KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

I dont know. I still think K2 had way too much options. Its overwhelming. For someone like me, who plays Elder Scrolls, I think saying too much dialogue should count for something. The possibilities were just too big, and KOTOR is the kinda game you gotta see every possibility. I like starting a new character, but it gets tedious for about the hundreth time.

A hundred playthroughs is not bad.

Thing is Morrowind is very open but has next to no replay value.  Games with a tighter story with multiple branching parts have tons of replay value.

I am not gonna discuss Morrowind here, but if you thought that game had no replay value...well, to each his own. And I wont debate the tightness of Morrowind's story (since I didnt think it was a problem with the game), so lets no go there. Just know I dont agree. I know I started using those games as examples, but using them further would deviate from what we are talking about currently.

Anyways, there is a fine line between replay value, and insanity. Sometimes I would want to create a character just to choose a specific dialogue option. It might be signs of my instability...but still. It had way too much. KOTOR 1 didnt lack on dialogue options (I went crazy there too), so why make more? It is not efficient to fix whats not broken. In K1, no matter what I chose, the point of the conversation came across. In K2, I would choose an option, the dialogue would lose itself in it, and I dont know where the conversation is going. Sometimes crucial plotpoints got lost, and you make a character that doesnt know what the hell is going on. Then you make one to choose the other options, and you miss on something else. It was weird. Thats why I, for the most part, never understood most things.

Kreia promised knowledge at the end journey, which i never saw happen at the end. Her role sorta changed. One second Sion is Kreia's enemy, the next her apprentice once more (I heard the devs cut stuff out). Anyway, all this sums up for very confusive gameplay. It wasnt bad, just not done right.

It's not like a lightsaber should cut trough every material, though; but considering the type of item we're dealing with, it's hard to not look at it and see it's been terribly neutered.

Also, I don't buy a whole lot into balance issues regarding the inclusion of a proper lightsaber. Being a Jedi or a Sith carries more balance issues than a lightsaber. Spamming Force powers, high levels which just bring more instances of some powers, PCs becoming so powerful any challenge is gradually lost... That's more troublesome to me than a proper lightsaber.

Yes, well you can blame all that on KotOR being based on the d20 RPG engine. I don't much like it either. Watering down lightsabers due to game balance while allowing rediculously powerful characters at high levels is an excellent example of the game mechanics in d20, and Star Wars really is just one example of this. I liked WEG's Star Wars game much better.

But since KotOR games are based on it all, I guess we're stuck with it...

Only if you're a backwards thinker like Hades. If a better, more appropriate (and hopefully balanced) ruleset can be found (or created)...it should be used.

Actually what I was talking about is not having all the attacks set in stone. You'd have a set of attacks depending on what type of attack, the position of the enemy, your position at the start of the round (so that if you crouched to duck blaster fire you

it actually does make sense to go console-only...this will allow for effective implementation of real time combat...something that consoles do better than PCs, IMO.

(also, LA is not keen on their games being moddable...keeping it console-only will help with that).

I doubt that. They don't have a problem when people make mods in the Star Wars universe, with a different game! THere was a mod for Battlefield 1942 out called Galactic Conquest. Unlike a company like say, Fox (Interactive), they didn't go around shutting down a mod because it used their content. The only request Lucasarts made to the mod team was to not use licensed material like the John Williams music. They had zero problems with people making a game out of it....even though they don't get any money for it.

I don't like consoles, and before you kill me: i had 4 of them

(SNES, SEGA,...uh and two others i don't even remeber anymore)

I will never-ever ... again buy one, I have my lovely PC, I can change it how and when i want. The looks, the 'inner workings', the configuration. Try that to do with an SNES, thats better than shock-therapy :)"

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

This'll now sound off-topic, but will the True Sith end up sending the LS Revan and Exile into the dark side? I mean, I could see the Exile becoming, say Darth Solare after she equips the Nihilus mask (and this could/would have further impact if the Exile created Nihilus [for those who subscribe to that theory]). And then when the True Sith attack the Republic and the Jedi, they could sacrifice themselves to save the galaxy and destroy the True Sith (granted, it's inviting death threats on someone [and possibly the only thing more unspeakable is Luke Skywalker getting killed {where I think someone'll skip the threats and just commit the act}])

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

This'll now sound off-topic, but will the True Sith end up sending the LS Revan and Exile into the dark side? I mean, I could see the Exile becoming, say Darth Solare after she equips the Nihilus mask (and this could/would have further impact if the Exile created Nihilus [for those who subscribe to that theory]). And then when the True Sith attack the Republic and the Jedi, they could sacrifice themselves to save the galaxy and destroy the True Sith (granted, it's inviting death threats on someone [and possibly the only thing more unspeakable is Luke Skywalker getting killed {where I think someone'll skip the threats and just commit the act}])

True Sith aren't nececary evil...don't forget tat its a whole race :huh: ...And Nihilus was there BEFORE Exile, so Exile could never create him( weird tought)

IB1OsQq.png

firstly why are you guys ayin he exile is a girl? most people play as a guy

1) Some guy who's job I now want said she's a girl

2) I'm a guy and I play with a female Exile

Though the mind boggling thing is, even though the Exile is a female according to canon, every article still refers to Exile as "he" :huh: ...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I played KOTOR 1 as a man (LS)

I played KOTOR 2 as a girl (LS)

this is my favorite storyline (even if i played all DS/LS possibilities), and I would really know what a romance could be made out of Revan/Exile :huh:

That would be interesting... Especially for the controversy that would spill out for all those who want Revan marrying Bastila....

DAWUSS

I've heard that Leeland Chee, who is responsible for sorting out canon and continuity (not that he is unilaterally in charge, mind you) has stated that, since continuity Revan is definitely male, he would like to see continuity Exile as definitely female. I agree, actually. I would even go so far as make her non-human as well.

SW protagonists do need to be a diverse bunch.

this is my favorite storyline (even if i played all DS/LS possibilities), and I would really know what a romance could be made out of Revan/Exile :huh:

That would be interesting... Especially for the controversy that would spill out for all those who want Revan marrying Bastila....

Hmmm...female Revan and Bastilla..I like lesbians :D

IB1OsQq.png

True Sith aren't nececary evil...don't forget tat its a whole race :huh: ...And Nihilus was there BEFORE Exile, so Exile could never create him( weird tought)

The true Sith are a nasty lot, no doubt about it.

As for the Nihilus idea, I think I'm responsible for that. Read here for context.

But how can you say Nihilus was there before the Exile? Nobody had heard about Nihilus until a few years (at the earliest) before KotOR2 begins, while the Exile fought in the Mandalorian Wars a full decade before.

Also, note what the masters tell the Exile when they meet on Dantooine in KotOR2:

"The last Jedi conclave was on Katarr, a Miraluka colony. And all of Katarr was destroyed, all of the Jedi killed...Including Master Zhar... Master Vandar... A Jedi doesn't care if he dies. Everyone does, but when we fight, when we sacrifice ourselves, it is for others, for the greater good. But our presence must not endanger others. And as long as we were visible targets, we were a threat to everything around us.There was a gathering of Jedi on the planet - when we realized that something was attacking us, we resolved to meet secretly to attempt to find this threat.Then... Katarr was no more.When we felt Katarr die, there is something we felt, something we'd felt once before. An echo in the Force.We'd felt it before when you stood before us. Whatever this threat, whatever this hunger is, it is something tied to you, something you have experienced directly. This echo travels in the places where death has walked, where planets have died. Massacres fuel its power, the death of life fuels it."

Here the connection between Nihilus and the Exile is rather clear - the masters felt the same echo in Nihilus that they had felt from the Exile years before when they exiled him. Of course, it might then be argued that this is merely a reference to the horrors of Malachor V that spawned both Nihilus and made the Exile what he has become. However, another part of the masters meeting suggests otherwise:

"The Sith are a threat, it is true. But the threat they present... it is tied to you in some way. The echo we have felt on the worlds we have walked - we have encountered it only once before, when you stood before us at your trial.We believe that somehow, you are creating this - or that the Sith have learned this technique from you."

True Sith aren't nececary evil...don't forget tat its a whole race :ermm: ...And Nihilus was there BEFORE Exile, so Exile could never create him( weird tought)

The true Sith are a nasty lot, no doubt about it.

As for the Nihilus idea, I think I'm responsible for that. Read here for context.

But how can you say Nihilus was there before the Exile? Nobody had heard about Nihilus until a few years (at the earliest) before KotOR2 begins, while the Exile fought in the Mandalorian Wars a full decade before.

Also, note what the masters tell the Exile when they meet on Dantooine in KotOR2:

"The last Jedi conclave was on Katarr, a Miraluka colony. And all of Katarr was destroyed, all of the Jedi killed...Including Master Zhar... Master Vandar... A Jedi doesn't care if he dies. Everyone does, but when we fight, when we sacrifice ourselves, it is for others, for the greater good. But our presence must not endanger others. And as long as we were visible targets, we were a threat to everything around us.There was a gathering of Jedi on the planet - when we realized that something was attacking us, we resolved to meet secretly to attempt to find this threat.Then... Katarr was no more.When we felt Katarr die, there is something we felt, something we'd felt once before. An echo in the Force.We'd felt it before when you stood before us. Whatever this threat, whatever this hunger is, it is something tied to you, something you have experienced directly. This echo travels in the places where death has walked, where planets have died. Massacres fuel its power, the death of life fuels it."

Here the connection between Nihilus and the Exile is rather clear - the masters felt the same echo in Nihilus that they had felt from the Exile years before when they exiled him. Of course, it might then be argued that this is merely a reference to the horrors of Malachor V that spawned both Nihilus and made the Exile what he has become. However, another part of the masters meeting suggests otherwise:

"The Sith are a threat, it is true. But the threat they present... it is tied to you in some way. The echo we have felt on the worlds we have walked - we have encountered it only once before, when you stood before us at your trial.We believe that somehow, you are creating this - or that the Sith have learned this technique from you."

You know thats not true...even a miracula was there ...she is one we all know about :)

I'm actually fully aware and sure of Darth Nihilus: He has the most potent background to be the main char of KOTOR 3. Just think about it, you don't even know if 'it' is a male/female, no real human voice was heared from 'it', we never seen her/his face. Ergo: He/She is perfect for character creation, and would have a similar background as Exile and Revan :cool:

IB1OsQq.png

If you do look at Nihilus closely enough, you do see a hint of a face under those holes in the mask...

KOTOR2Nihilus.jpg

DAWUSS

this is my favorite storyline (even if i played all DS/LS possibilities), and I would really know what a romance could be made out of Revan/Exile :rolleyes:

All the more reason to make it canon!