NWN2 is absolutely PC exclusive?

Blank

"The NWN OC on the other hand not so much."

Then why play it so much?

It'll be like continually playing POR2, or MW.

Does not compute.

P.S. Alanshu wins. :)

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Actually I have been mostly messing with the expansions and a few SP mods for the last week or so though i am getting bored with it. I need to find something else to play but I played all my other games to death already.

Edited by Judge Hades

Indeed. And if they would have read up about NWN before buying they would have known that it wouldn't be such a game as (for example) BG2. And thus the many people who though they would get such an experience thought wrong, but still bought it...

As alanschu has pointed out, that's downright silly.

I must be one of the few, the proud, the stupid. I bought NWN for the single player game. I "researched" it enough to see that it did, indeed, have a SP aspect to it. Excuse me for not spending hours online following its progress before deciding to buy it or not.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Personally I was significantly disappointed by the original NWN OC, but since the toolset was a large part of my reason for buying the game I didn't really regret the purchase (although I didn't like it enough to get the expansions). The primary things that generally contribute to my enjoyment of a game are interesting NPCs and a consistent, believable (I would say "realistic" but that doesn't really apply to a fantasy world, and some people, for reasons I've never comprehended, seem to associate it with simulated excretory functions of game characters) game world.

I personally thought the NPC interactions of the NWN OC were very weak compared to those of BG2 or Ps:T.

I also thought that there were way too many cases of gameplay mechanics that detracted from the consistency/believability of the setting rather than enhancing it, such as:

1) High level NPCs handing off the critical task of saving the city to a low level nobody.

2) Chests with healing potions and gems sitting undisturbed in a city full of starving, plague-ridden people.

3) Death/Respawn was handled way too casually without a good in-game explanation. I much preferred the BG way of handling death, and at least in Ps:T your immortality was closely tied in with the plot, rather than just tacked on as "by the way, If you die we'll just teleport you back to the temple and resurrect you."

Avoiding player frustration is a nice goal, but in my opinion a game mechanic that is blatantly added specifically for that purpose even when it doesn't make sense in the setting ends up doing more harm to my enjoyment of the game than most of the "frustrations" (such as having to reload when you die) that it's trying to eliminate. If it can be included without feeling "tacked on", that's fine, if not, leave it out.

-Kasoroth

Okay, so what would be the most effective way i would take to contact Atari regarding my desire for a NWN2 port to the 360? (or for all next-gen consoles, but for me the 360 at least).

Like, who should i e-mail to and what should i say? i never thought i'd say this, but, i need your guys' help.

Edited by Blank

Actually, the most effective way would probably be a written letter actually.

I would probably suggest doing both actually.

You can find some mailing address (and e-mail addresses) here.

Give the Product PR guys a try. If you can't decide which one, do all of them.