Is Star Wars Battlefront II any good ?

I can't play a game just for the atmosphere. That's crazy.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Touche, my platypus friend.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Back to the topic of Battlefront II, shall we?

Its nothing special. Notice, even in the comercials they harald it as "the sequel to the best selling Star Wars game ever" and not on its own merits? That should've set off a red flag, but it didn't and I picked up a copy.

I was robbed!

Back to the topic of Battlefront II, shall we?

Its nothing special.  Notice, even in the comercials they harald it as "the sequel to the best selling Star Wars game ever" and not on its own merits?  That should've set off a red flag, but it didn't and I picked up a copy.

I was robbed!

Are you sure you were robbed? I thought the storymode was excellent. I just figured something really cool out too. It is possible to use any Hero or Vilian in instant action mode w/o a time limit. Go to Mos Eisley. You can choose between Heros or Villians and the battle is insane! I also loved the revamped Conquest mode. I admit, it still isn't in my top five list, but it is a wonderfully addicting game.

Edited by Akhan225

I have literally just remembered, i was really quite disappointed and annoyed at one point of this game, which was that i noticed that the battle music is actually identical to that of Jedi Academy at some points! :blink: :angry:

This puts it down a few points IMO. Disappointing.

• 3 months later...

Yes, I truly loath this game. It's random, confusing, and boring. Someone asked me to buy the game so I could play with them, which I'v done, but I don't see myself playing the game otherwise. Even multiplayer, the maps are huge with the same tedious objectives. Ugh.

Now, something like RtCW, with it's small teams and varied objectives is much, much, MUCH better. In Bordomfront 2, you run around a huge map, stopping every now and then to stand on top of a glowing point in the floor. Do it often enough, and you've won. In RtCW, you are forced to blow a hole in the fortress wall, fight your way to the secret documents, run them to the transmitter, and all within a limited amount of time. I think RtCW is my favorite game. It's more forgiving than some of the super realistic titles, but it's rooted in World War II.

I don't know if Battlefield 2 is like Battlefront 2, but these huge battles just aren't very fun to me. Add the weird weapons and idiotic species and droids and the game is a complete joke. Sure, it's cool to get to play a Jedi every now and then, but over I thought some of the older Star Wars FPSs surpasseed Battlecrap in virtually every way.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Yes, Gabs, I didn't want to start a new thread if one already existed. I didn't want to write a long review, just a quick thought.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

No no, I didn't take any offense whatsoever. Thanks for the link, SP. I really do prefer small squads rather than huge, prawling battles.

Obsidian Plays