Stupid things you've done in video games...

Deraldin

Halo 2: Finally getting my hands on a rocket launcher, lining up the perfect shot on some punk dumb enough to not check his motion tracker. The reticle is completely clear of all obstructions...I pull the trigger....and accidentally nudge the thumbstick down a bit...BOOM. Suicide. :blink:

F.E.A.R: Nading teammates...five of them. I threw a grenade up into a room where a bad guy just went...and didn't know most of my team just entered the room too. :o

I can't remember the game, but I spent three hours advancing...then exited.....then realized I hadn't saved all throughout that time...and there was no auto save.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Playing through Brynnlaw and Spellhold using only quicksave then starting a new game and immediately quicksaving and overwriting 4 hours of advancement after getting Minsc and Jaheira out of their cages. :thumbsup:

Oh, and there's no stakes in Spellhold, but there IS a vampire coffin which you must impale in order to get through the dungeon. Guess what I forgot to take with me when leaving Amn?

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

When I was playing Infinity Engine games and Starcraft back and forth, I used to press spacebar to pause the action whenever my Protoss forces encountered the enemy.

Then I would curse loudly as my forces were decimated due to my lack of control all the while slamming on the spacebar trying to pause the game and avert disaster.

haha, I wasn't the only one :thumbsup:

During the tutorial for Fahrenheit I couldn't get the action sequence right for ages. I must have tried to dodge that car nearly a hundred times before I figured out that I needed to be pressing the arrow key on the number pad and the direction key. I guess it's because I've never held a console controller in my life.

I also find that I need to sit in a different position for the colour-pad action sequences and the left-right-left-right stamina sequences, so one time (as Lucas was hanging gamely from a helicopter) I scooted my chair to the side so fast I ran over my foot and collapsed in pain. It still hurts a little, and of course poor Lucas was a goner. :thumbsup:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Metal Gear Solid - I was playing around and flying the Nikita Missile (I think it was) and managed to get myself gunned down from behind by a random guard.

You'd have thought I'd have learnt that lesson, but noooo...

I did the same thing again (the following day) on Unreal Tournament while I was hiding in a "safe" location, only to be sniped to death. <_<

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Quick saving in any action game right before a rocket hits me in the face by accident.

Quick saving throughout the game without making any additional save slots.

Edited by EUIX

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

I can't remember the game, but I spent three hours advancing...then exited.....then realized I hadn't saved all throughout that time...and there was no auto save.

sounds like XIII (good game but it doesn't truly autosave... it'll autosave for while your in the game and hit continue but if you don't save before you leave you loose all unsaved progress... Did that once and lost about 5 hours of playtime)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

trying to pick up a gun in COD2 and accidently putting a grenade right in my face (in single player)

Then there was accidently hitting the rewind button on POP for one second when I died using my last sand tank.

Remeber doing that many a time throughout playing PoP, also used to press rewind when I didn't need to accidently loads too.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Does "spending about 2 minutes buffing and re-buffing my level 10 party in preparation for picking a fight with Firkraag for the 5th time in a row (the previous 4 of which resulted in my party's quick and humiliating annihilation) and then forgetting to cast 'Protection from Fire' on most of my group, while then forgetting to cast 'Resist Fear' for an ill-fated 6th attempt" count as stupid?

If so... then nope. Can't think of a single stupid thing I've done in a game. :-"