Couple get 9 years prison for Wendy's finger scam

Arkan

way to excessive imo ... 9 years! think about it, 9 years of your lives, that a really long time!! Make them pay something like 100.000 - 200.000 $ in fine and then slap them in prison for 1-2 years, that would would set an example and they would get their punishment..

Fortune favors the bald.

way to excessive imo ... 9 years! think about it, 9 years of your lives, that a really long time!! Make them pay something like 100.000 - 200.000 $ in fine and then slap them in prison for 1-2 years, that would would set an example and they would get their punishment..

They could get out on parole in a few years though.

I'm with Ros in this. It is excessive.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I'm with Ros in this. It is excessive.

This is actually the 4th or 5th time she has filed a fraudulent lawsuit. Over the years she has attempted to do this to other companies, although this was the first that got so much national attention. I think they deserve the sentence. Chances are they will serve 4-5 years each. It wasn't just the finger case that they were convicted on either. This couple spent years of their lives trying to con money out of people and other companies, and now they get to spend a few years behind bars.

Sheesh, way to tell me to get all relevant info.

It doesn't sound so excessive afterall. :)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

They are also probably looking at a minimum security prison. I don't think it's a Federal, which I hear is the nicest and it's the type Martha Stewart was in. If it's a State minimum security prison, they should be fine if they don't cause trouble. Most people in those prisons are on short sentences, so they don't stir the pot. I'm not saying it's easy, it's just a tamer hell.

San Quentin is a maximum security prison, and the majority of the felons are going to have a record of violence. Unless the two do something bad in prison, they should avoid a place like that.

This is actually the 4th or 5th time she has filed a fraudulent lawsuit.  Over the years she has attempted to do this to other companies, although this was the first that got so much national attention.  I think they deserve the sentence.  Chances are they will serve 4-5 years each.  It wasn't just the finger case that they were convicted on either.  This couple spent years of their lives trying to con money out of people and other companies, and now they get to spend a few years behind bars.

People like that truly make me sick. I hope they serve the full 9 years (although they won't).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Is this excessive or just punishment? (Wendy's finger scandal)

Yes. Prison is expensive and a waste of taxpayer's money unless the criminal is a threat to the public. These people should be made to work at Wendy's and do community service in their free time.

just have one of the billion american gun owners finish the job (free of charge) ;)