Fallout 2 Query

Musopticon?

It's good for healing rapidly, as well as treating serious ailments like broken bones and whatnot. Unfortunately I find people usually just end up reloading the game when this happens, so there's actually little point :thumbsup:

Edited by alanschu

I used to be pretty bad for it.

"WTF?? My arm is broken and now my aim sucks? Screw that!"

"OMG my ear was bitten off, and now my Charisma sucks? Screw that!"

Since I've stopped though, I find games more exciting as they tend to be more unique on replays, and certainly more challenging.

So, I don't really need it, with the odd 15 books of First Aid(the skill's 81 without spending any points) and 75 stimpacks.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

So, I don't really need it, with the odd 15 books of First Aid(the skill's 81 without spending any points) and 75 stimpacks.

Not unless you want the boosts.

Of course there is a "Trick" you can do if you're the exploiting type.

Boost one skill to about 115 the hard way (1 point at a time) then Tag it with a perk... it'll jump to about 150-175... you can THEN (at the same time) reduce the skill back to it's base value of 115 and use the skill points for... other things :thumbsup:

I don't tend to reload in crpgs.

In action games I try to reach finess and perfection, but crpgs are an...experience. I don't really know why. I just try to play without loading much at all.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Ooh, that's quite a trick.

Too bad I'm not up for that kind of stuff. :D

kirottu said:

I thought that that tagging didn't work quite like that, as it doubles your "points" in those skills, but after you reach certain values it starts costing more skill points to improve them.

How the heck did you reduce your skills anyways?

I thought that that tagging didn't work quite like that, as it doubles your "points" in those skills, but after you reach certain values it starts costing more skill points to improve them.

How the heck did you reduce your skills anyways?

It does double and when you reduce it back down you get a massive number of points :)

You can't reduce them normally.. but when you tag the skill in the level up screen the skill will go "green" like any skill you dump points into... since the perk effectively dumps skillpoints into it.

Thus the skill is like any other skill you've dumped points into... until you exit the level up screen you can... remove them and add them somewhere else :(

There are two types of people in this world....those with loaded guns.  And those that dig.

Classic. :devil:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

The only time I ever reload is when something happens I can't fix normally... like the time poor Imoen turned into meaty chunks due to a backstab at that undrground place in BG 1 :devil:

LOL

Sorry, it reminded me of Minsc being Dire Charmed and he attacked me, turning my character into chunks. That's what happens when you give your npcs powerful weapons.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I have to admit that the last FO2 character I played was a female Big Guns sniper who had 10 in all stats. No, I didn't use a hex-editor to cheat, I just exploited a bug in the game, which does let you reach 10 in all stats if you plan your strategy right. Some stats need to be very low from the beginning, however, so before exploing the bug, the game is difficult indeed.

Favorite line from FO2?

"Wow! I feel as if I've passed some arbitrary experience value and gained more power!"

- Marcus

That line says all I hate about level-based RPGs so well :-