Is rap "music"?

thepixiesrock

I like anime. Particularly Ghost in the Shell, Ghost inthe Shell 2: Innocence, Akira, and Bubblegun Crisis (original and 2040).

The reason I like rap music is the themes that is often portrayed and the rhythm of the beat often coincide with my typing. As one of my friends noticed whenever I listen to music while typing I do so along with the beat of the music.

One reason why I like rap so much is that the beat makes you want to dance to it (assuming you know how).  You just can't boogie to classical, country or even rock, the same way you can to rap.  In this sense, rap is not only great to listen to , but unlike other genres, great to dance to as well. Such wonderful versatility that rap has! :blink:

true the wenches do clamor for dumps in the trunk :thumbsup:in house form i can listen to it but some of it that is popular is just crap (same for all genres).

it still comes down to the people who are the subject group of the music. for example most people hate emo because of the 16 yr pimple face greened hair dorks that listen to it.

It's probably music, I just hate it, too much attitude involved.

I never did understand why some folks found it good for dancin' though.

Also, I like some country music. Them rednecks do have a certain simplistic charm to them. :)

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I never did understand why some folks found it good for dancin' though.

That's because you don't have any rhythym.

Also, I like some country music. Them rednecks do have a certain simplistic charm to them.  :)

Country sux. Instead of a thread about TrueNeutral's inane vendetta against rap, I should start a thread about why country sucks soooooo bad. Soooooo bad.

image002.gifLancer

That's because you  don't have any rhythym.

Or because I think the music blows. Blows I tell ye, BLOWS! :angry:

Country sux. Instead of a thread about TrueNeutral's inane vendetta against rap, I should start a thread about why country sucks soooooo bad. Soooooo bad.

It's relaxing when you're out on the highway for a long drive, but I wouldn't listen to it in clubs or at home, lol.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Relaxing doesn't = car crash when I'm driving. But of course I haven't ever been in a car with you. :ph34r:

DENMARK!

Well just because I'm in the fifth gear and chilled out doesn't mean I'm unable to notice how other people are drivin'.

Btw. Rammstein + car + me = aggressive and

DENMARK!

I think the mass' decide what music is not one person or a certain few. And considering Rap is the most POPULAR at this present time, I believe that that in itself makes it music. Its definatly been twisted from what it once was to a now glorifying gun violence and treating women like ****, but at one point and in alot of rap now it is about getting a message accros. I enjoy rap alot, along with rock, metal, and some R&B but just because I don't like punk because all they do is yell doesn't mean its not music, or POP/punk because all they do is bitch doesn't mean its not music. If you don't like it don't listen to it. Simple.

Did you hear about the rose that grew

from a crack in the concrete?

Proving nature's law is wrong

it learned to walk with out having feet.

Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams,

it learned to breathe fresh air.

Long live the rose that grew from concrete

when no one else ever cared.

sounds like poetry to me

Did you hear about the rose that grew

from a crack in the concrete?

Proving nature's law is wrong

it learned to walk with out having feet.

Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams,

it learned to breathe fresh air.

Long live the rose that grew from concrete

when no one else ever cared.

sounds like poetry to me

its preception, when i think of rap i think of boondocks and thugin love and move your buttcheeks :lol: *funny show*

i mean i love guys like mos def, pharell, outkast, and nas

but then there is lil wayne, lil romeo, lil zane, and lil wtf>_<