend to agree a lot with each other.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I've already noted before that Darque and Gabrielle are turning into a Dynamic Duo. Every once in a while there will be like 3 or 4 posts in a row by the two ladies just giving short replies to each other. Possibly only involving smilies. They also tend to agree a lot with each other.

Yeah I've begun to picture them like an angel and a devil perched on someones shoulders. I'll leave it to you which is which :-

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Darque is the angel and Gabrielle is the devil. Someone that doesn't like PS:T is certainly the spawn of Satan.

Heja Sverige!!

:mellow:

Saw that coming a mile away.

Question: Why do you love smilies so much?

Heja Sverige!!

Darque is the angel and Gabrielle is the devil. Someone that doesn't like PS:T is certainly the spawn of Satan.

Gromnir is one smart cookie.

Why make a sequel to a game that didn't sell much and basically sucks? It would be a waste of time and money to make a PST sequel.

Hmm... why didn't you like PS:T, pray tell?

Boredom, as I recall.

:ermm:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

in life you can rarely sees the collapses before they happens... get caught off guard. not so with most obsidian threads... you can see exactly when and where they starts falling.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)