T.O.M.B.S, vol 4

Surreptishus

Does anyone else live with a morbid fear of accidentally subjecting themselves to critical levels of brain damage when clicking on topics in the C&C forum, by accidentally selecting the "KotOR 3 suggestions" thread?

:ermm:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I took care of that problem. Just click on it once every 10 seconds, and then after a while you won't have to worry about being any less smarter.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I took care of that problem.  Just click on it once every 10 seconds, and then after a while you won't have to worry about being any less smarter.

So you are recommending the homeopathic remedy? But that could kill at high enough toxicities!

That was the first seven hundred pages. eventually I got sick of suggesting "writing" as the most important aspect of the game, with fifteen posts of "hooded robes". :ermm:

Still, I did have a memorable argument with Mr Paladin, about version 7 or 8 ... :D

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Can you thread a little lighter please?

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

What, you afraid to join the exclusive T.O.M.B.S. club?

Oh, I don't know, how about the one that is afraid to talk to us?

Because he isn't worthy, that's why not!

Or, you could do it.

You have all forgotten that the basic rule of TOMBS is that one does a review to get a review.

Forgotten so much, in fact, that now it is completely wrong: to avoid getting a review, just do a review of someone else!

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I intentionally undermined that rule because it's hard to do reviews. A lot of folks wouldn't do a review even though they desired one. We don't need a lot of folks to do reviews. Just enough to keep the reviews coming. ...And I've done my fair share, so someone else can do the next batch.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

For some reason, I thought that was quite funny. I started laughing and my wife and visiting sister asked me what the hell was happening.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The subject of this T.O.M.B.S. report is "the departure of EnderAndrew from the Obsidian Entertainment Forums"

{author's note: this is my first T.O.M.B.S. report. i would appreciate it if you would inform me of my mistakes so i can change them in the future.}

Report Statistics (lowest 0 - 5 highest):

• reporter's rookiness=5
  • longwindedness=3.5
  • reporter's infatuation with the character of DL=5
  • informative=3.5
  • annoying for reader to click on the numerous ill-formatted links=4
  • reporter's knowledge of the subject prior to research=1
  • reporter's knowledge of subject subsequent to research=4 (there are some cloudy spots for me still)

Okay, this report basically consists of posts i've found that illuminate the ordeal to someone who had never heard about it. For those of you that don't know, EnderAndrew has always been a big part of the forum until a few months ago. He headed many a PnP rpg and debated intelligently and tirelessly on certain subjects. sometimes though, he would let his opponent's arguments or flames get the best of him. sadly, i believe this led to his self-inflicted downfall on the forums here.

Authority's take on the episode-

(last post)

I rather respect that ender stood up for his convictions. But i personally disagree that the posts were racist. here is SS's explanation quoted by Wookiecookie which i agree with (thx to battlecookie we have a bunch of history that otherwise would have been deleted with the other threads):

(9th post from top)

Eldar on Christianity cites Ender-

here

Notice that Eldar, though he likes Ender, doesn't agree with the way Ender left. i, and i'm sure most everyone, is willing to accept him should he choose to come back. In the play Antigone (said Ant- ig- on- ee), the two sons of the king get into a war and both die. the king decides to honour the favoured son (ha, i'm american but i can still use the proper British spelling :) ) but to arbitrarily leave his unfavoured son to be carrion for the vultures. Antigone, the king's daughter, secretly goes to give honour to her disliked brother. when the king finds out that somebody did that, he decrees that the offender be killed. Obviously, he finds out it is Antigone but is too stubborn to change his law. However, Antigone's lover tries to persuade the king against being stiff-necked, since no one would fault him for realising that he made a wrong decision and then would be able to make amends. but the king would not have it, since he didn't want his word to be taken lightly, i.e. he didn't want to be wishy-washy. i am going to have to agree with Antigone's lover on this one, Ender, your decision to leave "the way you did" probably wasn't the best course of action. don't be too stubborn to miss out of coming back here with all of us wonderful people :p, DL included :blink:

Battlecookie reveals a complaint PM from Ender under his own freedom of information act.

(last post on page)

Judge Hades has some truth in this next post, but he doesn't forget to add his signature personal flaming. hades basically exterminated any chance that Ender may have listened to him by doing that.

(sixth post from bottom)

4th post from top, Schmarth gives his take on the event:

here.

i think i agree, schmarth. the mods said that they are just enforcing the rules, so Ender changed his resentment from the mods to the OE forums as a whole. he says in his sig that he won't participate in a forum that facilitates racism. racism? very arguable. worth leaving over? hardly.

8th post from bottom, Julianw sums up everyone else's criticisms of Ender's own criticisms:

here.

i finish with a post from our very own Darkside, who simply wants Ender to come back and return to his former self of logic and respectability: (second post)

does leaving the forum prove your point, ender? not really. does it remove some sympathy we may have given to your case? yes; you have forsaken us Ender, and it hurts.