Free uploading

Darque

If someone (we'll say, me) wanted to upload something on the web for others to access, how would I go about doing it?

I know there are places that host pictures, but what about larger files?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Larger files meaning media files? There's places that will let you upload those, but often they won't allow you to hotlink to them directly because of bandwidth issues. Plus there's usually size limits so anything really huge isn't allowed (a 60MB avi for example can bust bandwidth really fast if you hotlink in a busy gameforum, heh). Still, you can share their link and people can see it there or something.

Don't know of many myself tho...putfile is one. I'm sure there's better options than that.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

www.yousendit.com

be aware that a larger file can take a long time to upload if you are on an ADSL connection, 100MB took me a good 2 hours at least, and there is no way to really tell how much of the file has been sent or if it is still sending or timed out, other than my looking at your 'sent packets' for your internet connection. Still, easy and relatively reliable.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

There are a bunch of master file transfer clients that can be loaded to manage file xfers.

(HTTP 1.1 allows for picking up prematurely terminated transfers, whereas HTTP 1.0 doesn't, so check your browser's options to make sure of this too.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

www.filelodge.com

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.