Blizzard Rumor

angshuman

Stashed away in a drawer not to be looked upon until all bugs and classes are fixed and balanced in World of Warcraft... oh I'm sorry, that was me dreaming again. :shifty:

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

Starcrap and Warcrap? No, Diablo 3!

:angry:

I personally loved all three series of games. At the moment though, I think Starcraft II is the one most in need of a sequal. The expansion pack "Brood War" had one of the biggest cliffies of all the games, and yet we haven't seen a continuation for almost seven years!

Especially with the huge revelation concerning Duran and the Zerg/Protoss hybrids! Not to mention the "threat looming at the edge of the galaxy" mentioned in the credits! Why in the hell would you make a cliffie like that if you didn't intend to continue it? We deserve better from you, Blizzard!

I personally loved all three series of games. At the moment though, I think Starcraft II is the one most in need of a sequ[e]l ... we haven't seen a continuation for almost seven years!

I'd wouldn't get my hopes up too high for a sequel that has taken longer than Duke Nukem Forever ...

:thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I personally loved all three series of games. At the moment though, I think Starcraft II is the one most in need of a sequ[e]l ... we haven't seen a continuation for almost seven years!

I'd wouldn't get my hopes up too high for a sequel that has taken longer than Duke Nukem Forever ...

:o

Thanks, spellmar. :thumbsup:

But I still have faith in Blizzard, thanks. However, with the amount of time it's taking them to release Starcraft: Ghost, I'm not expecting Starcraft II anytime soon. :ermm:

I've given up on waiting.

It'd be nice if we could get the sequels...for all three games (Starcraft, Warcraft III, and Diablo II) but I don't see it happening any time soon.

But I think SC: Ghost is a continuation of the story from where Broodwar left off. What sucks, is that I have no desire to play a SC game on a console...what the hell, Blizzard, SC was a PC game, why no PC port for Ghost?

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Diablo II LoD ended with every one of the prime evils dead.

Warcraft III is continued in WoW.

Starcraft is continued in SC: Ghost.

So Blizzard has their bases covered... For now.

Edited by Azarkon

There are doors

I want Starcraft 2

I want Starcraft: Ghost

I want Diablo 3

She makes a good point.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I'd really look forward to StarCraft 2. It's hands down the best RTS I've played interms of gameplay, creativity and story. Somehow Blizzard hasn't managed to reproduce that level of storytelling in their games which could be why they're hesitant to release it.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

The only reason I don't think Starcraft 2 is right around the corner is the fact that Ghost is set in the Stracraft universe. But I agree it's the most needed of their three universes.

The fact is Blizzard takes a long time to develop games...but they've never had a failure. And before any of you sour pusses object, don't bother, just because you don't like a game doesn't mean it's not successful.

It sounds like they are trying a Guild Wars idea with Diablo, if the rumors are true. I can see that working. GW really is not a MMORPG, so that will keep the action fans happy.

It sounds like they are trying a Guild Wars idea with Diablo, if the rumors are true.  I can see that working.  GW really is not a MMORPG, so that will keep the action fans happy.

They did a good job with the first two Diablos with Battlenet. Lets see if they can improve on that.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

^ I have to agree. Except for Starcraft. It wasn't bad. Of course, all these games sold like hotcakes, which makes it a bit hard to criticize Blizzard. My beef with them is that their last truly innovative game was Lost Vikings.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

*sigh*

Long I have waited for a sequel, but as that moment draws ever near now, I'm worried. Gone are Roper and folks, the biz have moved to 3D, etc. I fear for D3.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds