10 reason to wait for the Revolution

kumquatq3

10 reason to wait for the revolution

Tech Details

"To be honest, it's not much more powerful than an Xbox. It's like a souped up Xbox," a major third party source revealed to us. "But it's the controller that makes the difference and the controller is really nice."

Still, the studios we spoke with are still very intrigued by Revolution and are not ruling out the possibility of additional graphic horsepower. No developer that chatted with us had, or was willing to share, details on the console's GPU, Hollywood. One studio said: "As soon as we find out what it can do then we'll know if Revolution will just be like an Xbox or something a little more."

Ya, but do they have Frodo as a pitchman?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Ya, I'm set to buy one too

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Anyone who spills what the controller does will be killed by Ninja  :ph34r:

We'll, until 5 minutes agao I thought we knew all the controller did, but:

"The [Revolution's] controller still has another secret," stated Miyamoto. "But it's something that we'll reveal next year." -gamespot

Is it still true that Nintendo doesn't go for games above a Teen rating?

Never has been.

Requiem is one of the creepiest games I've played. RE4 goes without saying (as well as the other REs).

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Look, I clearly don't know what I'm talking about.  That's just what I heard, way back when the Game Cube was coming out; supposedly it wasn't going to allow more mature titles.

I'd buy a cube to play more games than any other system.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Is it still true that Nintendo doesn't go for games above a Teen rating?

Never has been.

I'm not so sure about that. Nintendo used to have very strict rules about the games they allowed on their machines. I remember Rare getting in trouble for Conker's Bad Fur Day for.. Was it Nintendo 64? I think so. Also, back in the 16-bit era, they used to censor the games on the Nintendo. Blood could not be red, developers had to either remove the blood or turn it into a harmless colour.

Nintendo has always been aimed at kids (Nintendo is still one of the strongest brands among 5 year olds), even though they've at least been letting other kinds of games appear on their consoles now.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I really don't go that far back :)

I bought an N64 to play Golden Eye, Zelda and that was about it. Prior to this generation I had about 3 games per console.

Otherwise I was pretty much 100% a PC gamer.

478327[/snapback]

I suspect the "no mature games" thing has more to do with the usual anti-Nintendo crap you always see people spout here and there, than any official Nintendo policy.

They might have been down on blood and gore in the past, sure, but that's a seperate issue to games for kids. I wouldn't exactly call Conker's Bad Fur Day "mature".

Besides The Wind Waker, all my GC games are rated M+15 or MA+15.

Though I only own 6 GC games... :ph34r:

Edited by Hell Kitty

Won't the Revolution be cheaper than the Xbox? Will it play Movies the same way? I'll end up owning all the systems eventually, it's just deciding which one I'll own first. Right now, the Xbox doesn't have the titles to entice me.

Won't the Revolution be cheaper than the Xbox?  Will it play Movies the same way?  I'll end up owning all the systems eventually, it's just deciding which one I'll own first.  Right now, the Xbox doesn't have the titles to entice me.

The rumor mill puts it at $199

and I think it plays movies, but I'm not 100% sure

Twilight Princess is probably going to be a 15 if some of the content stays as it is.

On Gamestop, there is a video of there "G.A.M.E." conference, a mini E3, and a Nintendo rep came to talk about Zelda.

A complete train wreck. Hilarious.

There is band playing next to them, so he is screaming, he keeps saying the game is for the N64 and refering to the "N64 controller", and they invite a kid up to ask a question and he goes:"To tell you the truth, I've never played a Zelda game".

Edited by kumquatq3

I suspect the "no mature games" thing has more to do with the usual anti-Nintendo crap you always see people spout here and there, than any official Nintendo policy.

They might have been down on blood and gore in the past, sure, but that's a seperate issue to games for kids. I wouldn't exactly call Conker's Bad Fur Day "mature".

Sorry, you are wrong. I'm not anti-Nintendo (whatever that is) but I was active in the gaming scene when Nintendo was censoring games for their systems.

"By the mid-90's, Nintendo's censorship practices were increasingly becoming both an embarrassment and a financial liability. Nintendo was earning a reputation as being a "kiddy" company that was both too patronizing and immature for older gamers."

And:

"Today, Nintendo of America does not actively censor the games released on their systems, except in extreme circumstances. Games such as the infamous Conker's Bad Fur Day, which include swearing, blood, and sex are now openly published under the Nintendo banner, as long as they carry with them a "M for Mature Gamers" rating."

Source: http://www.filibustercartoons.com/Nintendo.php

Just because you're too young to remember Nintendo's stinking policies doesn't mean they never existed. Nintendo was (and still is) branded as the console for kids while Sega and Sony were intended for the more mature audience right from the start.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!