NWN2 Screenies

There's also a reason why NWN is still alive, and not long dead like the BG series.

Yup. That reason being mainly the fact that the last installment in the BG series was released in 2001, and HotU came out in 2003. And, at any rate, mods keep coming out for the BG series.

Also, NWN was much more multiplayer-friendly than BG, which has contributed to keep the game alive.

While the toolset is certainly nice, it's not one of the determining factors as mods have appeared for other games that didn't include developer tools, and the toolset is irrelevant except for those who want to create modules. And those are in the minority.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

"Really? You should check out Pokemon Emerald and Saphire, it sells for more now than it did at release."

I never said NWN was the only game to have success years after its release. I even gave another example. I apologize for not mentioning your precious Pokemon. It wans't menat as a slight. I'm sure there are other games that fit in this group as well.

As for your 3 copies. Geez.. You need help. I have two. One I bought when it came out, and I gave that way when I bought the Platinum Edition.

You should try TOEE. You might like it. Probably not; but it's not *all* bad. Heh.

"Yup. That reason being mainly the fact that the last installment in the BG series was released in 2001, and HotU came out in 2003. And, at any rate, mods keep coming out for the BG series."

Mods played by the same 5 people for the same 5 people. And, mods that 100% suck. Don't get me wrong. NWN has its share of crappy mods too; but the percentage of qualkity to non quality mods is much better for NWN. Not to mention, BG is dead as evdienced by the fact that the devs and publishers don't do anything for it.

Bottom line is NWN is still alive. BG series is not. This should be undisputable as the evidence is unstoppable.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I never said NWN was the only game to have success years after its release. I even gave another example. I apologize for not mentioning your precious Pokemon. It wans't menat as a slight. I'm sure there are other games that fit in this group as well.

As for your 3 copies. Geez.. You need help. I have two. One I bought when it came out, and I gave that way when I bought the Platinum Edition.

You should try TOEE. You might like it. Probably not; but it's not *all* bad. Heh.

Bottom line is NWN is still alive. BG series is not. This should be undisputable as the evidence is unstoppable.

The problem is that NwN is no different to many other games that get reisued in a desperate bid to make cash. NwN hasnt held it's starting price a year on , neither has Sims 2. Pokemon on the other hand has.

There is yet another NwN reiusse on the 11th of November. But thats not in any of the preorder charts. It's also the same thing they released however many months ago. NwN,HotU and SoU in the same box they are chucking it out for

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Mods played by the same 5 people for the same 5 people. And, mods that 100% suck. Don't get me wrong. NWN has its share of crappy mods too; but the percentage of qualkity to non quality mods is much better for NWN. Not to mention, BG is dead as evdienced by the fact that the devs and publishers  don't do anything for it.

Yea I agree the BG scene is slowly dying, but I did try a total conversion called return to trademeet a while ago. Not great but not bad. It equaled the average NWN module, I won't go beyond that. The sad thing is two modders are using the ie to remake old first edition modules. One guy has done L1, U1 and a 3rd Edition module and is finishing the U series and plans on adding the slaver A series, and another modder hinted at, but was unwilling to admit it because he hasn

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Just to lighten up the thread a bit(sheesh, guys): When NWN 2 finally gets released I assume there'll be people on this board up for multiplayer?

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Something like that did cross my mind. :)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Just to lighten up the thread a bit(sheesh, guys): When NWN 2 finally gets released I assume there'll be people on this board up for multiplayer?

Can you say "hell yeah!"?

:cool:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

WOW! They're previewing a 3+ year old game. WOW!

Don't get this at all do you :) It's impossible to preview a game that has alrady been released so again no need use anything beyond the name.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Lamest Inf- ... :wub: ... ****.

The screens are pretty, and yes, Volo, it's quite obvious SP means NWN 2. No need to get so uptight about it. Some things you just need to let go...it's healthier that way.

Steve, that FX5200 should get you low to mid range settings. Mus, I'd be up for multi if people were ok with me playin', and SP, great find.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Who's uptight? I'm surely not. I'm just teasin' him. :devil:

Suuuuure :-"

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast