NHL

Fionavar

Thank gawd the matchup is finally set. The Carolford Huricalers versus the Edmonton Oilers for the big big big prize. I was on the Hurricane bandwagon a few years ago when they lost to Detroit, but this time around I know where my heart lies.

I'll admit I was kind of hoping for Buffalo to pull through, but the current matchup suits me fine. It's just too bad that Doug Weight will have to see his former team hoist the cup without him.

Let's Go Oilers!!! Let's Go!!

edit: and the 'Canes also have hawt cheerleaders!!

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

It's pretty amazing that the Hurricanes have been to the Finals twice in the last few years, and both teams were relatively unknown going into the season. Also, they've had huge roster changes. It should be a good match up though.

Sorry Volourn, but I have to say Oilers in 6. It took the Hurricanes 7 games to beat an injury riddled Buffalo that was missing more than half of it's vetern defencemen not tomention one of the top scorers. They won't have the same luck against Oilers.

On a side note, Maggie was the only one to pick Edmonton and Carolina to go on to the next round. All the other experts picked Buffalo and Anaheim. :D

Monday is a busy day...

I have to finish my power point presentation, preferably in the next two hours before my dad wakes up to catch his ride to the airport at 5am.

I have to present said presentation at noon today.

I have a driving lesson right after school.

I have a martial arts lesson right after my driving lesson.

The Oilers game will have been going for half an hour by the time I get back from that.

I have to accomplish all of this on the four hours of sleep that I managed to get last night and no sleep tonight till I finish my presentation. I might have to skip my final class in order to get some sleep before my driving lesson...

So very tired, but I still can't wait for that oilers game to start!

You know, if Edmonton can contain the 'Canes like they did for the first half of the game, they might still have a shot.

And talk abouy ****ty luck for Roloson. :( Better luck next year!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

My heart goes out to poor Roloson. He was playing like he wanted to win a Stanley Cup, and won't have a chance to be the one that wins it on the ice.

I still think the Oilers have a chance. The odds are lessened, but maybe we'll get lucky and the team will come out like gangbusters, and whoever plays in net will play like they have something to prove (since they do).

It's hard trying to stay optimisitic. :(

I went to bed with the score 3-1 think Edmonton was pretty safe.

Hell, When the Oil went up three nothing I was going to post that this game was ours. I'm glad I didn't.

I was just out doing some errands and everyone I ran into said 'This series is over'. You know what? **** them!!

This could be a defining moment for the team. Rally back from losing your hot **** goalie, why don't you?

Ah well at least the bandwagon isn't quite so full today... :lol:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

You know, for a good part of the day I convinced myself that Rollie wasn't that hurt, and there was hope he might come back later in the series. Unfortunately, his press conference this afternoon today squashed that hope.

Ah well, I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank mr. Roloson for his contributions to the team this post season. You go, girlfriend!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I spent the good part of the deal realizing the the Oilers have found ways to win all freaking playoffs.

Roloson didn't particularly play a great game, and we still only lost by 1 goal (and at one point had a 3-0 lead). It's not like we're winless with Conkkanen in net. Heck, we ran off 5 in a row to counter that 7 game losing streak.

This is big opportunity for someone like Conklin to make a bid for a contract to play somewhere.

Screw Conklin. I want Jussi rebounds in net.

Either way I'm trying to erase the memories of Conklin handling the puck during the regular season, and Jussi allowing goals that wouldn't go through in the minors.

Maybe we'll just have to score eight goals or so per game to keep winning.

I Still Believe

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif