Taking turn base action out of RPGs...

Guest MacLeodCorp

Do you think RPGs should have turn base action?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think RPGs should have turn base action?

• Yes, RPGs should be turn based.
    • No, RPGs should have a flow in action.
    • Some other resolution needs to be done.

I see your Turbo Plasma Rifle and rise you a vorpal blade.

Oh, yeh? ***** vindicator*

You critically hit

Musopticon in the

groin for 450 hit

points, causing

serious pain

..and theres more where that came from, Buddy :o"

Reflection Shield +1

Abilities: Reflects missile weapons back to their user. This ability doesn't take armor or to hit rolls into account. Every missile is returned to it's source.

Nuff said.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

So you are rubber and he is glue?

Me no speko e undesrtando.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I guess I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum and etc.

kirottu said:

Kaf? I'm waiting, you know...

kirottu said:

Precisely, Jan.

Edit: No jab back at me? I won! Bow down before the might of overpowered D&D-gear!

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

I usually give him some kind of energy weapon. With Cassidy going auto with combat shotguns; my group is kinda unbeatable.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

Improved Flamer :-

kirottu said:

Someone on a previous page said Turn based combat systems (speaking both Crps and TT Rpgs) dont have called shots.

to that poster (as others already pointed out the Crpgs that do) Ill say this.

-Starfleet Battles

-Battletech

-Chill

-AD&D

-Runequest

-Civilry and Socery

-Elfquest

-Call of C (spelling)

All those turn based game systems I know first hand have called shot systems (plus criticals) in them.

No clue what unknown game system you played but called shots and criticals have always been a staple of Table Top Gaming. But since combat is based on a skill system you only had a CHANCE (rather then being guarenteed to hit like in real time combats) to hit. That chance was lower then normal chance so people used them sparingly as one would expect in a tactical/stategic combat.

But never never never give it to Marcus.

Friendly fire isn't.

Never give Marcus an automatic. He'll blast you to bits. I give him the Turbo Plasma rifle, nervously of course.

I always give him a minigun :wub:

I guess I'm just one of the few who see him as a fire and forget weapon and stay the heck out of the way :)

I like both.

Exactly. Sometimes one is the best solution, sometimes the other. A turnbased Bloodlines would've sucked, while a realtime Final Fantasy wouldn't have been fun.

Someones not played FFXII :ermm:

It's still turn-based is it not? Just a bit different.

I would have loved Bloodlines if it was turn-based also... I'm playing it right now, and the combat is just so lame. Feels like i'm playing GTA or some other generic hack and slash title.

Bloodlines was an attempt at connecting heavy roleplaying with a 1st/3rd person shooter game. I think the attempt was handled quite good. Especially the fact that it the combat a little quicker, so the game didn't become all about how good your character was at fighting.

Never played Bloodlines. ToEE was just too terrible to give Troika a third chance. I just hope that Obsidian ups the difficulty for NWN 2. Bioware's NWN was indeed a cakewalk and KotOR 2 wsn't much better.

I like a little challenge in my games, even in my cinematic adventure games.

Judge Hades, you really should play Bloodlines. Pirate it, if you can't stand paying the odd buck. You're missing a part of modern rpg history here. If for nothing else, then you could play it to give more merit to your arguments over the good an bad of crpgs nowadays.

kirottu said:

But never never never give it to Marcus.

Friendly fire isn't.

Never give Marcus an automatic. He'll blast you to bits. I give him the Turbo Plasma rifle, nervously of course.

I always give him a minigun :-

I guess I'm just one of the few who see him as a fire and forget weapon and stay the heck out of the way :p

I did that once. He chunked me and Vic. :thumbsup:

Judge Hades, you really should play Bloodlines. Pirate it, if you can't stand paying the odd buck. You're missing a part of modern rpg history here. If for nothing else, then you could play it to give more merit to your arguments over the good an bad of crpgs nowadays.

If I see it in the bargin bin for $10 I will probabl pick it up but I don't pirate games. Not any more.

Good, that's all I ask.

kirottu said: