NHL

Fionavar

You know what makes me laugh? Fernando Pisani has more goals than both Danny Heatley and Alfreddson.

As for the Sens, did you really think this was the year they'd shake the playoff underacheiver tag? Anytime you sign Hasek to a contract you roll the dice. I wonder if GM JOhn Muckler is thinking he should have traded Alfreddson to the Thrashers instead of Hossa.

As for Heatley, I wouldn't be too hard on the kid. This was his first taste of the NHL postseason. He's got the mad skills and the attitude to learn, so I think next year he might make a lot more noise.

only eight more hours till game 5!! Let's Go Oilers!!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Now 30 seconds...

EDIT: Wow, not even a minute and a half in and a non-existant Goalie Interferance penalty is called on Peca. <_<

And Pisani strikes again 8:29 in!

Ha! Roloson is playing tennis. :-"

Edited by Deraldin

The calls are pretty tight in this game so far.  That's good, as that was the standard that was set in the beginning of the season.

I agree for the most part. A lot of the penalties were deserved with the exception of the goaltender interferance that I mentioned earlier. Edmonton has now taken 4 penalties... :-

EDIT: OMG ROLOSON! :)

He's okay... :)

Edited by Deraldin

It looks like the Sharks have the same discipline problems as the Oilers. And man did Toskals' save percentage get screwed.

That was a weird game. Don't get me wrong, I'll really thrilled that Edmonton won, however one player has me just shaking my head. Sergei Samsonov. I realize he's probably smaller than Bergeron, but he seems so useless with the puck. Last night he got a gimme, but tonight it seemed like every time he had possesion players were free at will to relieve him of that burden. And rookie Matt Greene has got to learn to get off the ice quicker.

But aside from that and the lack of shots from the Oilers it was a good night for most of the team. Mad props to Steve Staios for blocking a shot with his face, and to Fernando Pisani, who now has more goals than Heatley and Alfreddson combined.

Good god will Rexall be loud on Wednesday.

Lets Go Oilers

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

What scared me a little tonight was that Marcel Goc made us look silly in the faceoff circle. He was in the low seventies!! That's insane.

And I guess I shouldn't rag on Samsonov so much. He doesn't see any PK time, so his ice time has been dropping rapidly over the last two games. I guess it's harder to get in the flow when you don't skate.

Canes vs. Buffalo. That'a a hard pick. On one hand you've got the revitalized Chris Drury. In the other you have an ageless wonder in Rod Brind'Amour. And two rookie goalies. This series is going at least six games, I think.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

The Sharks have been horrid on face-offs for awhile. Goc was getting clobbered most of the series before the last game. I would actually say it's the weakest part of their game. When they win face-offs, it's a lot harder to take the puck from them. But they have a lot of young centers, and when you look at the best face-off men in the league, they tend to be older. I think it's definitely an experience issue.

Heh, prior to the last game, Goc was like 28% in the faceoff circle.

Though I wouldn't consider Edmonton to be an older team, especially down the middle.

Edited by alanschu

Last night I was lacing up my new skates and I tore up my fingers. It's really odd, I was just pulling on them, and suddenly I see blood. Anyways, I injured the finger I scroll the mouse with, and it's bugging me.