Best of infinitity.

Gorgon

Watcher's was wayy more challenging. Durlag's had only one tough battle.

...really???...an' which "battle" in Watcher's was e'en the least bit challengin', dwarf???...Demogorgon???...pleeze; he was so damnably neutered, I's surprised he didna have a Soprano-pitched voice-o'er...a fricken demon prince an' he couldna e'en last a couple o' combat rounds...Watcher's was the warehouse for the "Let's Make A Deal BIOw**nian Style" roadshow... <_<

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

"How the hell was it more challenging when you could leave the dungeon with ease at any time you want?"

You can pretty much do that in Durlag's except the one area after the Psycho Dwarfs.

"really???...an' which "battle" in Watcher's was e'en the least bit challengin', dwarf???...Demogorgon???...pleeze; he was so damnably neutered, I's surprised he didna have a Soprano-pitched voice-o'er...a fricken demon prince an' he couldna e'en last a couple o' combat rounds...Watcher's was the warehouse for the "Let's Make A Deal BIOw**nian Style" roadshow..."

He was more challenging than the stupid Durlag boss and his lame fireballs. L0LLERS!

"Watcher's was a cakewalk"

So how much did you die? Lots most likely. People have a real weird definition of 'cakewalk', and 'easy' it seems.

"But Durlags was cooler though"

It was a dwarven keep so of course it was. :cool: Then agan, Helm is cool too so Watcher's earned bonus points too.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

So how much did you die? Lots most likely. People have a real weird definition of 'hard' it seems.

I don't recall dying. But at that point when I visited the tower I was a high level party, whereas I think I went to Durlag's tower much too early in the game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

"No, you have to wlak a long ways out to leave Durlag's while all you need to do is step through a portal on Watcher's Keep and poof you are outside the keep."

And? All enemies are dead so its just tedious walking back and forth. Great fun, indeed! Not to mention the one portal as well.

Plus, it was explivitly explained *why* Watcher's Keep had multiple entracnes. It's a part of its history and background as Helm designed it for a reason. :)

"But at that point when I visited the tower I was a high level party"

What do you mean by 'high level'? You start TOB at around level 20. And if you didn't die even concem you were likely one of the very few. That still doesn't mean it was easy.

Edited by Volourn

No, you have to wlak a long ways out to leave Durlag's while all you need to do is step through a portal on Watcher's Keep and poof you are outside the keep.  I never finished Watcher's Keep.  I got too bored with it.

If it was possible to walk all the way back to the beginning without facing any conflict to get back to the beginning, then all they did was save people the tedium of walking all the way back when they implemented the portal.

"What do you mean by 'high level'? You start TOB at around level 20. And if you didn't die even concem you were likely one of the very few. That still doesn't mean it was easy.

I meant in comparison to my party's level when I tried to take on Durlag's tower.

I probably did die, to be honest. All I remember is it wasn't that tough. Atleast not in comparison to any trouble I had with Durlag's tower.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

"How the hell was it more challenging when you could leave the dungeon with ease at any time you want?"

You can pretty much do that in Durlag's except the one area after the Psycho Dwarfs.

"really???...an' which "battle" in Watcher's was e'en the least bit challengin', dwarf???...Demogorgon???...pleeze; he was so damnably neutered, I's surprised he didna have a Soprano-pitched voice-o'er...a fricken demon prince an' he couldna e'en last a couple o' combat rounds...Watcher's was the warehouse for the "Let's Make A Deal BIOw**nian Style" roadshow..."

He was more challenging than the stupid Durlag boss and his lame fireballs. L0LLERS!

So how much did you die? Lots most likely. People have a real weird definition of 'cakewalk', and 'easy' it seems.

"But Durlags was cooler though"

It was a dwarven keep so of course it was. :cool:  Then agan, Helm is cool too so Watcher's earned bonus points too.

...ye gotta be on crack, dwarf...ne'er died in Watcher's once; at none to high o' a level, either; hit it jus' after layin' Yaga Shura low...Durlag's, on the other hand, gave me fits...Durlag's be harder, cooler, an' fit inta the game better... <_<

Die?

you can actually die there?

The keep had no real challenge... most of the answers to all the problems were handed to you.

Maybe my playstyle just favored it...

Maybe my playstyle just favored it...

...yea, mine too...it be called "playin' wit' yer eyes open"... :o

Nah, that was Durlag's save one battle.

I'm sure you guys died. Aftewrall, if you find the Fireball R00flers challenging you'd likely find anything hard.

Hahahaha!!