Fahrenheit. Still cold if you ask me.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Probably Celsius, I live in the same general area myself.

Somebody doesn't know their temperatures I see. :thumbsup:"

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Personally i don't see anything wrong with their games. Seems to me some people give them an hard time because of their popularity more then anything else.

I played all their games starting from Warcraft2 and i haven't found a single dud. Infact i had to force myself to quit every each one of them and that doesn't happen often.

That said, after WoW if they do eventually tackle the Diablo franchise i'd rather be it a single player RPG (a real one) with online capabilities.

It wouldn't make sense to compete against themselves by creating a community centered online RPG when they have WoW already, and i think they are long since due to prove themselves in the RPG front.

Edited by Lyric Suite

I think Blizzard should stick with what it's good at.

Diablo 3 should be a clickly-hack-and-slash-fest

I don't know about that.

WoW was the damn best MMORPG i ever played. It may not say much considering the genre is notoriously lacking, but it proved they can tackle on other genres with ease and there's no reason to doubt their potential.

Besides, Guild Wars and Hellgate London already carry the spirit of the originals (given that they are made by the same people), Blizzard should use the franchise for something else...

Blizzard's site doesn't specify the release date, unless I missed it. The story looks interesting, esp. since it's going to continue where Brood War left off. What I want to hear most about is Lieutenant Duran. What is up with that guy? From what Brood War showed, it seems he was never human to begin with! :o

I did happen to notice they changed Nova's hair from red to blonde. :(:huh:

Blizzard's site doesn't specify the release date, unless I missed it.  The story looks interesting, esp. since it's going to continue where Brood War left off.  What I want to hear most about is Lieutenant Duran.  What is up with that guy?  From what Brood War showed, it seems he was never human to begin with!  :o

I figured he was a Xel-Naga.

I can't believe I still remember that from the Starcraft backstory.. actually... I can't believe I still remember the Starcraft backstory.

I did happen to notice they changed Nova's hair from red to blonde.    :huh:  :blink:

That does rather suck. :ermm:

I can't believe I still remember that from the Starcraft backstory.. actually... I can't believe I still remember the Starcraft backstory.

All considering it was a decent story. Best i ever seen in an RTS, to be sure.

Hopefully they'll be able to do the same for Starcraft 2, i wasn't too hot about the story behind Warcraft III, and i pretty much loathed all the characters, aside for Thrall...

Edited by Lyric Suite

I don't quite care for Starcraft Ghost, since it won't go out for PC, and Blizzard never intended to do it to go out for PC.

Neither do I care for Diablo III. Still, Starcraft II will be a good idea for a new game.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

don't like WoW for a few reason most of which have to do with the fact that it's a son of a gun trying to organize 60 people for a Raid. I'm a COH geek and thus We have a max team size of 8 and our developers are much more active in game, they actually use their own "avatars" ingame as the icons of the universe.

With Vivendi taking over blizzard I dont' think we will be seeing any more "groundbreaking" stuff. I'm willing to bet that they will try to move away from the cartoony War3 and get back to either 2d or somthing akin to Total Annihilation for Starcraft2.

And Darque. don't worry. for some reason I'm able to remeber warcraft starcraft diablo and about a dozen other games histories.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

don't like WoW for a few reason most of which have to do with the fact that it's a son of a gun trying to organize 60 people for a Raid. I'm a COH geek and thus We have a max team size of 8 and our developers are much more active in game, they actually use their own "avatars" ingame as the icons of the universe.

City of H has got to have the most boring end game i ever experienced in a MMORPG. I have a room mate who still plays the game constantly and quite frankly i don't know how he manages to do it. There's literally nothing, NOTHING to do.

As for gathering 60 people for a WoW raid, isn't the raid limit 40 (for one), and how is that different from gathering 60 people for yet another Emidon 'raid' ? (if you can call it that, more like a static encounter).

With Vivendi taking over blizzard I dont' think we will be seeing any more "groundbreaking" stuff. I'm willing to bet that they will try to move away from the cartoony War3 and get back to either 2d or somthing akin to Total Annihilation for Starcraft2.

Vivendi bought Blizzard over years ago. They are not 'taking' over, it's been done already.

Didn't seem to affect them all that much (aside for Blizzard North wanting out). Vivendi would have to be out of their minds to screw up such a gold mine. It's not like Blizzard have ever been 'groundbraking' at anything to begin with...

Edited by Lyric Suite

City of H has got to have the most boring end game i ever experienced in a MMORPG. I have a room mate who still plays the game constantly and quite frankly i don't know how he manages to do it. There's literally nothing, NOTHING to do.

As for gathering 60 people for a WoW raid, isn't the raid limit 40 (for one), and how is that different from gathering 60 people for yet another Emidon 'raid' ? (if you can call it that, more like a static encounter).

It's hamidon... and actually things can be pretty fun as you learn more about the world that this is set in... And with COV we actually have viable PvP stuff.

Vivendi bought Blizzard over years ago. They are not 'taking' over, it's been done already.

Didn't seem to affect them all that much (aside for Blizzard North wanting out). Vivendi would have to be out of their minds to screw up such a gold mine. It's not like Blizzard have ever been 'groundbraking' at anything to begin with...

Blizzard North was the lords of the gaming industry. With them gone the creative stuff is gone... along with Chris Metzen (the guy who created Warcraft Starcraft and Diablo.)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

It's hamidon... and actually things can be pretty fun as you learn more about the world that this is set in...

Do they explain the origin of Hamidon's massive lag field ?

And with COV we actually have viable PvP stuff.

Yeah, just when i was hoping my mate would stop playing the game they had to release the expansion... ;)

Blizzard North was the lords of the gaming industry. With them gone the creative stuff is gone... along with Chris Metzen (the guy who created Warcraft Starcraft and Diablo.)

Blizzard North were responsible for the Diablo series, hardly the best games ever to come out of Blizzard, and Metzen was merely the writer/art designer for those games, and as far as i know he's still working for Blizzard, or am i wrong? :huh:

Despite any personal opinions, Blizzards is still an extremely powerful developer. They make the games they want to, and they release when they want to, and they sell like hot cakes.

They've never had a dud. Every game they have released has been well reviewed and sold extremely well. This isn't fanboism, it's just the facts of the gaming industry.