OK, i got some of the music files to play in winamp. the sound effects, like the battle yells, still do not play even though ive converted them to m3p files. i can see them on the playlist, but whenever i play them it just skips over them to the next music file. also, i changed the music files of K1 to mp3 files also, (and yes i did copy and paste them in another folder) and all the files that start with al do not play. am i doing something wrong?

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

The streamsounds map is converted on an other way than the music and voices map. Both the WinAmp way and MILES do not work for me...

Anybody has any ideas as how to make these work?

And for Kotor1; Sorry... dunno. Kotor1's soundtrack was up on the internet (no longer) so I never bothered converting these files...

also, i changed the music files of K1 to mp3 files also, (and yes i did copy and paste them in another folder) and all the files that start with al do not play.  am i doing something wrong?

If you are, I am as well, because I've got the same problem. All the other ones play no problem, though.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

For those of you who dont like winamp, you can use media player classic. I was able to listen to all the conversation dialogues that were cut, including funny HK ones, without modifying anything :).

You can either just open the files in media player classicm or just open media player classic and drag the sound file onto it.

I have just tested files from the "StreamMusic" and "StreamVoice" folders and they work with MPC, however files from the "StreamSounds" dont seem to work from what ive tried.

If you want to play all the voice files in MPC, then just highlight all of the voice files and drag them onto a pre opened MPC, and viola, just listen away to all those dialogues.

Edited by aerowars617

You can get it from anywhere, just type Media Player Classic into a search engine, but for those who want a direct link, here ya go:

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_so...yer_classic.cfm

OR

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Vi...r-Win2kXP.shtml

OR

http://www.filehippo.com/download_media_player_classic/

These are in no particular order of preference, just different sources for MPC. But the good thing, at leats for 56kers is that its small, around 2MB :)

Edited by aerowars617

But then you have to listen to them 1-by-1 and keep on clicking.

With WinAmp you just load in 4000 lines and listen to them when browsing the forums...

I agree with that, as its annoying having to open them one by one, whereas you can put them on a playlist in winamp, making it easier to choose what you want to listen to, but MPC is just there if you want to listen to everything or you already know which files to open and just dont want the hastle of opening them one at a time. Its always fun to go through the whole lot (not in one sitting I might add!) as you might find something hilarious.

Edit: Sorry for the double post, but I had already posted the previous post before the others were displayed, and I wasnt sure if I could quote onto an existing post with the edit function.

Edited by aerowars617

Whats this eMule tool that everyone is talking about? i heard you can go there and listen to the K1 music, but they keep asking me to pay like $15 to download something.

huh? :)

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

Whats this eMule tool that everyone is talking about?  i heard you can go there and listen to the K1 music, but they keep asking me to pay like $15 to download something. 

huh? :)

It's not worth 15$ to hear sound clips...

Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

But then you have to listen to them 1-by-1 and keep on clicking.

With WinAmp you just load in 4000 lines and listen to them when browsing the forums...

Well, I've never felt a need to listen to them on a playlist, so I guess that explains why I look at it differently. I mean, the various soundfiles aren't exactly structured into a chronological order or indeed any sort of particular order, so jumping back and forth would seem inevitable to me in any event.

I do have and use Winamp - it's playing in the background as I type, actually - but renaming all those files just seems more trouble than it's worth, somehow...

ok i downloaded the miles sound studio and everytime i play a clip that did not work in winamp, such as the battle cries, i get static. i tried both the .wav and .mp3 versions and they both do this.

kotorsign.jpg