That perfect Christmas gift...

tarna

I'm listening to BBC World Service right now, and there was a report of a different company offering the same service (product?) in Mexico. Apparently, they think it will sell well because of the big cult of the dead there. Alas, it takes 12 weeks, plus it must be hell to get it through customs.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Quality control is a little lacking in Mexico. You'd probably be getting a week's worth of kitchen slop and all the local road-kill instead of Aunt Frump :mellow: .

Remember recently here in the US where some goon running a crematorium was actually dumping the bodies into the nearby lake?

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

So, in the finished LifeGem (DeathGem?), what proportion of the matter would be from the cremated ashes?  Moreover, I think that most of the ashes you get back are from the coffin rather than the body.

Nowadays, I think that the body is 'decanted' in a still before cremated. I'm not sure I want to know what is done with the body's water content afterwards.

LifeChampagne!

So grim :shifty:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

seriously - this is a joke right? ...

I had heard this on the radio last year. Apparently they're serious. Thought it was pretty strange so I posted it here for you guys to laugh about.

LifeChampagne!

Now that's waayyy to gruesome! :)

Although there was some Italian official last year that had the 'leftovers' from his liposuction made into a bar of soap and sold it on eBay for quite a bit. I guess there's a market for anything. ;)

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

Although there was some Italian official last year that had the 'leftovers' from his liposuction made into a bar of soap and sold it on eBay for quite a bit. I guess there's a market for anything.  ;)

That really is disgusting :), what sane person would want to wash themselves with pure human fat? :)

Human fat makes the best soap.

It depends on how you view humans. If you view them as just another animal then using soap made from people is no different than using soap made from any other animal is it.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

It's still disgusting. Imagine having the 'donor' rubbing up against you in the shower. Now Gina Lolobrigida on the other hand... :thumbsup:

Ruminations...

It depends on how you view humans. If you view them as just another animal then using soap made from people is no different than using soap made from any other animal is it.

This may sound slightly naive, but im assuming from this that most soaps is made from animals now? :-

I guess i've never actually thought about where soap comes from until now...

So why is the life gem disgusting? By being reduced to its component molecules the deceased no longer retains any vestige of its former self. Its just carbon. Y'all are wussies :-

It's odd to think that one might form some emotional attachment to what is essentially a corpse in another form, however each to his or her own, I suppose.

Has anyone mentioned the notion of being turned into gunpowder yet?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

So why is the life gem disgusting? By being reduced to its component molecules the deceased no longer retains any vestige of its former self. Its just carbon. Y'all are wussies :-

It's odd to think that one might form some emotional attachment to what is essentially a corpse in another form, however each to his or her own, I suppose.

I personally think its the concept that builds inside someone's head when that person is alive that they have a soul all along, and that when they die, a piece of this soul, or a piece of the person still remains with them, so its just like having them alive clinging to your hand :-.

Not sure if that makes much sense...

I personally think its the concept that builds inside someone's head when that person is alive that they have a soul all along, and that when they die, a piece of this soul, or a piece of the person still remains with them, so its just like having them alive clinging to your hand :).

Not sure if that makes much sense...

It does, but I think most religions would regard it as heresy. Though you may show respect for the body, the soul is definitely gone. If you believe in the soul, that is.