VtM: Bloodlines 1 Year Anniversary Q&A

funcroc

Yep, as far as I can tell, the fanmade 1.8 and 1.9 patches create more problems than they fix at present. Which is a problem that's been growing ever since the earliest unofficial patches, as more and more gets changed and added.

Which is why I play with just the official 1.2. At least the bugs that can still happen under 1.2 (e.g., the barred door in the kuei jin temple sometimes requires a noclip to get past) are known and easily bypassed, if they do happen. But in my last playthrough, I experienced no game-stopping bugs whatsoever under 1.2, so it wasn't even a matter of lesser evils.

Is there any way to fix the memory leak?

It'd be nice if a few Troika employees would just...I don't know, take some time out of their busy schedules, in the spirit of the season of course, to make a few amendments to their code...and distribute said modifications through some third party websites... :)" *Hint, Hint* *Nudge, Nudge* *Wink, Wink*

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

It'd be nice if a few Troika employees would just...I don't know, take some time out of their busy schedules, in the spirit of the season of course, to make a few amendments to their code...and distribute said modifications through some third party websites... :*" *Hint, Hint* *Nudge, Nudge* *Wink, Wink*

If they didn't have the necessary skill to get it right before, why would they now? Surely the problems in VtM:B run deeper than a few glitches in the code. :p

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Is Bloodlines buggier than Arcanum?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Is Bloodlines buggier than Arcanum?

Neither game is buggy once you've installed all the available patches. The problem with Bloodlines is that many (though not all) players experience very low framerates, stuttering sound and other issues on systems that can handle visually similar games without a problem. And the 'minimum system requirements', more than in most games, is verging on the dishonest.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)