NHL is back

Fionavar

You might have had him confused with I think Alexander Semin.  I don't know how good he is or anything, but I know he's a Russian prospect for the Caps.

T.H.A.N.K. Y.O.U. I've been pondering that name all day without getting it out of my head. SEMIN. That's the guy.

Malkin had 1 goal 1 assist in tonite's junior championship game against.. uh.. Slovakia, I think? I envy Pittsburgh. Isn't it the Leafs turn to get a great prospect soon..?

Sweden's mini crowns won against the Czechs. 3-2.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

That's just awesome news about the Whalers. I always thought they had a great jersey and logo.

Since we have a draft lottery, Pittsburgh has a chance at the first pick. I don't know if they have less of a chance since they got it this year.

In a perfect world Edmonton would beat Nashville tonight then Saturday nights' game against Calgary would be for bragging rights and the top spot in the Northwest.

And here is an old link to one of the nastiest injuries in hockey recorded on tape. Enjoy!!

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I'm ready for the Preds to come home for the New Year. The road trip started well (3-0) but it was a rough last two games (0-2).

The Oilers, Flames, and Canucks are three very good teams. I am glad that the Preds got at least one win from them.

Next Friday, Detroit at Nashville! :blink:

Ah, interesting.  I'm glad they do it that way.  It avoids the idea of playing for last place.  That happens in the NFL, and it's pretty ugly.

I agree. Tanking on purpose is bad for the sport in general IMO. I think I actually prefer the NBA's lottery. Only teams that did not make the playoffs are eligible, and the teams with worse records have a better chance of getting a higher pick.

Go Oilers!

I need sleep...still awake!

Edited by alanschu

On the subject of tanking to get high draft picks, you can't help mention the Alexander Daigle incident a few years back.

And as much as tonight is a 'put up or shut up' night for the Oilers, I'm (just about) more interested in how Ottawa will fare over the next couple of weeks. No Havlat or Spezza, and now Alfreddson is out with a broken rib. He said he expects to be skating in a few days. All I can say is good luck buddy, because trying to play hockey with cracked ribs will hurt like a sonofabitch.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Just pump Alfredsson full of painkillers and he'll be fine.

Anyhow, I continue to be amazed by Ovechkin night after night. I really should stop obsessing about the guy, and I think I've been good at it for the last couple of weeks.. But did you see his plays against Philly? He really is one of the top players in the NHL, even though he is a rookie! Not many players can get my neckhair to stand on end in (almost) every game.

Also.. LEAFS WON THEIR FIFTH STRAIGHT! Take that, Oilers fans! :))

Well viewers who aren't absolutely ****faced and living in Canada are being treated to a doozy of a game tonight between Edmonton and Calgary. Calgary went up two nothing only to have the Oil score three straight goals. Then Calgary pots two more and now teh good team just tied things up. I have to quit typing because I'm missing the game.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Well viewers who aren't absolutely ****faced and living in Canada are being treated to a doozy of a game tonight between Edmonton and Calgary.  Calgary went up two nothing only to have the Oil score three straight goals.  Then Calgary pots two more and now teh good team just tied things up.  I have to quit typing because I'm missing the game.

Calgary went up 5-4 and now Edmonton just tied it up. That's the fourth powerplay for them! Awesome game here! :)

And the Oilers give away the game in the last minute and a half. I guess I'm dissapointed that my team lost, but at the same time I'm glad because it was such an entertaining game. Plus Flames fans shouldn't be so overjoyed since the winning goal redirected off of both Oiler defenceman. But Calgary is ahead in the standings, and Edmonton deserved a point, but such is the way of an imperfect universe... :thumbsup:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Toronto is only one point behind the Oilers and they have played one game less. This five game winning streak is the longest of the season for the Leafs. That should tell you something about the season the Leafs are having..

Jagr is already looking like he's going to win the scoring title. Wonder what happened to him.

Atlanta beat Washington tonight, 5-2. But..

Ovechkin: 6 goals, 6 assist for 12 points in the last 6 games (including tonight where he also scored one).

Has any one been keeping up with the world championships .. I would be interested in a Canadian - Russia final cause Russia has been pretty dominate so far- and we beat the American(even if it was close)

and I haven't seen Malkin play yet

so Mkreku tonight Crosby comes to Toronto to take on Sundin and the Leafs I wonder what kind of reception he will get should be a good game

Toronto should win it though

and Calgary has a chance to increase there lead in the Northwest Division by 4 points with a win over Chicago

can't wait

"Has any one been keeping up with the world championships .. I would be interested in a Canadian - Russia final cause Russia has been pretty dominate so far- and we beat the American(even if it was close)"

Yeah, 'cause scoring the game winner into an empty net proves anything. Ha. Let's see a real winner next time (if the US beats their first round opponent that is).

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Here is a link I found about Evengi Malkin for you Mkreku. And what's up with the early games today? Don't people in Calgary and Atlanta have jobs? From the stats sheet it looks like the Sens could really be missing their captain right about now.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Steen made a comeback from his dislocated thumb injury and really got Toronto's top line of Chad Kilger (!) - Mats Sundin - Alexander Steen working again. Kilger had 2 goals, Steen and Sundin 2 assists each.

It annoys me that they had to win it in overtime (and on a lucky bounce), but a win is a win even if it is an ugly one. Six straight wins and still eight points behind Ottawa.. Wow.

Thanks for the Malkin link, Kor!

Chad Kilger is a horrible floater. I'm just amazed at how toronto is winning without half of their stars in the lineup. It looked like Darcy Tucker is hurt as well, so maybe GFjr will be making a call to Robert Reichel soon... :-

And did anyone catch the hightlights from yesterdays 'Hawks/Flames game? I'm glad that the NHL suspended Spacek for two games for that ****ty kneecap hit.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I'm not surprised at all. Has anyone here seen Allison skate? ME NEITHER. The guy is slower than my grandma! Lindros looked great for a short period of time at the beginning of the season but has become invisible ever since. Sometimes they even lose him in the dressing room, he's that invisible.