NHL

Fionavar

#1:  Erik Johnson

2-5 are a tossup between Toews, Kessel, Backstrom, and Staal.  After that, I'm not so sure.

The initial prognosis is that this draft isn't particularly deep.  Though drafts are a crapshoot anyways, so we won't really know for a few years.

Everyone is apparently saying that the top 12 are good prospects but there is a steep drop in quality after that.

TSN's Top 30

Well Chicago will draft 3rd I believe, my guess is either Staal or Toews. The problem is that Chicago has a win now attitude, but not the player and Khabibulin's contract is such a burden.

Of course if Ruutu and Daze can make it back who knows.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I'm thinking either Backstrom or Toews, but I could see them trading the pick, I get the impression they think they can win next year if they can get someone on the crosby line.

I never got to see Crosby play that much this year, but I heard the words "soft" alot, what do you guys think?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Who do you think Pittsburgh goes for?

I'd like to say Staal as he's the only one that I've actually seen play (guess where I live. :-" ). Put him on a line with Crosby. Staal is a big guy that should be able to keep the other teams bigger players off Crosby and is also pretty good in the defensive zone.

I actually think he's very strong on the puck. I didn't see him a whole lot either though....some feel he has a tendency to dive though. He certainly got a reputation for being a bit of a whiner too.

All in all he has sick skills though.

Watching his brother win the Cup will probably help Jordan Staal's stock.

I'm watching the NHL awards show. It's painful. They should have made the Mad TV guy the MC. Hockey players need public speaking course. I like the whole humble thing, but it wouldn't kill them to crack a joke. Daryl Sutter was the most entertaining so far.

Edit: Thornton takes the MVP! Sweet!

Edited by Hurlshot

Stupid Writers' Association! Idiots don't know the TRUE MVP if they got hit by him in the face!

LONG LIVE THE NHL PLAYERS WHO ARE SMARTER!!!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

nope, even with the dreaded "East Coast Bias"

The Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy for perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey went to Anaheim star Teemu Selanne.

Selanne? Selanne got the Masterton Trophy? What did he do to deserve it? <_<

"even with the dreaded "East Coast Bias"

A myth if there ever was one.

But, hey, I guess the players chose Jagr because the players have an 'east coast bias'.

R00fles!

I believe there is a bias with Eastcoast writer, just like there a bias with Westcoast writers. People naturally think more of the players they see all the time. Really its only those teams in the middle that get screwed.

The Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy for perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey went to Anaheim star Teemu Selanne.

Selanne? Selanne got the Masterton Trophy? What did he do to deserve it? <_<

IIRC he did bounce back from some serious knee injuries and had a pretty solid year.

If it was done after the playoffs, Rem Murray would have got it IMO.

And it turns out Ovechkin will be the coverboy for this years round of EA NHL games.

As for the awards...meh. I don't really see why the playoffs don't count.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

"As for the awards...meh. I don't really see why the playoffs don't count."

This has been discussed before, and the answer should be obvious. The awards are for the regular season. The play off are seperate. This is why there's a seperate MVP for regualr season, and play offs. It is illogical to count play offs.

And it turns out Ovechkin will be the coverboy for this years round of EA NHL games.

As for the awards...meh.  I don't really see why the playoffs don't count.

Isn't there also an alternate cover with Thorton as well? :-

Havlat wants one year deal. What do you guys think? He getting ready to bail? Who would you trade him for?

Edited by Deraldin

Haha! Edmonton can't even keep their best players happy even during a Stanly Cup run! And, it's obviously, likely not a money issue either. Haha!

"so I don't know what reasons he would have for changing that."

According to the story, this is something -whatever it is - that has been bothering him throughout the season. It would have to be something major, I think considering the playoff success. The Oilers would have almost zero chance to redo this next year without him. Though, of course, the Oilers have him by the ballz contract wise.. still, it's no good to keep a guy who doesn't want to play for you. That simply spells disaster.

Edited by Volourn

From what I've been reading on the 'net apparantley his wife doesn't like Edmonton. Alan go take her some cookies or something.

Personally I can't see why he'd want to leave. He gets as many minutes as he wants in a game, plays in all situations, and just made it to his first Stanley Cup final.

With my luck he'll be signed by Toronto or Minnesota.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Havlat wants one year deal. What do you guys think? He getting ready to bail? Who would you trade him for?

Hmm, you know, the Sharks are looking for someone to complete the Thornton-Cheechoo line. Ron Wilson came out and made it pretty clear that Nils Ekman is losing his spot. I would LOVE to see Havlat take that spot.

Hey Volo why don't you edit your post a few more times.

As for Pronger, if he wants out, let him go ( although night in and night out he was hands down Edmontons' best player last year). Ship him to Ottawa for Wade Redden. His family lives three or four hours away, so hopefully Edmonton won't be such a drag for his old lady.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif