NHL

Fionavar

Gaaaa!!!

I listened to it on the radio. I went from utter exultation to an absolute emotional low in 4 minutes. It sounded like an awesome game though. I'm starting to doubt the Sharks will make it, and even if they do, I don't think they'll go far because they can't seem to hold on to the important leads. Ok, enough of my pity party :blink:

Don't complain until you become a Leaf fan! I'm not sure I can even count the number of times my team has lost this season. And we're facing Ottawa again tonight (although it's 0-0 at the time of writing *holds thumb*).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I wonder if there will be any big trades before the March 9th deadline. The Oil are rumored to be interested in Curtis Joseph, but I can't really see the point of spending coin on an old goalie.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Have you seen our goaltending????

At least we made it past 5 shots without a goal last game....with the goalie we put on waivers....

Considering it's probably not impossible to get Joseph for the equivalent of a bag of pucks, I'm all for it.

Meh, I think Joseph has been much more consistent this year than any of our three headed monster. He'd also have the benefit of playing behind one of the best shot blocking teams in the league. Though maybe he doesn't thrive in that situation.

I remember listening to people bitch about how he was underperforming and whatnot.

He has really come on as of late....11 points in his last 11 games, now 13 in his last 12!

I also loved all the people that complained about Horcoff being in the #1 spot. A PPG isn't too shabby at all.

And Rem Murray's an Oiler again.

Edited by alanschu

I'm just glad he didn't break his neck at the Olympics. And if you notice young Mr. Horcoff is currently in the top 25 in NHL scoring. :ph34r:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I can't understand how Pronger can change from being a star in the NHL to a complete hog on big ice..? It's not that much of a difference.

I didn't see the games so I can't really comment ;)

People do go through slumps. I think Pronger looks slower than he actually is because he's so big though.

Of course, maybe he actually was dogging it in the Olympics. A lot of people felt that Canada didn't play with much heart at all. He is also playing on a broken foot.

Rangers better win tonight to stop their HORRIBLE losing streak! FINALLY, they'll do something smart, and play THE BEST GOALIE IN HOCKEY (possibly barring the now Olympic cripped Hasek)!

That is all.

P.S. The Kanandian (or US) team didn't dog it at the Olympics. They simply weren't the best teams this years. People should just brealize that upwards of 6 countries are legimiate gold medal contenders in hockey.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

When Russia beat Canada in the Olympics, Malkin and Ovechkin were skating circles around Pronger. Literally. I'm quite used to watching big players (Antropov, Sundin, Lindros, Allison) so I know that big players appear to be moving slower than the small guys even when they're going the same speed, but Pronger really was slow.

Perhaps Malkin and Ovechkin are really fast :shifty:

It does seem wierd that he'd go from being a premier defensemen to getting skated circles around though. Maybe it was all just part of the chemistry (or lack thereof) and it made him hesitant or something :\

Oh, and Allison IS slow :(

Edited by alanschu

Pronger plays more of a positional defense than skating around like a monkey. That's what MAB is for , Alan. :-" That being said, he isn't the fastest or best skater in the world, so I wasn't completely suprised when opposing players were making him look bad during the Olympics.

How much wider is Olympic ice than the NHL sheets? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Man, Dallas really put it to the Blackhawks last night, like a gay bat. They womped then so bad I think it broke the scoreboard on my homepage. >_<

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

The poor Hawks. Even their GM said on the record that he made a mistake with the free agents he signed before the season started. But then again they were lit up by Dallas, who have quietly become one of the hottest teams in the west right now.

PS: Hi Jags!!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

There are heavy trade rumours swirling around Bryan McCabe at the moment. Oh yeah, it would be a clever move to trade away the only light in the (seemingly) eternal darkness that is the Toronto Maple Leafs defence..

I really hope these rumours are untrue. Of course, they're also talking about trading Sundin for Datsyuk.. That would be something.