NHL

Fionavar

Hey , don't lump Alan in with my ****ty predictions. All that matters is we're going to the finals. To all the doubters and haters, you can lick my ass. Win or lose in the finals, at least we made it there. And hopefully we'll be rested and healthy.

Whooooo!!!! (w00t) (w00t)

Let's Go Oilers!!! Let's Go!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Good job, Oilers. You had to go blow another prediction of mine. LOLOLLIPOP

Now, all I need is Buffalo to win their series so I cna go 0-6 in predicting both Finalists' series on the way. :thumbsup:

R00fles! :D

P.S. Roloson is the Oiler MVP at this moment, imo. :ermm:

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I think you could argue Pronger or Roloson. But my darkhorse for the MVP is none other than Mr.Clutch himself Fernando Pisani.

So the Oil are 6-2 at home, and 6-3 on the road. That's a cool stat. Also interesting is I heard that the youtube link I posted the other day has hit nearly 75 thousand hits. :ph34r:

Oh yeah that, and we're going to the finals!! We're going to the finals!!! My gawd I think I'm so happy I could break out into the Carlton dance.

carlton7tt.gif

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Fernando is a darkhorse. But much like how Fedotenko didn't win it despite scoring tons of key goals for Tampa, I don't think Pisani will win.

Which he's ok with. He's already enjoyed adding a definition AND example of clutch in the dictionary. It's just baby steps for the former 7th round draft pick playing for the hometown team.

I guess my reasoning for 'Nando was Pronger should just be happy to make it to the finals after spending a decade in St.Louis and never making it there.

AS for Roloson there is no way we'll be able to sign him to an affordable contract if he wins the MVP. Of course as it stands right now I wonder if he'll be back next year at all. I can see some eastern team spending seven million on him right now based on his stellar playoff performance.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Depends a lot of what Roloson's state of mind is.

He's an older guy with a family, so a bit of stability might be valued a bit more. In any case, I'm hoping that there's some bias towards signing with Edmonton because of both the excellent playoff drive, as well as the opportunity Edmonton provided for Roloson. For the first time in his career, he was given the reigns to be the number 1 goaltender.

He got off to a shaky start (and the team wasn't playing too well in front of him either), but he's taken the bull by the horns now.

Don't you touch that bad boy, Gator!!

uno17xl.jpg

Now we need to feed Hemsky and Dvorak a lot of steak and pasta in the next week or so to get their weight back up for the finals. Although both of them must have read my post from the last game. :ph34r:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

You're right again, Alan. It was MAB who had lost a bunch of weight as well. DVO had the knee injury from the Sharks series.

And here's some interesting tidbits from the Oilers forum:

When Calgary loses in the finals, the Oilers win the cup a year later.

And then look at the history of the last four underdog teams in the finals:

Washington lost in four

Carolina lost in five

Anaheim lost in six

Calgary lost in seven

Maybe the underdog might win the cup this year. ;)"

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Just a question, where are the flashing Oiler girls? The Flames girls were pretty good, Edmonton needs to step it up.

Pronger is such a different player than the guy who played in St. Louis. He really is the best defenseman in the league at this point.

To be honest I was hoping Edmonton fans would be a little classier than their cousins in Calgary and not rip the joint up. But alcohol + idiots = fun times for the policia. And you can't just blame the young kids for it either. The photos coming back from Whyte ave. picture a fair number of dumbass (air quote) adults (/air quote) getting arrested as well.

Now as for actual hockey I'm glad the Oil are getting a break, but a week off could be a killer to a team that's been riding it's momentum for three straight series.

And I'm still a little torn as to who I want to see in the finals. Buffalo skates just as well as the Oil if not a touch better. That scares the **** out of me. And they are also like the Oil in that when they decide to feel like forechecking they can do wonders to opposition defence. The only thing that makes me want to see a matchup with them is that they are kind of going through some injuries, which could make things easier for Edmonton.

As for Carolina, they have a fair bit of balanced scoring and a pair of centers with tonnes of experience in Rod Brind'Amour and Doug Weight. Weight may not be as dominant as in the past but there is nothing like a trip to the finals to bring out the best in a player. Plus you add in Justin Williams and Eric-freaking-Staal and you've got a scary looking first line. I'd say the 'Canes are a lot slower than the Sabres, which Edmonton could exploit, but they play smarter hockey.

Either way I don't really care, I'm just glad my team is in the finals. The Oiler flags are flying on more and more car windows as the bandwagon reaches near capacity. Two more weeks of hockey. Two more weeks.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I like the looks of Buffalo's defense, as well as Carolina (from an Edmonton perspective). I think it's a wash either way, and naturally because I'm an Oilers fan, disagree with the media that feels the East is going to crush Edmonton.

Buffalo has some injury situations, which may be beneficial. I think that we are just as fast, as well as tougher, as the Sabres. They're my pick.