Bethesda + Their Games

Llyranor

They will do a great job, if not so, they would already released something with the name of Fallout,but they didn't. <_<

They let the time to make a great game, and they r in contact with most of the original game dev.-s. Not many other dev.-s novadays do that :)

So, as I said already: Give them a chance, if they do a nice Fallout with Oblivion graphs then you realize all, that its not so bad :D

IB1OsQq.png

Star Trek games have largely been a disappointment to date.  So, what's the fuss?

It will either:

1) be mediocre like the rest of the games in the franchise.

2) be good

I was just talking to a coworker the other day and we agreed that it would be nice to see a KOTOR-style RPG set a Star Trek setting.

Oh well, I hope they get this one right, even though it is not an RPG.  I'll wait for the reviews though.

(I'm not waiting for reviews to get Empire At War....that game is going to be awesome).

Oh, something about Star Trek :D

Again, we (Bethesda Softworks) are just publishing/QA'ing the games.

Ya from Bethesda? :)

IB1OsQq.png

Die slowly and painfully my child.  :)

So you'd rather the game fail than hope that it has a chance to actually live up to expectation and you'd enjoy it?

I won't enjoy it. It already failed when other people working on it, not in any way shape or form connected with the original devs.

Wouldn't KotOR 2 fall under that as well? :)

I won't enjoy it. It already failed when other people working on it, not in any way shape or form connected with the original devs.

Was the EXACT same development team in charge of both FO1 and FO2?

You seemed to enjoy both of those.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Die slowly and painfully my child.  :)

So you'd rather the game fail than hope that it has a chance to actually live up to expectation and you'd enjoy it?

Wouldn't KotOR 2 fall under that as well? :)

There's still a connection. LA still in control, Bioware loaning out the game engine and probably taking care of questions from Obs.

Fallout 3 has no such connections.

indeed, Shadowstrider is right on that point...

quote from article:

Star Trek: Legacy is being developed at the studios of Mad Doc Software,

creators of the highly successful and critically acclaimed Star Trek Armada II.

however, Bethesda leaves the door open with:

All I want out of Fallout 3 is a good story driven CRPG that uses the SPECIAL rules system, that lets me play in true turn base fashion at 3/4 camera angle, and stay s true to cannon Fallout as much as possible. That is it.

If they want to make it that the world is in full 3D which allows the player multiple camera angles and a real time option, then so be it. Just as the options I look for is there I'm happy.

Was the EXACT same development team in charge of both FO1 and FO2?

You seemed to enjoy both of those.

Tim Cain

Feargus Urquhart

Leonard Boyarsky

T-Ray Isaac

To name some.

indeed, Shadowstrider is right on that point...

quote from article:

Star Trek: Legacy is being developed at the studios of Mad Doc Software,

creators of the highly successful and critically acclaimed Star Trek Armada II.

however, Bethesda leaves the door open with:

IB1OsQq.png

Tim Cain

Feargus Urquhart

Leonard Boyarsky

T-Ray Isaac

To name some.

Name them all. Because 4 names don't make it the exact same development team.

Didn't MCA just write for FO2? So then he had no business writing because he didn't work on FO1, by your estimation?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The thing is, it wouldn't matter if the game was "good". Morrowind is "good". Oblivion will be "good" and win RPG of the Year from every magazine and website out there. Fallout 3 *will* probably be "good" too. But that doesn't mean much in this day and age. Hey, most people may like it, just not my type of games.

I didn't like Morrowind. To the point where that's pretty much the last Bethesda RPG product I'll ever buy. They may or may not make good games depending on who you ask, but I'm staying away from their RPGs. Fallout 3 will not be missed by me, just mocked relentlessly.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)