Weapon Thread

11XHooah

I think I'll just stick with the worlds most powerful MBT.

SoldierTech_A26-1.jpg - German Engineering. :thumbsup:

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Hey Lucius that is my tank :angry: .....see the first page, I was firrrrrrst :):p

:">

Nitpick mode To be fair, your Leo2 is an A4, the one I posted is the A6. :D

I didn't notice, sorry. :D Anyways, I know that Leopard 2 has various modes ranging from A2 to A6, but it's really about some minor improvement by countries who use them....what I wanted to ask is, does the tank on my pic look a lot bigger then yours or what, I mean the turret looks twice the size then the one on your pic? :)

Not sure, the A6 variant looks a lot like the A5 which the Danish Army use, I've seen both A5s and A4s in the Panserinfanteri Regiment I was part of, and the only really visual different in my opinion is the shape of the turret. :)

What does Croatia use, by the way?

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Not sure, the A6 variant looks a lot like the A5 which the Danish Army use, I've seen both A5s and A4s in the Panserinfanteri Regiment I was part of, and the only really visual different in my opinion is the shape of the turret.  :)

What does Croatia use, by the way?

With our defense budget being only about 500 million dollars per year, and most of it going on paychecks, maintance....so there really isn't any serious money for new hardware, although we're currently replacing our old MIG 21's with F-16's or the Swedish Gripen, they didn't decide which one yet....but my relative in the air force says it's probably going to be the F-16's - in my opinion <_< .

As far as the tanks go, our MBT is still the old T-72....but I remember from the military exercises with the Americans, we hit our targets with the old T-72's more accurately then the Americans with the M1A1....the whole crowd laughed their pants out :) , but that was probably because our guys had a lot more XP....

Drop the F-16 and the Grippie, go for something slower but by far much cooler.

su32.jpg

If it was up to me we'd buy all sorts of Russkie Air stuff, I love the designs. :)

we hit our targets with the old T-72's more accurately then the Americans with the M1A1....the whole crowd laughed their pants out  , but that was probably because our guys had a lot more XP....

:)

DENMARK!

Drop the F-16 and the Grippie, go for something slower but by far much cooler.

If it was up to me we'd buy all sorts of Russkie Air stuff, I love the designs.  :)

We're not allowed to take any Russian MIG's or Sukhoi's because the NATO standards don't allow for any of its members to buy them, and those Eastern European countries that still have them are strictley advised to undergo replacements <_<

f-117_02-front.jpg

I always liked the design of the F-117.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

The US Air force always liked the design primarily because it's a damn fine stealth aircraft which was proved in the first Gulf war, the thing in Serbia is a completley different story...but when it comes to manuvarability the design is a real bitch, the only thing keeping the F117 in the air are its 50 computers in charge of airplanes stability, if those computers shut down while airborne it would go down no matter what.....but guess that's a price you have to pay for being stealth.

We're not allowed to take any Russian MIG's or Sukhoi's because the NATO standards don't allow for any of its members to buy them, and those Eastern European countries that still have them are strictley advised to undergo replacements <_<

I didn't know that. Those rules probably apply to us as well.

Why shouldn't nations be allowed to buy cheaper arms from Eastern Europe that are, in quite a lot of cases, just as effective as those produced in the west?

DENMARK!

I didn't know that. Those rules probably apply to us as well.

Why shouldn't nations be allowed to buy cheaper arms from Eastern Europe that are, in quite a lot of cases, just as effective as those produced in the west?

I guess capitalism, profit and financial interesets found their way into NATO like everywhere, probably some defense contractors backed by politicians pushed that doctrine so they get all the money from contracts, not to mention the taxes collected from such transactions or whatever......and BTW it's probably going to F-16's over Grippen primarily to 'buy' the American vote for NATO membership....but if you ask me I would rather drop dead then go into NATO, although when the referendum comes on that issue I doubt we'll enter. The other day there was a large pole conducted and 87% were against entering :)

Yeah, well at least you get to use an AK. I was stuck with plastic-fantastic here...

c7ft.jpg

... which had to be cleaned every freaking day. And its not like we get to fire full auto anyway, so I'd much rather have the slower rate of fire and the larger caliber kthxbye. :)

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

post-2035-1135740216_thumb.jpg

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast