Who Kriea actually could be?

For those who actually choose to read this, I thank you for your time in advance.

Forgive my disjointed explanation of the following.

As I played through my copy of KOTOR II for what has to be the fiftieth time, I got to thinking about some things, things previously noted but ignored. It started to bug me, so I went back and thought about this subject: Who is Kriea really? I believe Kriea to be none other than the Handmaiden's mother, Arren Kae. The following is the bits and pieces collected from the final story that made the game, from playing through several different times and listening to what those around had to tell.

Let's start with what you can drag out of Kriea herself. Mainly three things:

She trained Revan at some point. This is hard for a Lightsider to find out, but not impossible. I've seen me do it. :thumbsup:

She knew the Handmaiden's mother "well" and her mother's name was Arren Kae.

She was involved in the Mandalorian War.

Now, move forward to the Handmaiden. From her you get very little, the non-presence is a little more important:

She never knew her mother.

Her mother fought in the Mandalorian War.

Her mother was disgraced and exiled by the Jedi Order.

Now, (and there will be someone to argue with me, I am sure) you can get the relevant parts of the story that the disciple holds whether you are male or female. IN OTHER WORDS, HE DOESN'T HAVE TO JOIN YOUR PARTY FOR THIS INFO.

Revan was trained by many masters, including Arren Kae, "Before Kae left for the war."

Atris also contributes one key piece of info here:

Kriea is not Kriea's name.

Atton also points out something, albiet an obvious something:

Kriea has seen a fair amount of "hard living". Meaning she might not be recongnizable even to those who know what she used to look like.

T3 contributes as well, although not directly:

The holo of your trial, Atris claims that all the sith came from the same source, the same "corrupt" source. It's supposition, but I believe that "source" is Arren Kae.

Then there is Kriea's own behavior, behavior I believe to point at the root theory. She respects the light side, and the dark side. She is truly the definition of "grey", believing true understanding only comes from knowing both sides of the coin. This could have easily been the "corruption" in Revan's training. She also seems a little more upset at your sparring with Brianna Kae than maybe she should, if she has no direct interest in the situation. She's very accusatory in her dialog there.

The final piece for me comes as a lightsider upon your return to the enclave at Dantoinee. To quote the crotchedy old Vrook:

"Is this your new master? If so, you will fall to the dark side, just surely as Revan did." Again, I'm speculating, but is this a reference to Revan having been trained by Arren Kae?

Feel free to demolish my theory if you so choose, but I had to put it out there somewhere. I was referred to here. Thoughts are appreciated, for or against. If this particular subject has already come and gone, then I apologize.

And shepherds we shall be,

for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be,

In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti.

So are you thinking Kreia is Arren Kae?

No, she is not.

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?ac...Bkreia+%2Barren

Welcome to the boards :), wanna play Pazaak? :)"

Edited by dufflover

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Hahaha, I see the "community" has decided she isn't.... well, I am looking for logical debate on it, so I welcome someone picking at the idea.

Also, search functions hate me. About as much as I hate them. Which is my way of saying my two attempts to search timed out on me.

Truthfully the two things that swung me to thinking about this were Atris line That's not her real name.... and then my next time through when I sparred with Brianna, and Kriea starts the usual accusation that I'm trying to boink the girl, the thought came to mind, "Methinks thou doest protest too much". Thus the idea was planted in my head.

Edited by SSgtSniper

Time for some carefull de-construction...

Let's start with what you can drag out of Kriea herself. Mainly three things:

She trained Revan at some point. This is hard for a Lightsider to find out, but not impossible. I've seen me do it. ;)

She has been Revan's first and last Master indeed. See further down

She knew Atris and the Handmaiden Sisters. So she was probably also told about Handmaiden's history...

She was involved in the Mandalorian War.

As have been many "fallen Jedi", following Revan and Malak into war...

Now, move forward to the Handmaiden. From her you get very little, the non-presence is a little more important:

She never knew her mother.

Being taken away from her along time ago. It is no wonder she does not remember..., and she already knew that Kae WAS her mother...

Her mother fought in the Mandalorian War.

As have been many "fallen Jedi", following Revan and Malak into war...

Because of her relation. Kreia was exiled for because all her students turned to the Dark Side...

Now, (and there will be someone to argue with me, I am sure) you can get the relevant parts of the story that the disciple holds whether you are male or female. IN OTHER WORDS, HE DOESN'T HAVE TO JOIN YOUR PARTY FOR THIS INFO.

Revan was trained by many masters, including Arren Kae, "Before Kae left for the war."

Yes, butt not as the first. The first master was Kreia, Kae was just a "middle" teacher...

Atris also contributes one key piece of info here:

Kriea is not Kriea's name.

"Darth Traya"

Atton also points out something, albiet an obvious something:

Kriea has seen a fair amount of "hard living". Meaning she might not be recongnizable even to those who know what she used to look like.

Could be an explanation why she wasn't detected by the Jedi Masters when standing next to them...even if it is a lame explenation...

Edited by Battlewookiee

T3 contributes as well, although not directly:

The holo of your trial, Atris claims that all the sith came from the same source, the same "corrupt" source. It's supposition, but I believe that "source" is Arren Kae.

The corrupt source would be Kreia... As she turned students to the dark side and ruled a portion of Sith from the base on Malachor V.

Then there is Kriea's own behavior, behavior I believe to point at the root theory. She respects the light side, and the dark side. She is truly the definition of "grey", believing true understanding only comes from knowing both sides of the coin. This could have easily been the "corruption" in Revan's training. She also seems a little more upset at your sparring with Brianna Kae than maybe she should, if she has no direct interest in the situation. She's very accusatory in her dialog there.

Because she swear an oath to Atris, which is, as we all know, a pet of Darth Traya.

The final piece for me comes as a lightsider upon your return to the enclave at Dantoinee. To quote the crotchedy old Vrook:

"Is this your new master? If so, you will fall to the dark side, just surely as Revan did." Again, I'm speculating, but is this a reference to Revan having been trained by Arren Kae?

This mentions to Kreia being Revan's first and last master and the fact every student of Kreia became "Dark Sided"

It could very well be that they planned it to be this way early in the development cycle, but it never worked out to a solid whole... and thus they changed it to be not that way, and make it as it is now...

Edited by Battlewookiee

Okay, my turn. :huh:

The corrupt source would be Kreia... As she turned students to the dark side and ruled a portion of Sith from the base on Malachor V.

Not entirely true. Kriea (before her time as a sith) was a Grey Jedi, much like Jolee Bindo. She respected both sides of the coin. She still believes in the "Grey", if you listen to her dialog to Atris, she says there isn't enough truth in the Sith teachings, but it is a step. Greys tend to think you should at least be aware of both sides of the coin, and greys are usually shunned by the order at large (Jolee, anyone?) The grey teachings can be considered corrupt, as they do expose one to the dark side, without advocating it. Kriea did however become sith on Malachor, as it seems prolonged exposeure to that place seems to have that effect.

Because she swear an oath to Atris, which is, as we all know, a pet of Darth Traya.

Again, it comes down to Methinks thou doest protest too much. She's far more "emotionally" involved in that particular dialog for someone who is for the rest of the game, the pillar of Grey "detachment".

She knew Atris and the Handmaiden Sisters. So she was probably also told about Handmaiden's history...

She specifically says "I knew her mother well." One very clear statement, from a normally cryptic woman. And if she was Arren Kae, then yes, she'd tend to know Arren Kae well.

Because of her relation. Kreia was exiled for because all her students turned to the Dark Side...

That's never actually discussed. I actually believe that Kae wasn't formally "sentenced", she left of her own rather than be disgraced. And if Kae is Kriea, her student's fall would just add a second layer of guilt to it.

Yes, butt not as the first. The first master was Kreia, Kae was just a "middle" teacher...

If you listen to the Disciple, he goes in a sort of reverse Chronological order when he lists the masters, and stops at Arren Kae. So just how sure are we of this again?

I'm sure you'll return and eat my lunch, looking forward to it. :p

Edit: apparently normal BBcode doesn't work for quoteage here??? Little help please.

Edited by SSgtSniper

Second turn of the Wookiee :huh:

Not entirely true. Kriea (before her time as a sith) was a Grey Jedi, much like Jolee Bindo. She respected both sides of the coin. She still believes in the "Grey", if you listen to her dialog to Atris, she says there isn't enough truth in the Sith teachings, but it is a step. Greys tend to think you should at least be aware of both sides of the coin, and greys are usually shunned by the order at large (Jolee, anyone?) The grey teachings can be considered corrupt, as they do expose one to the dark side, without advocating it.  Kriea did however become sith on Malachor, as it seems prolonged exposeure to that place seems to have that effect.

Yes. But all of her students end up becoming Dark Side Followers. That sounds like an "Source" to me...

Again, it comes down to Methinks thou doest protest too much. She's far more "emotionally" involved in that particular dialog for someone who is for the rest of the game, the pillar of Grey "detachment".

The only thing she says is :betrayal: and then Atris respons. She also turns emotional with Visas' possible relation, it is just that she doesn't like the Exile to "bind" himself to another woman (wow, that sounds creepy)

She specifically says "I knew her mother well." One very clear statement, from a normally cryptic woman. And if she was Arren Kae, then yes, she'd tend to know Arren Kae well.

Another explenation could be they were both Jedi Knight in the same time period. ?Just like Juhani and Belyara(?) knew each other well...very well :p

That's never actually discussed. I actually believe that Kae wasn't formally "sentenced", she left of her own rather than be disgraced. And if Kae is Kriea, her student's fall would just add a second layer of guilt to it.

Kreia was sentanced. So if Kae left and Kreia was exiled they cannot be the same...

If you listen to the Disciple, he goes in a sort of reverse Chronological order when he lists the masters, and stops at Arren Kae. So just how sure are we of this again?

Listen to Disciple? Are you outta your mind? :(

Meh, I cannot remember that, also only had 1 female run-through...

Second turn of the Wookiee  :-

Not entirely true. Kriea (before her time as a sith) was a Grey Jedi, much like Jolee Bindo. She respected both sides of the coin. She still believes in the "Grey", if you listen to her dialog to Atris, she says there isn't enough truth in the Sith teachings, but it is a step. Greys tend to think you should at least be aware of both sides of the coin, and greys are usually shunned by the order at large (Jolee, anyone?) The grey teachings can be considered corrupt, as they do expose one to the dark side, without advocating it.  Kriea did however become sith on Malachor, as it seems prolonged exposeure to that place seems to have that effect.

Yes. But all of her students end up becoming Dark Side Followers. That sounds like an "Source" to me...

The only thing she says is :betrayal: and then Atris respons. She also turns emotional with Visas' possible relation, it is just that she doesn't like the Exile to "bind" himself to another woman (wow, that sounds creepy)

Another explenation could be they were both Jedi Knight in the same time period. ?Just like Juhani and Belyara(?) knew each other well...very well :thumbsup:

Kreia was sentanced. So if Kae left and Kreia was exiled they cannot be the same...

Listen to Disciple? Are you outta your mind? :p

Meh, I cannot remember that, also only had 1 female run-through...

Point 1: All the Jedi that went to the Mandalorian Wars, save the Exile, wound up Dark Jedi at some point or another. The "source" was the war itself, not that self-righteous Atris would care.

Point 2: She gets much more excitable (read: pissed off) over Brianna than Visas. You have to deny her accusation three times with the Brianna situation during that dialog, once with the Visas situation during that dialog. She just doesn't let go of the subject. Sounds a bit "personal" to me.

Point 3: Yes that could be, but the larger point is that the statement itself, in it's point-of-factness, is out of place with her character. In other words, for that statement to fit with her persona for the whole rest of the game, you have to read into it as she's hiding something, and in my opinion it's that she "knew" Arren Kae because she IS/WAS Arren Kae.

Point 4: Show me where in the game it says she was sentenced by the Jedi. It doesn't. She was exiled by the sith, but not officially by the Jedi Order anywhere in the actual game.

Point 5: You do not have to be female for him to tell you this stuff. People forget he's in that room in Khoonda until the fight with the Mercs, and he is in the Library room when you first open the door. Just explore all of his dialog options there and he will talk with you about Revan and his "Many Masters".

I'm enjoying the debate, do please continue. :)

Edited by SSgtSniper

Hahaha, I see the "community" has decided she isn't.... well, I am looking for logical debate on it, so I welcome someone picking at the idea.

Heyya,

I don't know what "community" decided, but I can tell you I was convinced Kreia and Arren Kae are one and the same persona on spot.

On my first playthrough I thought there was more to her character then I was explicitly told. She just couldn't have been exiled because she was Revan's first teacher. I mean all others should have been, too. And Revan came back to her only after she was exiled, so she couldn't had known Revan was following her teachings. Then I stumbled upon I-don't-know-how-long a topic on Kreia = Kae and it all made sense when I played it the second time thorough.

Now imagine she was betrayed when still Jedi Master by someone close (say, the Echani General himself) and reported to Jedi Council of having a child in secret. It would explain her despair and her turn to the dark side.

It would also be the moment "betrayal" marked her so. I definitely disagree, Battlewookiee, "Darth Traya" is just a title, a role she assumed to finish her teachings, to come full circle. So Atris and the Masters wouldn't refer to this title, me thinks.

Besides, how secretive Obsidian was with the (real) names of most of your companions?! Handmaiden and Disciple, obviously. We are told who hides under the Mandalorian suit only at the very end. I still don't know who "Atton" is. Anyone? Why would Kreia be any different?

When I think of it, it makes me really suspicious of Bao. For a guy that elusively says "Yes, general?" only... Betcha those droids are fake too (fat one, certainly).

I play pazaak for strange crystals only.

: D

Not to knock you guy, because I appreciate the input, but just a quick point: The first moment I heard Canderous speak, I instantly knew that was who he was.

You know, I noticed that Atton made a remark on-board the Ebon Hawk shortly after Peragus and Kriea lost her hand...

He makes some comment about how Kreia won't speak two words to him, but will talk off [your] the exile's ear.

Now, I know this might not make a lot of difference, but it always struck me as odd that Kreia would tell Handmaiden what the force was like - I mean, she almost reads her a lecture. Kreia will barely speak two words to anyone else, except in contempt, so why would she explain something like that to Handmaiden? Unless she's speaking to you (the exile).

--

Edit: another point, but one I don't think anyone's mentioned... in the original movies, Obi-wan said that Darth Vader had killed Anakin Skywalker - "from a certain point of view." Could it not also be true, that perhaps, Darth Traya (or whatever name Kreia is using at that point) could have killed Kae?

Edited by Dyan

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Dyan, that's a lot of what got me to thinking the same thing. She is much more, I guess the word is engaged, when it comes to anything regarding Brianna than any other person/droid on that whole damned ship. Far too involved to stay "in-character". Then you put all the other pieces in, and it just looks so much like she is Master Kae.

And the Anakin/Vader logic is the kind of backwards-cryptic mumbo jumbo I think she is using when she says she knew Arren Kae well.

EDIT:

Another tidbit: Arren Kae was supposed to have died in the Mandalorian Wars, right? Lightside, upon the return to Dantoonie, the confrontation between Kriea and the council.

Kreia: He has brought truth, and you condemn it? The arrogance!

Kriea: You will not harm him. You will not harm him ever again.

Master Kavar: I thought you had died in the Mandalorian Wars......

Kriea: Die? No- became stronger, yes.

Master Vrook: Is this your new Master, exile? If so, then you follow Revan's path. Her teachings will cause you to fall as surely as he did.

I just did that particular scene again tonight with my lastest creation, I had forgotten about Kavar's part in that exchange. Just another piece of an interesting puzzle.

Edited by SSgtSniper

Dyan, that's a lot of what got me to thinking the same thing. She is much more, I guess the word is engaged, when it comes to anything regarding Brianna than any other person/droid on that whole damned ship. Far too involved to stay "in-character".  Then you put all the other pieces in, and it just looks so much like she is Master Kae.

And the Anakin/Vader logic is the kind of backwards-cryptic mumbo jumbo I think she is using when she says she knew Arren Kae well.

I agree. :thumbsup:

However, whether or not its just there to tease us gamers, I don't know. However, I'd like to think that Kreia is Kae - it gives her character more depth and makes things more interesting.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Dyan, take a look at my edit. I thought I'd get it in before your return, I was wrong.

Guest The Architect

We all know Kreia taught Revan right? And we all know Arren Kae tought Revan right? So, how come whenever someone mentions Revan had many teachers that none of them mention Kreia, it's just Kae? Or when someone mentions Kreia taught Revan they don't mention Kae? Why hasn't someone said something like this?...'Revan had many masters. These masters included Zhar, Dorak, Kae and Kreia.' You see what I mean.

Other speculative things that possibly support the fact of Darth Traya/Kreia being Arren Kae is...

Brianna mentions that her mother died during the Mandalorian Wars and they never recovered her mother (Arren Kae's) body. Maybe this is because she never died, she's alive and she has become Darth Traya/Kreia and perhaps that is why (LS Exile) the Jedi Council were shcoked to see Darth Traya/Kreia on Dantooine because they thought that she had died.

Don't you find that Brianna's backstory is suspisciously written? I mean, she never knew her mother, if she did, then perhaps she would be shocked to see her mother Darth Traya/Kreia being alive since she would recognize her.

When T3-M4 plays that holo-recording showing the day that the Jedi Council exiled you, isn't it suspicious how the Jedi Council say 'her' teachings and not her name, Kreia. But wait a minute, maybe it's because the woman they are talking about is Arren Kae and that 'Kreia' technically doesn't exist to them yet as Arren Kae hasn't changed her name. Why hasn't any of the Jedi Masters ever mentioned the name Kreia, it's always Kae or 'her'?

Of course, I'm not entirely sure if Arren Kae is Darth Traya/Kreia but I'm highly suspiscious of her. It would make sense if she is, however it would make equal sense if she isn't.

Edited by The Architect

Not to knock you guy, because I appreciate the input, but just a quick point: The first moment I heard Canderous speak, I instantly knew that was who he was.

Then you fail to understand my point.

Of course you knew, because you assumed Revan's character once. But his voice would then be all the evidence if Kreia didn't name him. (Unless he tells you himself if your influence with him is high.)

With several members it's no brainier what their names are. Surprisingly enough it is for some. Obsidian I guess conceived names to be something important we don't share with just everyone (i.e. who uses his/her name given at birth on the board anyway). Names can tell stories on their own. Of our past.

Honestly, I for one was surprised to read even Goto was not what it appeared to be. With "Atton" we were hinted "that's not his name". Was he supposed to be Carth's son? I've also become suspicious of why you can tell Bao you don't remember him (just a mech, I know; but still).

You never learn much about Kreia's past either. I guess it's obvious she once was highly regarded among Jedi, though unconventional in her beliefs. She is conveniently 'passionate' whenever dealing with or just talking about Jedi Order. On the other hand she clearly didn't care about Sion and Nihilus much. Her story was all about bringing Truth to the Order. "Kreia? Oh... that is not her name." could only refer to that past of hers as Jedi, when she was known under Kae (or some other name).

"Know that there was once a Darth Traya. And that she cast aside that role, was exiled, and found a new purpose. But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

My biggest dilemma here is who is she betraying? Not the Exile, I'd say. After all, she's the teacher. Is it the Order (LS ending) or even Kae herself? Don't misunderstand me: what Kae represented died when she was exiled and thus Kreia emerged. Hence Nitscheian self-fulfilling destruction of Kreia.

I know (?) there's no real proof who Kreia was per se. It' just that some stories around Kae and Handmaiden are very convenient to believe so, so I agree. And I know there are people out there who say 'if it doesn't say I don't buy'. But that's just what I like about K2. That it raises more questions than brings answers. I always hated games that bring you everything on a silver plate.

Very well put.

