NWN2 Release Date: One Step Closer

Volourn

"Something that should have happened to K2, but a certain company said release it now."

Hialriously enough, KOTOR2 came out about the time it was originally scheduled to come out - around Christmas time.

R00fles! :D

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It wouldn't have changed its fundamental weaknesses nor made worse its strengths... The quality would ahve remained the same. It *might* have been less buggy; but I have my doubts on that...

This just goes to show making games for other companies has some serious risks  <_<

A plus side to someone like Bioware, where they have the stroke. A small company like Obs doesn't have that leverage yet.

If Obsidz makes good with NWN2 I'm thinking they'll be able to :)

I don't. Two games under their belt may not do it. A couple more that are succesful would.

People tend to forget that BIo wasn't always a jauggernaut.. They earned that the old fashion hardway... just like Obsidian will have to. Mind you, they were given an easier oppurtunity to do it than BIO was when they first broke in simply because Obsidian's founders once worked for failed company in the past.

P.S. Some BIS games are in my top 5 faves so don't call me a BIS/Obsidian Hater, please. :)"

"don't. Two games under their belt may not do it. A couple more that are succesful would."

It took BIo two games to hit it big. Why can't Obsidian do the same when they were giftwrapped guaranteed million copies sellers? Espicially since it seesm Obsidian seems to expanding at a fast pace.

Edited by Volourn

I think that Bioreached Juggernaut status around ToB was released and NWN was on its way. Man, NWN had some serious design flaws but they have improved since then. Hopefully Obsidian will go the same route without the drop in quality.

I don't think you are a hater. Just an opinionated jackass, but then again aren't we all. Oh, Bioware didn't make it big til their fourth game, Volourn.

Edited by Judge Hades

People tend to forget that BIo wasn't always a jauggernaut.. They earned that the old fashion hardway... just like Obsidian will have to. Mind you, they were given an easier oppurtunity to do it than BIO was when they first broke in simply because Obsidian's founders once worked for failed company in the past.

P.S. Some BIS games are in my top 5 faves so don't call me a BIS/Obsidian Hater, please. :)"

"don't. Two games under their belt may not do it. A couple more that are succesful would."

It took BIo two games to hit it big. Why can't Obsidian do the same when they were giftwrapped guaranteed million copies sellers? Espicially since it seesm Obsidian seems to expanding at a fast pace.

Obs has a black mark on their name with K2 being released some what unfinished. Bio has many titles that have sold well and that are good.

"Obs has a black mark on their name with K2 being released some what unfinished."

Really? The million + copies sold argue otherwise.

P.S. yes, the copies *do* speak.

"Oh, Bioware didn't make it big til their fourth game, Volourn."

Nah. It was BG which was their second released game if IIRC that got them on their way.

Edited by Volourn

Yeah, BG was their second title. Probably made the million mark. Though it's hard to say, since they usually quote the series as a whole.

Obs already made the million on their first title, which is pretty good. Sure, it's the SW franchise, but Bio has always had franchises to back them up for their best-selling series as well. JE only sold around 500,000 on last count - which is pretty good, but just shows how much more the franchises themselves sell.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Obs already made the million on their first title, which is pretty good. Sure, it's the SW franchise, but Bio has always had franchises to back them up for their best-selling series as well. JE only sold around 500,000 on last count - which is pretty good, but just shows how much more the franchises themselves sell.

Combine this with your other post about how well 50 Cent: Bulletproof sold, and you see a disturbing trend. :)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)