Microsoft sued over alleged Xbox 360 glitch

kumquatq3

What a joke! Just return the thing if it doens't work properly. Definitely not worth  a lawsuit. It should be thrown out.

Agreed.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I see Xbox 360 ads on TV all the time (Microsoft must be spending billions on marketing!) but I have yet not heard any sales numbers in Sweden. Of course, they only started selling it on Dec 2.

The lawsuit is ridiculous.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Thats what you get with world wide release. The only place MS has a real base is in the US and yet they sent 1 million consoles to Japan , a place where the Xbox has sold less than 500,000 over it's entire lifespan. And backed that up with the worst ever lineup and awful BC (12 games).

As for the suit, well I wouldnt call it worthless or ridiculous, especially if it turns out to be true. I certainly dont want to be stuck with poorly designed flawed machines that could burn down my house if left unatended.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Are these malfunction rumors actually substantiated?

I don't know anyone who owns a 360. Anyone on the boards have one?

I havent heard any valid substantiation yet Azure.

Thing that gets me about this (and causes me to dismiss the complaints) is IF its truely a design flaw, it would be happening to EVERYONE that bought a XBox 360.

And its not! Last I heard it was something like 1 machine outta every 2000-3000 sold.

I suspect we will hear alot more about this topic in coming months and wouldnt be half surprised if machines effected were actually took apart by owners LOOKING for flaws and accidently creating them themselves by doing so.

As I said, if it was a machine flaw, it would be happening to everyone (or at least a majority).

Thing that gets me about this (and causes me to dismiss the complaints) is IF its truely a design flaw, it would be happening to EVERYONE that bought a XBox 360.

Not really. Although it may happen at a later date.

It's a design flaw if the chip or the PSU wont run in the normal enviroment that a console should. The other thing you have to ask , is if those things are running that hot how long are they going to last. If they burn out after a couple of 100 hours of use then that would be a design flaw.

If you havnt seen the 360 PSU btw it's about the size of a large housebrick. Theres a picture in one of the recent threads showing it in size compared to a revolution.

post-481-1133864038_thumb.jpg

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

If they do win then it is be best for Obsidian and Bioware to transfer their console titles they are working on to PC titles.  That would be best indeed.  ;)

Yeah I'd so much rather pay

478327[/snapback]

Here is a better one.

I think this is a more accurate depiction:

If it wont work from behind a cabinet it would never work that close to the sun.

A large housebrick it an apt description, or a ghost trap ;)

478327[/snapback]

I have a 360 and haven't had one heating problem the power bar doesn't even get hot for me, my basement is a heater in itself and I haven't had one problem. I know of 4 other people in my city(and there are more) that have the system and haven't had a problem with it at all. And ive played mine for hours on hours, and left it on over the course of 3 or so days and still nothing. so its definatly not a flaw in the system. Sorry to break the news to all you haters out there.

im not denying there are defective systems. im just denying that its an actual problem with the mechanics of the system.

If the things are running that hot it's going to seriously shorten the lifespan. I'd take out an extended warranty if I were you.

478327[/snapback]