"Know that there was once a Darth Traya. And that she cast aside that role, was exiled, and found a new purpose. But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

My biggest dilemma here is who is she betraying? Not the Exile, I'd say. After all, she's the teacher. Is it the Order (LS ending) or even Kae herself? Don't misunderstand me: what Kae represented died when she was exiled and thus Kreia emerged. Hence Nitscheian self-fulfilling destruction of Kreia.

Well, I agree. In fact I don't quite buy into her whole rant at all. Why must there always be a Darth Traya per se? Is there logical reason behind that conclusion on her behalf? Just because a person has been betrayed, that doesn't make that person automatically seek betrayal. It sounds more like something they just came up with that doesn't really ring true to the world as we know it and therefore, in this case, not in the SW universe either.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

Well it seem the pro- Arren Kae's have taken over. I'm still waiting to see battlewookie come pick me apart again. Other points of view are welcomed folks, you can't debate without two sides. :)

Dyan, take a look at my edit. I thought I'd get it in before your return, I was wrong.

I'd forgotten about that sceen to. Yeah, you're right - they recognise her.

Kreia does play the whole "no one can remember me because I used the force on them to affect their memories" card an awful lot though.

Schmarth, I think the quote I cited is more of a personal note of who Kreia actually was than what Darth Traya represents.

OK, let me elaborate further on what I think happened. "Know that there was once a Darth Traya." I think Kae (or whoever) was betrayed in heart by loved ones, exiled by Jedi Order and in her despair and hopelessness she fell to the dark side. She somehow made it to Malachor V, found her new purpose alongside Sion and Nihilus and assumed her title as Darth Traya. In time her hatred and rage subsided and yet she felt no satisfaction from killing I-wonder-how-many.

"And that she cast aside that role, was exiled, and found a new purpose." So she gave up on her dark side. Sion and Nihilus of course weren't happy and stripped her of her powers. And in darkness she realized the truth about the Force and found a purpose to make others realize it too if not to kill the force herself. Meet Kreia (I don't speak latin, but "she who believes" or somesuch?).

With Exile's help she learns Jedi Masters still live. Then on Dantooine she revels herself, shows them the truth and assumes her role as Darth Traya once more, teaching the Exile to trust no one. Assumes, because I don't think the masters are dead, not really. This is for LS.

DS Exile would actually follow Kreia's own past closely. Exiled by Jedi, giving up on Force and then falling to the dark. Then on Dantooine comes: "If by killing these Jedi, if you achieved any measure of peace." and how you learned the wrong lesson. I suppose Atris assumes her role as Darth Traya here.

Either way Exile ends "gray-ish". I know it's far-fetched and I don't think it answers your question really, so sorry.

Dyan, I was referring to his mention of her dying in the war. Just another similarity I find to be a little too convienent. Too many coincidences surround Kriea and Kae, but we all know there is no such thing as coincedence, right? :)

Edited by SSgtSniper

Aye interesting theory but doesnt work for me either to be honest.

Kreia was Revans teacher and Kae was a jedi that followed Revan to war, so right there a problem is presented. Kreia never followed Revan, Revan went to Kreia when he needed advice/mentoring.

In fact I cant think of a single time in the game its said Kreia actually took part in the Mandalorian Wars to be honest.

I think she was more a interested bystander watching how it unfolds.

Also, Kreia doesnt speak to Atton because she thinks him a fool, and doesnt waste her time on fools.

Its not until the Academy on Telos that she uncovers what Atton is hiding and then has a small amount of use for him.

Lastly, Kreia is passionate about Handmaiden breaking her Vow because it is betrayal, and Kreia lays out (almost at the start of game) her opinion on betrayal.

As I said, its an interesting theory but think you reading far to much into it and looking for proff thats just not there.

PS: The source is the wound in the force created at Malacor V by such grand scale slaughter.

A very interesting opinion, but I think that when Atris mentioned the "corrupt" source, wouldn't she be talking about Revan, because Revan was the one who led all the Jedi to war?

The reference is actually to a Mystery Master of Revan's, because almost all the jedi she trained went Dark. My premise is this Master was Arren Kae, and that Kriea is Arren Kae, under an assumed name.