Microsoft sued over alleged Xbox 360 glitch

kumquatq3

im not denying there are defective systems. im just denying that its an actual problem with the mechanics of the system.

Defective systems are a problem. How is buying $400 piece of electronics and not having it work not a problem. You might be satisfied in buying a $400 paper weight that does nothing except act as a space heater but I am not. This sort of thing is a major problem.

Everyone should sue Bioware, Obsidian, Troika, and every other company then. Theys ell defetcive products! Hahahaha!

Quite frankly, suing over something like is another way to legally steal money. If you buy soemthing that doesn't work as intended bring it back and get a refund. And, don't tell me you can't 'cause you can.

The only thing people who bought a defective x-box 360 deserve is their money back. That's it.

It's a waste of the court's time to dela with such frivilous lawsuits.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

That was their choice. MS didn't force them to stand in line for 2 days. They're owed the money (either through refund or a new working x-box 360), and that's it. Anything else is legalized theft if the court decides in their favor immorally.

The only obligation that MS has to those who may have bought defective x-box 360s is replacement ones or a refund of equal value.

Just because someone decided to wiat 2 days in a line for it is not MS's responsibility just like it isn't the Harry Pooter writer's responsibility that people spent days wiating for the newest book or the theatre's fault that someone waite days to watch SW.

That's silly talk.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

And why are there still developers supporting this system?!?!?! Microshaft messed up big time if these systems are causing fires. I would not want anything to do with a console like that. I hope the peeps at Obsidian, Bioware, and Bethesda are taking a good hard look at this crap.

Well I saw the funniest thing on TV last night. They showed an add for Perfect Dark and then right after showed that add where the guys standing in a burned out house (the one that goes fire dosnt have to kill you to destroy your life) I was practically rolling around on the floor laughing. My wife was looking at me like I'd gone mental and I woke up the kids. But it was funny.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Well I saw the funniest thing on TV last night. They showed an add for Perfect Dark and then right after showed that add where the guys standing in a burned out house (the one that goes fire dosnt have to kill you to destroy your life) I was practically rolling around on the floor laughing. My wife was looking at me like I'd gone mental and I woke up the kids. But it was funny.

Timing has never been better than that. :(

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

Guest MacLeodCorp
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A Chicago man who bought Microsoft Corp.'s new    Xbox 360 has sued the world's largest software maker, saying the new video game console has a design flaw that causes it to overheat and freeze up.

The proposed class action claims that in Microsoft's bid to gain share in the $25 billion global video game market, the company was so intent on releasing the Xbox 360 before competing next-generation machines from Sony Corp and the "super awesome revolution*" from Nintendo Co Ltd. that it sold a "defectively designed" product.

Robert Byers, who brought the suit, said the power supply and central processing unit in the Xbox 360 overheat, affecting heat-sensitive chips and causing the console to lock up.

Microsoft spokeswoman Molly O'Donnell on Monday said the company does not comment on pending litigation.

Complaints about the problem surfaced quickly on gaming enthusiast Web sites after the Xbox 360 debuted on November 22.

Console owners reported that some systems had crashed during regular use as well as during online game play using the Xbox Live service. Problems included screens going black and the appearance of a variety of error messages.

At the time O'Donnell told Reuters: "We have received a few isolated reports of consoles not working as expected."

She declined to say how many reports Microsoft had received and said that calls reporting the issue to the company represented a "very, very small fraction" of units sold.

The lawsuit, filed on Friday in federal court in Illinois, seeks unspecified damages and litigation-related expenses, as well as the replacement or recall of Xbox 360 game consoles.

* Words added, but I believe the intended context remains.  :-"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051205/tc_nm/media_xbox_dc

Hehehe... When it comes to recalls, and the price of the XBox, I think Microsoft should pull their product back. However, I do think a lawsuit is going too far. He should have moved out of his mother's basement by now...Look at the rundown on the price:

$299 (For the stripped down version)

$499 (For the backwards compatible and wireless version.)

$60 (For the games.)

------------------------------

$560 (For one game and the better version XBox.)

Buy a computer! $499 is a great down payment on a computer. Why buy something that has only one use? When you buy a computer it can be used for games, homework, online communications, etc... When you buy an XBox, it is only a paper weight until you buy a game. How many people out there have $560 to blow on something that has only one function. Yeah, I bought the XBox, but only when it was priced for $100, and the games were $20. What a waste of money... I would have waited three to four years, so the XBox360 would be down to about $150, and the games will be close to $30. Plus. For the next two years, there are going to be various hardware issues. Hold onto your money...

Lawsuit!?!?! What a joke...

Plus! I have only seen about four to five games available... What a waste...

LOL, Hades and I just found out something funny about this so called lawsuit!

You all realize that its ONLY proof (listed in lawsuit) come from Blogs and various message boards! ROFL!

Thats what the petitioner is citing as PROOF!

Damn near fell outta my chair laughing when I read that!

Also, lawsuit was filed 10 days after official launch and cited MSs failure to RECALL the product as one of its points! LOL a recall withing 10 days of launch? Whose kidding who here?

LOL, this lawsuit now ranks right up there with the old lady that tried to sue the airline because they hit turbulance during her flight! LOL!