What were they thinking?

You could always just send the crippled Merc back to AIM. I wouldn't pay for someone that was no longer of use to me.

Yes, I agree that is irrational and it would make more sense just to reload if I hate that feature. But I don't reload in Jag 2 so its not an option.

IMO you should keep playing. It's fun trying to pull it out, even with your IMP, after a catastrophe like that.

THe only reason for sticking to your guns about it IMO is if you're just looking to powergame through JA2.

If I have anything else to say about it though, I'll take it to PMs

Edited by alanschu

My problem with the lizards is that Bioware made them appear to be this great one and only creator race which they are not.  They are 1 of five and oneof those five are humans.

But they were the first, and that's often the source of their descendants' arrogance and nuttiness.

E.g.: Yuan-ti.

"My problem with the lizards is that Bioware made them appear to be this great one and only creator race which they are not. They are 1 of five and oneof those five are humans."

Well.. They were concetrtaing on just that one. It was their tale; not the others'. I don't think they meant to imply the Lizardfolk were the *only* Creator Race but the only one that mattered in the story.

"Also they got the whole time traveling wrong inthe Realms. There are only one way to travel in time in the Realms and that is use of time conduits which exist only in 3 locations. Mystryl made very very very strict rules about time traveling and Mystra enforces those rules fully."

Rules are meant to be broken. In fact, Mystra herself is one who breaks them.

"I think you're confusing mkreku and myself."

My apologizes. (haha, I *do* apologize, R00fles!)

For soem reason don't ask me why. I often get you two mixed up.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I hated the seemingly constant required feeding in Arx Fatalis. I know some people dig that because it's more realistic etc, but my blood pressure went up everytime I heard my character say "I need food." It made me feel like I was playing with a Furbie or Tamagachimacallit.

That aside, pretty much every Japanese game has some WTF design moment. It's something I pretty much take for granted.

It's not a "design" thing (I hope), but the basketball in N64's NBA In the Zone '98 acted as if it was filled with concrete.

Loose balls would actually stop after 3 bounces. No rolling.

But that's not really a design issue.

One design issue I didn't like so much was Heart of Iron 2's map creation. Europe is GREAT, as is China. Plenty of provinces and fun to be had. But in many areas, provinces get too big, which results in long move times between provinces, as well as limits flanking opportunites.

Worst design ever: BG/BG2 and whatever's idea that "Evil" is just good for hire... what einstien thought that up?  :ermm:

What's wrong with that?

Umm.. the fact it's not evil maybe?

Edit: If taking a fair payment for a job you do is evil... then everyone who works is evil by default.

Edited by Darque

Example of evil: From BG 2 no less...

Screwing some poor peon over so that he ends up getting eaten by that liche... then you get to keep his daughter's soul as an Ioun stone.

Now that was fun.. err... evil :ermm:

Example of evil 2: When some idiot grub farmer babbles about how his kid died because adventurers convinced him it was fun....

You slap him down... :ermm:

Yet you only get the XP if you take the good route and talk him down and convince him it was his son's destiny... then buy the fool a drink....

...suck.