Heroes of Might & Magic V Beta

Setzer

If I remember correctly, Judge's hate for Ubisoft comes from the company being responsible for PoR2. However, he also said that he hates the company because it wasn't responsible for the game. :p

No, it's the StarForce copy-protection they employ, I thought.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

No, it's the StarForce copy-protection they employ, I thought.

*Sigh*

As a rule of thumb, if I can find a no-cd patch for a game, I'll buy the game, if not, I leave it to rot on the shelf. If I had known that the patched Kotor2 wouldn't work with no-cd patches, I would never have gotten it in the first place :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I just don't get robbing a hard working developer of the chance at success because of the publisher.  When a game stinks, I blame the developer.  Sometimes the publisher rushes the product (ok, usually) but it always comes down to the developers skill.

When I buy a book, I don't look at the publisher, I look at the author.

Sometimes an above average to good title will slip through the cracks of gamer attention span because a publisher did not care to advertise it. This is most definitely not a problem with developers as they don't always have an active hand in that matter, and it's not accurate to blame a developer for this. Beyond Good and Evil's reception was rather poor because Ubisoft made almost no effort to promote it, despite being well received by critics. Another example seems to be Bethesda's treatment of Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, which looks like it isn't being able to make much of a name for itself even with reviews between acceptable and enthusiastic.

The Starforce copy protection will not be used in the retail copy of HoMM V. Nival, just recently, had a change of heart and decided to do away with it.

I am not sure if that will stop Hades from exercising his protest vote, after all Ubisoft use it on Chaos Theory ... :)"

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Pikachu ftw. (w00t)

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Like Setzer said

This is awesome news. I hope it boosts their sales like crazy.

Now Hades has to decide whether his principles would be best served by boycotting Ubisoft completely, or buying this game because they decided not to use StarForce ... :)"

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Not my preferred genre.

Not really mine either. The only reason I like Brothers in Arms (other then the fact that I'm a WWII junkie) is the control you have over some of the guys. Personally, I don't really like CoD2's single player because of the run and gun action. The multiplayer is fun though.

I don't like modern warfare. GRAW was decent but I didnt really enjoy it that much.

Ace Combat was very good but again I didnt really enjoy the modern warfare aspect. Blazing Angels was WWII but was abysmal.. Someones got to get the two elements right one of these days.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]