Should Josh Pull *THIS GUY* Outta retirement?

Sargallath Abraxium

or "phallus" *awaits reaction* :mellow:

This smily " :)) " drives me crazy by the way. :wacko:

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

We have seen how real time works in SPECIAL and it was crap.

No. I see you keep claiming this everytime the issue comes up, but I still have to see you put forth convincing arguments.

SPECIAL worked just fine in FOT. The interface was crap, though, as it was impossible to carry out complex maneuvers, or anything that involved controlling more than one party member at a time. The game didn't suffer from gameplay imbalances derived from the ruleset, as is the case with K2, though.

I would think you can see the difference between the game interface and the ruleset implementation by now.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Sorry, you are not convincing me.  Nice try though.  You deserve a cookie.

I gave up trying to convince people that refuse to acknowledge logic some time ago. Around the time I saw my first Volourn post, probably.

That's not going to stop me from posting the truth, though. :mellow:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

If your truth and my truth contradicts then that is how the universe is meant to be.  One man's truth is another man's lie.  Taking the teachings of Christ and the rantings on the O'Reily Factor.

I'm sure this sounded really deep and meaningful in your head, but when you say it to other people its just lame.

BG did not use SPECIAL.  That is the argument here.  Fallout uses SPECIAL and SPECIAL is turnbase.  We have seen how real time works in SPECIAL and it was crap.  BG is irrelevant to this argument.  BG uses real time and DnD works fun with real time.

DnD is not SPECIAL.

But DnD is turn-based.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to assume:

1) That Troika would still be around today had they gotten their hands on the Fallout license because suddenly a publisher will agree to give them some money. If the idea that they had developed for a post-apocolyptic game wasn't worth sponsorship without the Fallout license, I doubt that adding that license would suddenly make it a good investment. Troika made games that didn't particularly sell well, and were riddled with all sorts of other problems. I wonder how much the license would have actually helped.

Furthermore, to blame Bethesda for this is asinine.

2) The previous games of Troika, all had issues with them. Whether it be gameplay balancing, bugs, etc. They didn't have a solid track record with their games. As a result, what assurances are there that THEY wouldn't bugger up Fallout something fierce? In my opinion, they were still cashing in on their original Fallout fame (and only Fallout 1 AFAIK....I don't believe Tim Cain was around for the second one), and hadn't really done anything that made me think they could duplicate the success.

Would it be better for Troika to make a crappy Fallout 3 rather than Bethesda making a crappy Fallout 3?

Would it be better for Troika to make a crappy Fallout 3 rather than Bethesda making a crappy Fallout 3?

For the hardcore Fallout fan/Troika fanboy, yes. A crappy Bethesda Fallout 3 would be accused of destroying Fallout and, while the flaws in a crappy Troika Fallout 3 would be overlooked.

Troika is irrelevant. They are dead and gone. Lets work with what is fact. bethesda is working on Fallout 3. They have no CRPGs that are science fiction nor have done any work within the genre of sci fi role playing. The have never done a game in the style in which Fallout is in nor have no experience in using a turn based rules set such as SPECIAL.

BG did not use SPECIAL.  That is the argument here.  Fallout uses SPECIAL and SPECIAL is turnbase.  We have seen how real time works in SPECIAL and it was crap.  BG is irrelevant to this argument.  BG uses real time and DnD works fun with real time.

DnD is not SPECIAL.

But DnD is turn-based.

Actually it's more real time with pause. (w00t)

Maybe you'll think of me when you are all alone

Maybe the one who is waiting for you

Will prove untrue, then what will you do?

Maybe you'll sit and sigh, wishing that I were near

Then maybe you'll ask me to come back again

And maybe I'll say "Maybe"

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Why describe it?  Play it for yourself.

I played both DnD and SPECIAL in real-time and it liked both. What I would like to hear from you is some evidence on why real-time SPECIAL is crap and DnD is not, because you keep asserting it without supporting your argument logically.

Fallout is a setting, not an interface.

Well said. :D

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds