NHL

Fionavar

Canada is laying the smack down in women's hockey. First the 16-0 win over Italy, then the 12-0 win over Russia. I think we pretty much have that one clinched. Mens hockey I'm not so confident though. Women's hockey isn't that new in Canada, but the rest of the world I think its pretty new, while Mens theres always some stiff competition.

For women's hockey it'll be USA vs Canada again. They're the only two powerful teams IMO.

For Men's hockey, my picks for Gold are Canada, Czech Republic, and Russia.

Same... Even with it sstupid shootout; it's 1 million x better than the silly 160-0, and 12-0 games we're getting now. of course, the Men's Side won't be as lopsided but we're boujnd to see some horrible, horrible games until the Final 4 (Final 6)...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I miss the NHL too, but only until the Olympic men's hockey starts. I hate when there's NO hockey at all.

By the way: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10625&hubname=

Surprisingly much like my top picks (and even the motivations) although they placed Sweden even higher than myself. They must not have known about all the injuries (Forsberg, N

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I cna't believe Slovakia, and Finland are rated so high. That's just plain silly.

As for Sweden, I forgot they have Lundqvist so I should be a little easier on them. They *actually* do have a worthwhile goaltender now to match their skaters' skill.

I think the Russians will be playing Nabokov in goal during the Olympics.  I'm hoping that playing will help him remember how to be dominant.  Then maybe he'll be good again, he's absolutely depressed me this year.

The Russian should score but I don't think they will be playing like the old Red Army anytime soon..

Stupid animal fans. Cheering for violence. Just as bad as those cheering on the rioting anti cartoonists. I hate fighting in hockey. It ruins the sport, and has forever. Every time I see a hockey fight start I roll my eyes. :p

I watch hockey for the skill, the speed, the passing, the gaols, the saves, and the drama of cheering for ones' favorite teams and players.

If I wanna watch violent sports, I'll watch boxing thank you very much.

And, I don't turn my head, I just roll my eyes. Fighting adds nothing positive to the game, imo, and yes, I know my fellow Kanadian Barbarians disagree.

I mean, they should allow people to fight in football, baseball, and basketball. LOL Hockey is the only professional sport that allows fighting to take place (not coutning stuff like boxing where fighting is the whole point of it :D ).

Such a garbage aspect of the otherwise great sport (even if it now has lameo shoot outs).

Hitting is part of the actual game, while fighting is most definitely not. When a fight starts, the whistle blows and play stops. That means it really isn't part of the game. I play hockey in an adult league, and there is no fighting allowed. Occassionally fisticuffs will break out, but it's broken up quickly. It would not hurt pro hockey to do the same.

Hitting is a big part of the game. It's a physical sport. Players are skating very quickly and there are bound to be collisions. Coming out on top of those collisions is an important skill in the NHL. A teeth rattling hip check or run into the boards is entirely different than a fight.

I do think fights will eventually be phased out of hockey. They are way less common in the junior leagues, and I believe they are way down in the NHL. The bruisers are more of a liability in the new NHL.

GO SWEDEN! What an awesome win in the womens semifinal! Who would have thought that before the game?! NOONE!

We're in the finals! WOO!!

Edit: I'm drunk, my girlfriend tyrned 23 tonite and I spell like sh!te.

Edited by mkreku

Wow. Switzerland has now beaten both of my top picks for the gold before the tournament started (Canada and the Czech's). Impressive.

GO SWEDEN! What an awesome win in the womens semifinal! Who would have thought that before the game?! NOONE!

We're in the finals! WOO!!

Edit: I'm drunk, my girlfriend tyrned 23 tonite and I spell like sh!te.

At least you misspelled "turned" with an adjacent letter. I've seen people claim to be drunk which is why they were typing horribly...and they were slurring their S's.

You don't type "sh" instead of "s" when drunk.

Who the hell is Paul DiPetrio?

Someone I believe born and raised in Quebec, and moved to Switzerland to play in their elite league because he couldn't make it in the NHL.

Edit: Nope, born and raised in Ontario.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg