V:TM - Bloodlines

Musopticon?

I've never been able to get my humanity down at all.  I just feel guilty - it's even worse than playing Kotor 2 as a darksider. :(

So my question was, are there any good dialogue options or other things that open up when your humanity is low?  If there's considerable new content, I might be able to force myself. o:)

If you don't have a high persuasion or access to Dominate or Dementation you will tend to lose a lot of humanity points resolving situations.

For example when Samantha was going to call her friends in Hollywood my Brujah Logan had no choice but to kill her. So he got a Masquerade Redemption but lost humanity in the process.

edit: spelling

Edited by CrashGirl
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Well yeah you can let them live by stopping short of their death. She asked if your humanity dropped if you drained them until they died.

I noly kill civilians when I grow bored and go on a killing spree. When that is out of my system I'll just reload the previous save game.

I don't randomly kill civilians either, but there was the one time when one was standing at the entrance to Confession and wouldn't move no matter how long I waited. Since I needed to get in there, I took the pragmatic route.

ANyway, I like to stay in character with my Vampires. My Brujah does most of his thinking with his fists, so that's how he resolves things. Really, he's not too bright, but he's a sweetie. o:)

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

There's no level progression, you can invest XP right away after you gain it. Anyway, there's no random encounters or any of that; all killing is tied to the quests and dungeons and you get xp only by solving problems, doing quests and using skills so there's no xp-farming.

I kind of like it.

Enough? Well, I thought there was more than enough to make a character capable of doing a variety of different trades. There's no "pure" fighter or thief or mage or diplomat, although the clans do serve those roles to some extent. In essence, you can't make a jack of all trades, but theres enough xp to specialize(melee, fists, guns, smooching, blood magic, sneakoman) and be at least decent in diplomatic skills and some technical stuff.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Ehmm...I had no problems taking some bow-wow-skills on the side, while specializing in melee.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Hub-bub, speech, wigwag, talking, etc.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

:wacko: to yourself.
kirottu said:

Yeah, tell apart the other references and earn free TOMBS points. :D

kirottu said:

But is the XP gain balanced?

Child o' Flame was saying he couldn't get any because he took a combat character.

Because of the rather combat-intensive nature of the game, especially the last half, the game does favor the better combat clans in general.

Brujah are effective because you can just build unarmed and persuasion and toss the rest of your points into your disciplines, celerity first followed by potence and presence. Then you can put leftover points into melee or ranged or stealth or whatever you want.

The other clans require a bit more hand-holding to develop.

On a general note: persuasion is way unbalanced through the first half of the game. Unless you're really into RPing your Vamp you would never not develop persuasion. However, not developing persuasion, such as I'm doing with my Brujah, makes your charcter feel much more unique.

But is the XP gain balanced?

Child o' Flame was saying he couldn't get any because he took a combat character.

Because of the rather combat-intensive nature of the game, especially the last half, the game does favor the better combat clans in general.

Brujah are effective because you can just build unarmed and persuasion and toss the rest of your points into your disciplines, celerity first followed by potence and presence. Then you can put leftover points into melee or ranged or stealth or whatever you want.

The other clans require a bit more hand-holding to develop.

To be totally honest, the only real, tangible difference between the clans is the various disciplines they get. Pumping a Toreador's combat feats doesn't really involve anything other than spending a few more exp points. Also, Toreador and Brujah are roughly equal in their combat viability through disciplines, even though Brujah tend to do more damage in melee if they opt for potence. Though I guess Toreador get Auspex for buffing perception past 10 for MEGA HEADSHOT CRITS giving that extra point of damage for 60 or so exp.

On a general note: persuasion is way unbalanced through the first half of the game.  Unless you're really into RPing your Vamp you would never not develop persuasion.  However, not developing persuasion, such as I'm doing with my Brujah, makes your charcter feel much more unique.

On a sidenote, Malkavians and Ventrue make excellent talkers even without any points put into charisma.

Maggots! You are eating maggots!

Edited by Lord Tingeling

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

I usually stick with Toreador and Tremere clans. You can beef up the Toreadors to be a decent combat clan. Tremeres you can do the same but try and get 5 points in Thaumaturgy. Why get your hands dirty when you can use those devastating blood spells. :devil:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester